Team-BHP - Need help on audio setup for my Aveo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Need help on audio setup for my Aveo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/11977-need-help-audio-setup-my-aveo.html)

Hi All !!

I am waiting for my Aveo's delivery however need your expert suggestion on the Audio setup (HU + 2 rear speakers only). The dealer is providing me an option of Kenwood 3029 single DIN MP3 player or Blaupunkt Bermuda both at 8K each.

My budget is around 10k (can strectch a bit if something really good is available for couple of thousands more) for 2 rear spkrs + HU. I want MP3 player and a good enough bass effect and purchase it with genuine billing as i need to get it insured as well. Please let me know the HU make and compatible set of rear spkrs as per your knowledge / experience.

BTW .. also advice on some necessary features to look for as i am a novice on car audios and also what would be the best possible setup and wats your opinion on the above 2 mentioned models.

Also i read somewhere that SBI is offering car finance at 7% reducing ... pls let me know if this is prevailent in Delhi as the offer i have is 10% reducing from a nationalised bank.

Would appreciate your answers ASAP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by namit
Also i read somewhere that SBI is offering car finance at 7% reducing ... pls let me know if this is prevailent in Delhi as the offer i have is 10% reducing from a nationalised bank.

You can call Manik at 9811775777, he owns a tire shop, an I C E shop and a car finance business. He will be able to guide you re the audio and the finance issues.

Quote:

I am waiting for my Aveo's delivery however need your expert suggestion on the Audio setup (HU + 2 rear speakers only). The dealer is providing me an option of Kenwood 3029 single DIN MP3 player or Blaupunkt Bermuda both at 8K each.

My budget is around 10k (can strectch a bit if something really good is available for couple of thousands more) for 2 rear spkrs + HU.

Q: you getting a HU from the dealer why you want to buy a second one?

Q: Why only rear speakers?

The Bermuda is good. Never heard the 3029 or any recent Kenwood so maybe others can help there.

If I were you I'd get the Bermuda and JBL CS series speakers (about 5K for 4) in teh front AND rear.

JUST CLARIFYING things here --------------

Actually Aveo comes fitted with 2 front speakers so onlu need HU and rear speakers .... i do not want woofers and amps.

Moreover GM is providing Kenwood 3029 along with the car but at an added price of 8K which can be removed and 8K reduced from the car price. GM dealer is also giving me an alternative to buy Blaupunkt Bermuda at 8K so just need experts suggestion on these 2 HUs with compatible set of rear speakers or any other better combination of HU with rear spkrs.

Thanks !!

Hi all,

Good I found this thread as I dont want to repeat it. I too would be taking delivery of Aveo 1.6 and I would like to modify the ICE. As of now, I would be getting Kenwood HU with 6 speakers. However, I believe the existing setup doesnt provide optimum imaging (with the tweeters being up on the A-pillar).
Correct me if I am wrong but is it better to place the tweeters near the mids (i dont remember the correct term where they place the speakers on the door panel)?
Also, I would like to replace the speakers or atleast an active subwoofer along with the setup. What would tbhp members recommend? I am looking JBL (not decided on which one) but how good/bad is Sony's Xplod?
And should I go in for a different HU (the current one is dealer fitted Kenwood unit...will find out the details) as I dont waste a wonderful set of speakers by using not-so-great HU.
My budget can be stretched to 30k. I dont listen to MP3s so an HU w/o MP3 capability will do fine.

Look forward to your comments...

Mods...if I encroached on original post (though it is similar) then let me know. I will move my discussion to a new post.

Cheers

Ok we are tlaking about 2 systems here.

namit, I would take the Bermuda ove rthe 3029 only becuase I like to stick with the tried and tested. The OE speakers in the front are really not that great. It might make sense to shoft them to the rear and get better speakers in the front (provided they fit in the rear).

Hells, I assume by 6 speakers you mean 2 tweeters, 2 front speakers in the door and 2 rear speakers. Are these speakers branded or OE? Also what acitve subwoofer are you getting (from HM)?

Most OE speaker are not great esp ginve the prices chanrged. Let us know exactly what you are getting and how much more you are wiling to spend.
HU:
Front speakers:
Rear Speakers:
Subwoofer:
Amp:
etc....

Hi Navin,

Yes, I am talking about 2 tweeters, 2 front and 2 rear speakers. I really am not very well conversant with ICE part (as compared to normal component system) but do I assume correctly that 2 front and 2 rear speakers provide for mids and bass frequencies?

As of now, the 6 speakers are OE and so I have a feeling that the they may not be upto mark (well, relatively).

Infact, would be great if you could clarify one thing w.r.t ICE...are the front and rear speakers 2-way/3-way just like normal component speakers or do we talk in different terms here? I guess based on this basic info can I do my own bit of spadework regd which speakers are good.

But would like to hear your preferred list for the complete ICE set up.
I guess I would be seeing at a setup which would have the following components:
1. 5-channel Amp (or should it be 7 channel?)
2. 3-way crossover (have not dealt with crossovers much so am not sure of the correct specs)
3. Speaker set up (Guess number of speakers would define the type of Amp)
4. Subwoofer (need not be active if I buy a good amp)

My budget will depend upon how fast I can save money from my sal :) But can afford to wait for a month or two and spend 30-40K if reqd. (though I have a sinking feeling that my expectations and pocket will not match :( )

Let me know of your views.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin
Ok we are tlaking about 2 systems here.

namit, I would take the Bermuda ove rthe 3029 only becuase I like to stick with the tried and tested. The OE speakers in the front are really not that great. It might make sense to shoft them to the rear and get better speakers in the front (provided they fit in the rear).

Hells, I assume by 6 speakers you mean 2 tweeters, 2 front speakers in the door and 2 rear speakers. Are these speakers branded or OE? Also what acitve subwoofer are you getting (from HM)?

Most OE speaker are not great esp ginve the prices chanrged. Let us know exactly what you are getting and how much more you are wiling to spend.
HU:
Front speakers:
Rear Speakers:
Subwoofer:
Amp:
etc....

Thanks Navin !!

But do u think 8k is the right price for Bermuda model and moreover which rear speakers set should i go for along with this ?

How about JBLs but which one pls let me know ...

Thanks again !!

HB,
good 4+1 channel amps are hardly made today. I distinguish between 4+1 and 5 channel amps where 4+1 channel amps are more like 100Wx1 and 30X4 vs 50x5 found on many mordern 5 ch. amps.

A 4+1 ch. amp would be perfect but in lieu of this you could have a 4ch and a mono/stereo-bridged amp combination instead.

If you want to start from scratch and the delaer is offering a system I would negotiate as big a discount as possible in lieu of the OE system

HU: 8K like the Bermuda mentioned by namit
front speakers: 5.5-6K for components (JBL or Blaupunkt ODx series)
rear speakers: 3.5-4K for coax
sub: 9K for a 12" in a box
amp: 7-10K (Pio 944 or JBL 60.4 or Pio 6100)
wires and install: 4K
-----
8+6+4+9+10 +4= 41K
see we did not go much over budget.

Quote:

But do u think 8k is the right price for Bermuda model and moreover which rear speakers set should i go for along with this ?
How about JBLs but which one pls let me know ...

I am not very conversant with prices so just go to a car audio installer and ask them wha the prices are.

Like i said seeif you can switch the front speakers to the rear. the JBLs are good and will sound much better if they are in the front.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin
HB,
good 4+1 channel amps are hardly made today. I distinguish between 4+1 and 5 channel amps where 4+1 channel amps are more like 100Wx1 and 30X4 vs 50x5 found on many mordern 5 ch. amps.

Navin you do get good quality 5 channel amps. But yes they come at a price.

Knw what? Aveo has a space for tweeter on teh A pillar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
Knw what? Aveo has a space for tweeter on teh A pillar.

That is true. But the question is "Is the A pillar location the best for tweeters or would they be better of in kick box section (this is the correct term, right?) of door with the front OE speakers"?

[quote=navin]Ok we are tlaking about 2 systems here.

Thanks again Navin !!

Bermuda does seem a good buy and i think i am convinced.

But i would not want to make much modification in the original setup in the car so i dont want to move the front OEM speakers otherwise which rear speakers do you recommend along with this HU ?

Moreover do i need an amplifier for listening loud music in my perceived setup ... i mean will the stereo crash if volume is increased.

I hope you understand that i have i want good enough loudness and bass effect in a reasonable budget.

Waiting for your response

Low budget and want bass? Get a 6x9 for rear

have a 4 k for amp? Then get Sony 504 amp; cheapest amp around. Dont forget to get decent cables though.

And no,HU wouldn't go kaput. Anway you haev warranty;)

And tweeters on A pillar? Should be better as gurus object tweeters near woofers/mid-range speakers.