Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2012, 09:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Columbus Radio for Laura (RNS 510)

I've booked the Skoda Laura L&K and awaiting delivery. I'm planning to purchase the Radio Columbus via ebay but would like to know if there are any compatibility issues.

Has anyone installed Radio Columbus? Would it suffice purchasing the HU alone or whether there are other components to watch out for?
Old 12th July 2012, 09:07   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: Skoda Columbus Radio for Laura (RNS 510)

Check Briskoda for greater clarity and info.

Some of these things - Amundsen SatNav and Columbus Radio etc come as optional extras in the UK market, but not here.

Do check.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
I've booked the Skoda Laura L&K and awaiting delivery. I'm planning to purchase the Radio Columbus via ebay but would like to know if there are any compatibility issues.

Has anyone installed Radio Columbus? Would it suffice purchasing the HU alone or whether there are other components to watch out for?
Old 12th July 2012, 11:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

I've just come across a Kenwood HU which is made for VW and Skoda. This seems like a better choice. Kenwood Electronics UK Ltd. | VW/SEAT/

What are your suggestions?
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 12:37   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I've just come across a Kenwood HU which is made for VW and Skoda. This seems like a better choice. Kenwood Electronics UK Ltd. | VW/SEAT/

What are your suggestions?
I don't think that will fit, the shape of the HU has changed slightly now.

Also the Columbus is compatible, but you will have to source the maps, and do some coding when installing. Read briskoda for more info.
Old 12th July 2012, 12:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I don't think that will fit, the shape of the HU has changed slightly now.

Also the Columbus is compatible, but you will have to source the maps, and do some coding when installing. Read briskoda for more info.
Can we not use MMI? I thought its more or less a plug & play and everything would work!
Old 12th July 2012, 13:00   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can we not use MMI? I thought its more or less a plug & play and everything would work!
I'm not sure about what maps will work, you will have to do some research on that. Like I said read briskoda, I remember reading there some coding was required when installing.
Old 12th July 2012, 13:45   #7
BHPian

Columbus will work without GPS Maps, it's compatible with laura or other Skoda(As this is RNS 510 device from VW) this is specifically branded for Skoda with green lights.There are no GPS maps available for India. You can get this device and GPS receiver and you will have to code the device either through VCDS or VAGCOM. The benefit of this device is DVD player and Video player, apart from this you don't get anything else. If you are looking for something similar have a look at ANS510 and ANS810 from Audiosources Electronic Technology (Shenzhen) Limited this is compatible with RNS510 and have the same feature set in China made device. This ANS510/810 is 100% CAN compatible and works as RNS510.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 15:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
If you are looking for something similar have a look at ANS510 and ANS810 from Audiosources Electronic Technology (Shenzhen) Limited this is compatible with RNS510 and have the same feature set in China made device. This ANS510/810 is 100% CAN compatible and works as RNS510.

-Pramod
Chinese... That's what concerns me.
Old 12th July 2012, 16:55   #9
BHPian

Re: Skoda Columbus Radio for Laura (RNS 510)

Quote:
Chinese... That's what concerns me.
Don't have any first hand experience but have read good experience with these devices in Australian VW forum, these devices are made as carbon copy of VW devices, RNS 510--> ANS 510, RNS 810 --> ANS 810. I am not sure about the landed cost here in India, but would like to try the cheaper one with navigation!

-Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks