Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2006, 18:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Has some one hear the alpine 1005 it will remove 510 everything (inculding underpants)
Impressive but at 14.4V
  • 1000W x 1 RMS [2 Ω @14.4V (1%THD)]
  • 600W x 1 RMS [4 Ω @14.4V (1%THD)]
  • 500W x 1 RMS [2 Ω @12V (1%THD)]
  • 300W x 1 RMS [4 Ω @12V (1%THD)]
  • Advanced Class-D Mono Amplifier
and we are shoppping with a 14k budget not 25k budget.
Old 4th April 2006, 18:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Impressive but at 14.4V
  • 1000W x 1 RMS [2 Ω @14.4V (1%THD)] (correct)
  • 600W x 1 RMS [4 Ω @14.4V (1%THD)] (incorrect)
  • 500W x 1 RMS [2 Ω @12V (1%THD)] (incorrect)
  • 300W x 1 RMS [4 Ω @12V (1%THD)] (incorrect)
  • Advanced Class-D Mono Amplifier (correct)
Impressive at 12V also

1000W x 1 RMS (2ohm, 14.4V, 1% THD+N)
700W x 1 RMS (4ohm, 14.4V, 1% THD+N)
700W x 1 RMS (2ohm, 12.0V, 1% THD+N)
500W x 1 RMS (4ohm, 12.0V, 1% THD+N)

it is like this sir jkdas not like u have said above. I think u have not listen to this amp. It is a very powerful amp. I have two of them and they are for 21k each I think if some one has 14k buget he could surely wait for some time to raise the buget.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 4th April 2006 at 19:02.
Old 4th April 2006, 19:40   #18
BHPian

Thanks guys,, i have changed my wires, (Completely) to BOSS wires, with my current setup of Sony 444 amp, and pioneer 305c (800W) woofer,,,now, i am waiting to raise few more grants so that i can have the best amp.,,i am also going to buy a new sub.

Thanks all of you...

i have Tata Indica(DLS) ...

BTW... is there any good company for box...i want to have box for my sub...
Old 5th April 2006, 10:24   #19
Team-BHP Support

BOSS! why? Sam, somebody help me!

LBM how much is the 1005? the budget was 14K. I thought the 1005 was about 22-25K.
Old 5th April 2006, 11:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
BOSS! why? Sam, somebody help me!

LBM how much is the 1005? the budget was 14K. I thought the 1005 was about 22-25K.
I have purchased the 1005 for 21k and i can bet i can get it for 20k also.
Old 5th April 2006, 12:42   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahss_11
Thanks guys,, i have changed my wires, (Completely) to BOSS wires, with my current setup of Sony 444 amp, and pioneer 305c (800W) woofer,,,now, i am waiting to raise few more grants so that i can have the best amp.,,i am also going to buy a new sub.

Thanks all of you...

i have Tata Indica(DLS) ...

BTW... is there any good company for box...i want to have box for my sub...
Well vahss, I am sorry but that was not a good decision. Those BOSS wires are really no good.
Old 5th April 2006, 13:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

I dont know what to say about the audison cable quality. But from what they say they give some thing different. I purchased the kit from Driven. And had not installed till now because of the time limitation as I install my stuff my self. But from the looks the quality looks good but from the write up i cannot say any thing. They have written less and giving us more. Like they are written 8 gauge and giving us 4 gauge wire, written 60 amps fuse and giving 80 amps fuse. I could not understand the concept of writting some thing and giving some thing here are the pics of the same. Please dont mind GUNBIR AUTOPHILE DRIVEN. I am sharing my views to improve not to show ur faults.

the whole kit view

In the details given here in the first half they have written 4 gauge power and ground cable and in the second half they have written 8 gauge wire power and ground cable. One more thing the length of the remote wire was short i.e they have said 5.2 meters but it is 5 meters only.

The fuse said is 60 amps but given is 80 amps

The thimble used in the wire is very good stuff but the thimble given along the kit is of no use cheap stuff

Rest it is up to u what type of feed back u give to ur company . But i dont feel satisfied with the AUDISION. One more thing the I am changing the kit beacuse of the voltage drop problem. "I if I change the wire the problem will go away" I was told like this now I am waiting for the movement that I change the wire and play the system to check the voltage. I will update the same for all the folks online. (NO OFFENCE AUDISION ONLY CORRECTING YOUR SMALL MISTAKES)

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 5th April 2006 at 13:39.
Old 5th April 2006, 14:56   #23
Team-BHP Support

LBM, wow I would thikn you'd be happy with getting more than you bargained for! :-) just kidding...

I am sure the boyz from Delhi have a better explanaion. The wire sleev say 4AWG for both wires and 5.2m is very close to 5m.
Old 5th April 2006, 15:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Good observations, LBM. Audison probably buys the wire kits etc from some other supplier, and that supplier sure has his quality control gone for a toss.
Old 5th April 2006, 15:25   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I think it's just a misprint on the packaging. Happens. And honestly, if you got 4 gauge instead of 8, thats not a bad thing you know?

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 5th April 2006 at 15:27.
Old 5th April 2006, 15:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

Misprinting is one thing and misprinting stuff reaching the customer end is other thing. It means the AUDISION company people does see what they made. Also it is a 4 gauge wiring kit not a 8 gauge.
Old 5th April 2006, 15:58   #27
Team-BHP Support

LBM 4ga > 8ga. so as long the the kit is actually greater than 8ga you are getting more than the package claims. agreed this is not a nice thing becuase you dont really know what you are getting but as long you are getting more than 8ga you are actually getting more than the package states.
Old 5th April 2006, 17:08   #28
BHPian

LBM there is a printing mistake on the kit. The text got mixed up with 8 guage cable in the top three lines of bottom sticker hence there are specifications printed of 8 guage kit. As long as the product is concerned there are no issues with the quantity or the specifications.

It is a 4 Guage kit recommended to use with amplification of upto 600W. The 8 guage kit comes with the AFS fuse of 60A and 4 guage kit comes with the fuse of 80A.

The 4 Guage fork terminals are not used anywhere at the amplifier end because generally the amplifiers have ring terminals to accept 4 guage wires. There are some amplifiers which have screw type terminals but with that kind of power rating you do not need more than 8 guage.

I have used these fork terminals myself and have no issues with its quality.

You can compare the quality of the cable with the other powerkits available. And if you are unsatisfied with the product you are most welcome to return it.

Last edited by Autophile : 5th April 2006 at 17:13.
Old 5th April 2006, 17:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

LBM

thanks for your observations. The misprint happened in a particular consignment and has long since been corrected. You have purchased one of the misprints.

That said, you bought a 4g 600w kit, and thats what you got. BTW the pack you got clearly states a 4g 600w kit in the primary label. In case you feel shortchanged due to the misprint, you can return the package and we will give you one with a correct sticker on it.

Also, Jb has on at least two occasions, told you that you need 2g cable and the 4g kits will not súffice. It is clear your amps are capable of 1k power and a 600w kit is meant for a system within 600w. He also clearly told you the kits are not meant for your application and gave you catalouges and pointed out the appropriate products. There were 10 other things you were advised to correct most of which you probably havent done. So despite our advice you have bought the 600w kits so please dont misquote our advice.

As for the remote cable being 5m instead of 5.2m your are welcome to collect the additional .2m or another 5.2m cable whatever you prefer.

We are confident about our products quality being among the very best and request you to compare the product to other similarly priced branded products. Audison does NOT buy kits from someone else. Each product is specifically made for them and to their exacting specs.

BTW LBM If you have an agenda please be upfront about it.

Last edited by gunbir : 5th April 2006 at 17:40.
Old 5th April 2006, 18:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the comments I highly appriciate your quick respone on the matter as i said i us just correcting small mistakes not that i am complain about the product quality as i said earlier I have got extra than i asked, not that I have got less I just wannted to share the finer details about the product which many times gets missed by a manufacturer. I am also a manufacturer and i know what a customer is. Friends dont take it personally.

About the wiring as told by JB to get 2 gauge(35mm) wiring for the system but i am using two 4 gauge wiring that is (25+25 mm = 50 mm). Which i think more than u recommended. And the other comments which I remember like changing of RCA , Removing of BW , and other things which i can remember right will be done step by step. ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY. Also I am waiting for Manik`s call for RCA delivery date. He said he will call me in weeks time for the app delivery date. But if u have the BEST 2 channel RCA 3 pcs qty with u I will collect them today it self. Rest I am wating for ur comments to how to improve my system from u as I want the voltage to be stable. Thanks again for a quick response .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks