Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2012, 14:19   #1
BHPian

Witson for Fiesta

My friend has a Fiesta Classic & wants to upgrade the stock ICE to a 2DIN system.

Based on my experience with Witson ICE in my Vento, I suggested him to go for Witson. And he liked the models available in Witson's products for Ford too. Check this link. However, the issue is that Witson doesnt confirm (rather they dont know) the compatibility of these devices with Fiesta India versions. I even had a skype chat with their representative, who doesnt know about "Fiesta"!

So, am asking the experts in this forum, which is the best 2DIN ICE for Fiesta ? Have you, or any of your friends/BHPians have tried Witson for Fiesta?

Thanks.
Old 30th July 2012, 14:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Witson for Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
My friend has a Fiesta Classic & wants to upgrade the stock ICE to a 2DIN system.
Thanks.
Check this one from MMI.
Buy Ford Fiesta (mmi Rfie11) from MapmyIndia Store
Old 30th July 2012, 15:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I even had a skype chat with their representative, who doesnt know about "Fiesta"!
The Ice in Fiesta Classic is a 2 Din system, why would your friend want to change it. IMO the stock ICE is the best amongst the segment.

The Fiesta in India is sold as Focus outside India hence the ignorance.
Old 30th July 2012, 17:08   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Thanks. But this is for the new Fiesta. I want an ICE for Fiesta Classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The Ice in Fiesta Classic is a 2 Din system, why would your friend want to change it. IMO the stock ICE is the best amongst the segment.

The Fiesta in India is sold as Focus outside India hence the ignorance.
Basically, the Fiesta my friend has is of 2007, which came with a Blaupunkt ICE, which is an old one with only a CD & FM player; with no MP3, DVD, USB etc.,. His requirement is to have an ICE with an LCD display, Bluetooth control for phone, GPS navigation on screen & Reverse cam & sensor integration.

Witson has few models for Focus, but am not sure if the form factor of these models match with Fiesta, as the dashboard design might be different.
Old 30th July 2012, 18:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
His requirement is to have an ICE with an LCD display, Bluetooth control for phone, GPS navigation on screen & Reverse cam & sensor integration.

Witson has few models for Focus, but am not sure if the form factor of these models match with Fiesta, as the dashboard design might be different.
Dropping an enquiry mail will help clear the confusion, you can send a pic of the existing dash and your requirement.

Just wondering, wouldnt a Pioneer AVH series be suitable instead of any ordinary Chinese HU, meets all your requirments. Link attached for ref.
Car Entertainment Systems

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks