Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2012, 14:21   #16
BHPian

Re: ICE'ing my 2012 VW Passat TDI

Congrats on the new set up..

Btw i got a living example who selects the machine tastefully .My friends who are in Houston always try to find some used camry/corolla etc..I can only push them hard to go for cars which normally a guy like me (in India) can just dream of.

What i have observed is that used car prices don't come down drastically as in India there. I have seen corollas and Mazdas are sold at almost the same price after 3 years of usage (in act these were bough them from a used car outlet). So buying and selling after a year or two wont make a huge dent in your pocket even if u have to sell it off before coming back to india..I may be wrong in making an opinion seeing just 3-4 deals..

I will surely show your garage to them as a tactic to make them buy something awesome!!
born2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 23:38   #17
BHPian

Re: ICE'ing my 2012 VW Passat TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2drive View Post
What i have observed is that used car prices don't come down drastically as in India there. I have seen corollas and Mazdas are sold at almost the same price after 3 years of usage (in act these were bough them from a used car outlet). So buying and selling after a year or two wont make a huge dent in your pocket even if u have to sell it off before coming back to india..I may be wrong in making an opinion seeing just 3-4 deals..
I will surely show your garage to them as a tactic to make them buy something awesome!!

It is generally true compare to India the resale value of cars are better in US. The main reason being, the used car industry is very organized and people change cars often. You do not get as much wear and tear on cars here in US as the roads are nicer and traffic is better compared to India.

Obviously certain brands and models have a much better resale value compared to others. Most Indians (NRIs) think Toyotas and Hondas have the best resale value. Which is not entirely true. For e.g. Jeep Wranglers have one of the best resale value of any make and models even though they are not that practical and give terrible FE. All VW Diesels have a great resale value as well.

I don't think you can make your friends buy anything. It is a want and passion thing. Sometimes it may be more hassle than it is worth to them to buy such cars as it requires some amount of understanding and a little extra stuff to drive and maintain such vehicles as you see in my Garage.

Even the system I have installed in the Passat was not a straight forward task. Lot of trial and error, lot of research and lot of followup with the shop to make it work exactly like the way I wanted. If I had not done my own research and did not know my stuff well it would not have a desired outcome.

Last edited by Gujarati : 27th March 2012 at 23:45.
Gujarati is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks