Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 15:37   #1
BHPian

Problem with Infinity Bass Link T

I have a 3 & 1/2 year old infinity bass link T active subwoofer.It was working fine for all these years but about a month backlit started giving trouble.
The basslink works fine for sometime and suddenly it goes off with a small distortion and it will come back only after I increase the volume.
I had given it for repairing to the manufacturer,he charged 500rs for a loose solder,but still the problem persists.I showed it to local installer,he checked all the wire of the HU and sub and says there is some problem with the basslink which he is not able to diagnose.
Should I buy a new sub and a amp & scrap the infinity?The infinity basslink provides the finest punch for me.Please help guys.
Old 31st August 2012, 11:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Problem with Infinity Bass Link T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
... suddenly it goes off with a small distortion and it will come back only after I increase the volume. ...
Methinks this is a correctable problem (whoever looked at it didn't analyze systematically):

1. Most likely culprit is overheating of the amp, resulting in the power getting cut-off automatically by the protection mechanism. Just get the unit and heat sink cleaned with compressed air. [The unit would be resetting on overheating, so raising volume would be the same as waiting a short while]
2. Another possibility is a Gain Control pot is in a going-going-gone state
3. 3rd possibility is a that a dry solder or hairline cracked track. That needs a magnifying glass while flexing the PCB - the company A.S.S. should be able to look for that
DerAlte is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 11:16   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have a 3 & 1/2 year old infinity bass link T active subwoofer....The basslink works fine for sometime and suddenly it goes off with a small distortion and it will come back only after I increase the volume..
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Methinks this is a correctable problem (whoever looked at it didn't analyze systematically):

3. 3rd possibility is a that a dry solder or hairline cracked track. That needs a magnifying glass while flexing the PCB - the company A.S.S. should be able to look for that
I suspect a cracked track first. Have you shown the product to JBL's Service Department?

The basslink T is a good product. It can be fixed. JBL would be the best people to help fix this (JBL and Infinity are sister brands of Harman Intl).
navin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 14:20   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I suspect a cracked track first. Have you shown the product to JBL's Service Department?

The basslink T is a good product. It can be fixed. JBL would be the best people to help fix this (JBL and Infinity are sister brands of Harman Intl).
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
ss while flexing the PCB - the company A.S.S. should be able to look for that
Thanks Navin & DerAlte for the help.I had sent the unit to JBL service center but they could not figure out the problem.

The problem was in the woofers coil,got it done from a local guy called Singh's corner which tbhpian Invinsible had got me introduced to.

Total expense less than 2k.
Again a huge thanks to mother of all sites"team-bhp".
kedarwalke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 16:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... The problem was in the woofers coil ...
Thanks to you, @kedarwalke, we are wiser - that should be another obvious possibility for anyone else who gets intermittent output. TBHP is what it is because of members like you - it is the sum total of everyone's experiences.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks