Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2012, 13:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Eargasm from pure SQ - The TJet's ICE Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
AFAIK, you would hear the turbo whistle only when it spools up i.e. at 1700 RPM and beyond.
This I have heard but it is feeble. You can't hear it with the air conditioning going at full blast. There are times I turn of the air conditioner just to hear it.

Quote:
They will check whether the alternator is properly charging the battery and supplying adequate power to the electricals.
Okay. Now I know what to tell them when I go there.

Quote:
If it accepts high-level inputs, you can directly connect it to the HU and you wont need a Hi-Lo converter
It is a Blaupunkt VA475 and it does accept high level inputs. I just need to find the amplifier end connectors that are proprietary connectors. Supposed to have come in the box but I have surely misplaced them. Attached an image of the amplifier. Image from google.

Eargasm from pure SQ - The TJet's ICE Story-blaupunktva475.jpg

Quote:
If you don't re-route the HU wiring, it will stay on thereby keeping the amp also on always.
Which will be the case if I try to integrate the amplifier with my stock head unit. The amplifier will always be ON. Is there any harm as the Blue & Me announcements won't be heard otherwise?

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 18th April 2012 at 14:01.
Old 18th April 2012, 14:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

^ The only harm is that your battery will be drained in no time. I suggest you go to Anwar/Thoufeeq/Satya (check TBHP BLR directory for their locations) and discuss with them. I'm sure you can connect an amp with Line Output Converters and also have the remote turn on feature.
Old 18th April 2012, 14:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only harm is that your battery will be drained in no time.
Is it not all systems off when you turn off the key? Oh wait, think I understood. With no remote trigger and the amplifier directly wired to the battery, which is how it is done, it will drain even if the key is removed. Like you mentioned, if the power line for the amplifier is linked to some auxillary fuse from the car's internal fuse box, then it would be all systems off when the key is removed. There is a spare open terminal in the fuse box that is the same size as another terminal that has a red wire lead travelling out, I think it is for the air conditioning blower motor unit.Eargasm from pure SQ - The TJet's ICE Story-lineafusebox.jpg

Quote:
I suggest you go to Anwar/Thoufeeq/Satya (check TBHP BLR directory for their locations) and discuss with them. I'm sure you can connect an amp with Line Output Converters and also have the remote turn on feature.
Will do that. I am sure they have more experience with cars that are a pain to work on. I could do the install and uninstall of the stereo in my Ford Ikon cause I knew the wiring pattern. I am totally clueless on how it is on the Linea.
Old 20th April 2012, 08:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

So I got time to visit my installer for the 2 pending jobs:

1. Correcting the alternator whine : The funny thing is that noise comes on as soon as the HU is switched on. So even if the engine is not running but HU is on, there is whine. That made me think this is possibly not alternator whine.

We tried every possible trick i.e. tried running new RCA cables, Re-connected the ground wire by scraping off paint under the terminal, checked the HU (for any possible fuse/circuitry issues) and also re-checked the running of the power and RCA cables (they are running on either side of the car, as expected). Nothing seems to correct the whine.

In the end it seems that channels 3 & 4 of my Blaupunkt amp are gone. When we disconnect these and play the system, the whine almost goes away. But as soon as we connect them, whine gets back. In fact, we tried changing the speaker and RCA connections so that the whine gets 'shifted' to the rear coaxials for the time being till I can get my amp repaired.

But the moment rear channels are connected, whine gets into all 4 speakers. Frankly, I was baffled as I've never seen this happening before. But then, if everything points to the amp, I guess I have to get that checked up now.

2. The Connects2 kit did not work. I have got confirmation from fellow members that the black box (code : STK 277) they supply with CTSFA004 is the wrong one and infact that is designed for Skoda.

So the correct box code for Fiat is STK 272. If any of you are ordering from Dynamic Sounds, make sure you mention this. Else, get the Connects2 from the India dealer (Kumar's Auto, BLR) for 5k.

BTW, are there any other steering interface models known? I bumped across Autoleads and someone mentioned 'THK' or 'THB' or something. Any info?
Old 20th April 2012, 10:49   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

In the end it seems that channels 3 & 4 of my Blaupunkt amp are gone. When we disconnect these and play the system, the whine almost goes away. But as soon as we connect them, whine gets back. In fact, we tried changing the speaker and RCA connections so that the whine gets 'shifted' to the rear coaxials for the time being till I can get my amp repaired.

But the moment rear channels are connected, whine gets into all 4 speakers. Frankly, I was baffled as I've never seen this happening before. But then, if everything points to the amp, I guess I have to get that checked up now.
Are you saying that which ever channel of the amp is connected to the rear speakers is the one that causes the whine?

Connect Ch 1-2 to front speakers, Ch 3-4 to rear speakers. Plug in one RCA at a time. When does the whine start?

Connect Ch 1-2 to rear speakers, Ch 3-4 to front speakers. Plug in one RCA at a time. When does the whine start?
Old 20th April 2012, 11:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Are you saying that which ever channel of the amp is connected to the rear speakers is the one that causes the whine?

Connect Ch 1-2 to front speakers, Ch 3-4 to rear speakers. Plug in one RCA at a time. When does the whine start?

Connect Ch 1-2 to rear speakers, Ch 3-4 to front speakers. Plug in one RCA at a time. When does the whine start?
We did that too (swapping the front-to-rear). If the rear channels are disconnected, whine goes away. But as soon as they are connected, whine gets
back in the entire chain. In the end, it was a trade off between driving with rear speakers disconnected, or, having all speakers on along with whine. That is till I get the amp repaired. I chose to go with the latter option.
Old 20th April 2012, 12:37   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We did that too (swapping the front-to-rear). If the rear channels are disconnected, whine goes away. But as soon as they are connected, whine gets
back in the entire chain. In the end, it was a trade off between driving with rear speakers disconnected, or, having all speakers on along with whine. That is till I get the amp repaired. I chose to go with the latter option.
Sir maybe I was not clear.

By rear channels do you mean channels 3-4 or the rear speakers.
Old 20th April 2012, 12:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Sir maybe I was not clear.

By rear channels do you mean channels 3-4 or the rear speakers.
A problem of semantics from my end too!

I meant Channel 3-4.
Old 20th April 2012, 13:21   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I meant Channel 3-4.
have you tried a different 4 ch. amp?
Old 21st April 2012, 02:08   #25
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd April 2012 at 10:54.
sonirohit is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd August 2012, 15:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Update

I sent back the STK 277 adapter to Dynamic Sounds and they had agreed to a replacement. I had asked for STK 272 adapter, as I was told by Amit that its the one that works. However Dynamic Sounds has come back over email and they say there is no STK 272 coded adapter (?!?!) This is quite strange to hear from them.

I tried to contact Kumars Auto (the dealers for Connects2 in India) but they are least cooperative I've seen. Can users of Connects2 CTSFA0004 in Fiat let me know the part number of their adapter/black box?
Old 15th January 2013, 10:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone on this forum use Connects2? Can someone help me with the model number printed on the black box? Mine was STK 277 which is not picking up signal at all.

I was told by Amit that STK 272 is the working one in his car (though he couldn't check for sure) but Dynamic Sounds says there is no such model with them! Strange!

If anyone who has purchased Connects from the Indian dealer ie Kumars or Poona Motors, can you please post a pic?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks