Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2012, 10:15   #1
BHPian

Manza - Bluetooth restarting the Stereo

I have recently purchased a TATA Manza Aura ABS. The car came with a Blaupunkt Unit with integrated Bluetooth and steering mounted audio controls.

Last couple of days a peculiar problem has started coming in. As soon as my phone which is an HTC Desire S connects to the stereo, it powers off the whole stereo and restarts it. This goes into a endless loop till I don't switch off my phone bluetooth. I have tried the following but its not helping
  • Delete pairing from phone & stereo
  • Restart the phone & restart the stereo
  • Reset the stereo

Blaupunkt Dealer in Delhi told me its a virus issue in your phone which is unlikely as I have a Android with Avast Antivirus installed and its working fine.

Anybody else facing a similar problem? Gurus any views?

Last edited by dhondusaxena : 18th April 2012 at 10:17. Reason: spelling mistake and one more line added
Old 18th April 2012, 10:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Manza - Bluetooth restarting the Stereo

Hi I had faced this issue a couple of times in my Vista refresh, usually deleting pairing and re-pairing sorts it out. Yesterday it happened again after 3 months, tried all nothing worked, parked car overnight, checked in the morning, it was working good as new! Maybe you can check with your local dealer.
Old 18th April 2012, 11:02   #3
BHPian

I too faced a problem few days back. The phone would pair but calls would not be transferred to the stereo. I tried unpairing and pairing, restarting stere my phone has some issue. What you are telling seems to be a peculiar problem. At first instance, it seems to be a virus problem. But as you say its not, then get it checked thoroughly. Go for replacament if needed. Your car seem to be under warranty. The dealership where I bought my Manza, they had very little knowledge about the stereo function. They were not able to demonstrate making calls from stereo dialpad. I had to learn it myself by trial and error, as manual doesn't explain things well. Do let us know your findings.
Old 18th April 2012, 12:12   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

did you try with another phone, just to isolate the culprit?
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 12:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

If this happens again just try one thing. Turn off the stereo and turn the key to postion zero and remove it from the ignition switch. Turn on bluetooth on your phone, put key back in the ignition switch and turn the key to position one (which will enable you switch the audio system). Then switch on your car's stereo and see if it works fine.

I have seen these problems happening when the phone and stereo are using different versions of the bluetooth protocol.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 13:13   #6
BHPian

Hi. I too have a manza and HTC Desire. I have been using the bluetooth functionality extensively for the past year and a half without any issues.

Just to be sure as to where the issue is, would recommend that you try pairing some other phone(preferably a different make and model). If that works properly then the issue is with the phone. If not, you can get the HU checked for any faults.
Old 18th April 2012, 17:33   #7
BHPian

So I spoke to the engineer with the dealer, Oberoi Cars, Noida. He said that you may need to disconnect the car battery terminals for about a minute and then check. Next I tried to isolate the trouble by pairing it with my brother's HTC Sensation and voila it worked without an issue.

So indeed there is an issue with my mobile . I will be factory resetting my phone and shall update all with the results. 2 hrs of resetting and restoring the thing to normal. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 18th April 2012, 18:27   #8
BHPian

Faced same issue with my Desire S and Vista stereo a few days. Unpaired and deleted the car stereo from the phone, deleted the Desire S from car stereo and restarted both and paired afresh to resolve the problem.

Did not download address book to car stereo after fresh pairing and set BT Streaming to off. Not sure what the actual problem was and not sure what the solution is, but it got resolved.
skumare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 00:58   #9
BHPian

So with a heavy heart I finally clicked on the "Factory Reset" on my HTC Desire S. Once restored, I restarted the phone once and tried to test it without making any changes to the stock condition. And it actually worked.

So it turns out that my phone had some problem. What problem I don't know but it got resolved after a factory reset. Now probably I need to research on what was that bug in my phone which was restarting the Stereo after connecting to Bluetooth.

Last edited by dhondusaxena : 19th April 2012 at 01:00.
Old 19th April 2012, 01:04   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Faced same issue with my Desire S and Vista stereo a few days. Unpaired and deleted the car stereo from the phone, deleted the Desire S from car stereo and restarted both and paired afresh to resolve the problem.
I have done that numerous times but it worked only once for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Did not download address book to car stereo after fresh pairing and set BT Streaming to off. Not sure what the actual problem was and not sure what the solution is, but it got resolved.
Cannot switch off the streaming as I play my songs from my phone and I love the seek button which shifts tracks as well. My earlier car had a Dapic HU with bluetooth which could just play music but when using seek buttons etc the phone used to start acting funny. So i love this feature and wud not want to sacrifice it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Hi. I too have a manza and HTC Desire. I have been using the bluetooth functionality extensively for the past year and a half without any issues.

Just to be sure as to where the issue is, would recommend that you try pairing some other phone(preferably a different make and model). If that works properly then the issue is with the phone. If not, you can get the HU checked for any faults.
So we have another TATA Manza fan with a HTC Desire . TATA Cars run in our family. 2 Manzas & 1 Vista Sedan class and both me a my younger brother use HTC Desire S.

Last edited by Eddy : 17th June 2013 at 22:43. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 19th April 2012, 10:28   #11
BHPian

Yes, this is a issue with Nokia e6 but not with Blackberry 8520. Usually if the phone has some notification (unread SMS, missed call) then i face this issue and there is no easy way out. i have complained the same to TAS and Blaupunkt and no solution.. i have kept a extra bluetooth with me and use the same when ever the issue comes... the issue keeps on coming 1-2 days in a month or two...
Old 8th May 2012, 10:15   #12
BHPian

So the issue has come in again. All procedures done and now the last resort. Factory Reset the phone
Sending the msg to keep the thread alive and incase somebody finds a quick fix he can share it here.
Old 8th May 2012, 10:57   #13
BHPian

I was giving the same advice to others. And one fine day, my stereo was restarting on its own in a loop. I have Nokia 5800. There's no solution as such. Resetting will keep the problem at bay for some time. Seems to be some issue between the BT versions, as pointed earlier in the thread. IMO, don't let Service guys to touch the system for this problem. Chances are, you will get it back with some other problem. Keep reseting, till one of us finds a solution.
Old 8th May 2012, 11:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
So the issue has come in again. All procedures done and now the last resort. Factory Reset the phone
Sending the msg to keep the thread alive and incase somebody finds a quick fix he can share it here.
Another thing I have noticed twice was that when my phone battery (Nokia E63) was very low with battery warning coming on, the Head unit started resetting. So I simply switched of my Phone Bluetooth and did not face the issue for that day.

But have faced the issue on times when my battery was charged, so still confused what could be the reason.
Old 17th May 2012, 09:45   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Another thing I have noticed twice was that when my phone battery (Nokia E63) was very low with battery warning coming on, the Head unit started resetting. So I simply switched of my Phone Bluetooth and did not face the issue for that day.

But have faced the issue on times when my battery was charged, so still confused what could be the reason.
This has not happened with me as I generally plug my phone into the charger when driving and the battery is below 50%. Shall try testing this!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks