Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2012, 12:47   #1
BHPian

Bluetooth for the Skoda Superb

The Skoda Superb now has an ICE with in-built blue tooth. I was wondering if one can install the blue tooth on my Superb by installing the software of Skoda Superb with the blue tooth feature? Or will it involve much more?

Last edited by ivar1951 : 18th January 2012 at 12:51.
Old 18th January 2012, 14:18   #2
BHPian

Re: Blue tooth for 2010 Skoda Superb

There is no in-built bluetooth in Skoda/VW vehicle, you need an external module that connects to ICE and gets integrated to the CAR on CAN-BUS network, you either have it or you don't, if its not working currently then it means you don't, look for the bluetooth module like 9W7 on internet and get the module with connector, its generally placed under the driver seat and there already exist the fitting point! Once installed you need to enable the module on CAN network and you are done.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 14:55   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
There is no in-built bluetooth in Skoda/VW vehicle, you need an external module that connects to ICE and gets integrated to the CAR on CAN-BUS network, you either have it or you don't, if its not working currently then it means you don't, look for the bluetooth module like 9W7 on internet and get the module with connector, its generally placed under the driver seat and there already exist the fitting point! Once installed you need to enable the module on CAN network and you are done.

-Pramod
He means the current Superb sold has bluetooth and he is right.
Features Skoda Auto - The Skoda Superb -

His superb is probably the earlier batch that did not have bluetooth from the factory.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 15:21   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
He means the current Superb sold has bluetooth and he is right.
Features Skoda Auto - The Skoda Superb -

His superb is probably the earlier batch that did not have bluetooth from the factory.
Sorry about the confusion, anyway current Superb module bluetooth possibly is also 9w7 that can be fitted into any other Skoda, these modules are external module and the phone preparation mentioned are wiring and connector, that you can get with the new module, if I am not wrong few of the VW cars are coming with the steering control but no phone! as they need the module and connector, I have one in my Yeti, and that how I know what and how it can be done.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2236025

Thanks,
Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 18th January 2012 at 15:23.
Old 18th January 2012, 16:07   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Sorry about the confusion, anyway current Superb module bluetooth possibly is also 9w7 that can be fitted into any other Skoda, these modules are external module and the phone preparation mentioned are wiring and connector, that you can get with the new module, if I am not wrong few of the VW cars are coming with the steering control but no phone! as they need the module and connector, I have one in my Yeti, and that how I know what and how it can be done.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2236025

Thanks,
Pramod
OT: Your Yeti thread is . Very impressive. I wish Yeti came in L&K edition with xenon and panoramic sunroof.
Old 21st January 2012, 21:01   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev

OT: Your Yeti thread is . Very impressive. I wish Yeti came in L&K edition with xenon and panoramic sunroof.
OT: I figured out everything can be done except sunroof , the cost if xenon is too high it may cost more than 4k USD in parts and the making it work would be another big task, the auto folding mirrors are easier and cost less but again more than 1K for mirror and it's controller. I weighted the cost utility and thought it best to leave with the mirror and lights as of now!

I hope it's easier to get the Bluetooth module and connector now as its available with latest Superb, I suggest to OP to get in touch with dealer and let him order that through Skoda India, the only problem would be as each parts here in India are order against the VIN and the system don't let you order anything that's not part of the original vehicle(this means you need to have a good rappo with service personals to get these)
-Pramod
Old 23rd November 2013, 20:16   #7
BHPian

Re: Bluetooth for the Skoda Superb

Hi i have recently acquired a 2009 Skoda Superb 1.8 Tsi AT. Really love the car and the stock Music system is pretty good, not the best but does the trick. What i needed to know is, can some help me with the Bluetooth Module. My car doesn't have the (rsap) receiver.
Does any one in Mumbai install it? Where could i possibly get one from? I have tried goggling it with no useful results.
Old 26th November 2013, 10:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancer View Post
... can some help me with the Bluetooth Module. My car doesn't have the (rsap) receiver.
Does any one in Mumbai install it? Where could i possibly get one from? I have tried goggling it with no useful results.
1. Were you looking for an OE add-on to your OE HU? Or an external accessory that works with the OE HU?

2. An external accessory will work with the OE HU only if the HU has an Aux-in connection - to amplify the signal from the BT accessory and play it through the car's speakers. Otherwise, you will have to look for an accessory that has it's own speaker

3. You are not getting results on Google? Surprising! Look for "bluetooth handsfree kit"

4. If you know what you are looking for, you can look for it in the market. The (car accessories) shop you buy it from would gladly install it for you
Old 26th November 2013, 12:42   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancer View Post
Hi i have recently acquired a 2009 Skoda Superb 1.8 Tsi AT. Really love the car and the stock Music system is pretty good, not the best but does the trick. What i needed to know is, can some help me with the Bluetooth Module. My car doesn't have the (rsap) receiver.
You can either get the OE Skoda Bluetooth kit which is around 20k. This can be got from vagtune.in or any other foreign supplier. Installation is a bit tricky, but then there are enough people in Bombay who can help with this.

Or you can get something like the Dension Gateway kit, which is aftermarket but integrates into the system like the OE kit. This is also cheaper, but the only issue is the microphone in this will be external, and not concealed.
Old 28th November 2013, 17:44   #10
BHPian

Thank you DerAlte and akshay1234 for you reply, Yes DerAlte was looking for OE add-on to my stock HU.The car between 2009 and 2010 was sold with the features in the stock touch screen system and a button on the steering wheel, but to activate it, you need to buy the Rsap receiver which fits under the driver seat.I don't mind any receiver as long as it works with the stock system that the car comes with. Will go through the website.
ancer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks