Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2006, 18:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

LBM, there are a lot of spl brands or lines out there. Alpine Type X is one good example. Others I can think of are MTX, Kicker, Audiobahn, JBL GTI series, Pioneer SPL series etc, RF's Power series (bloody expensive in India!) etc.

If you want your mid-tops to be catching up with your subs in spl, get a pair of ID or Illusion Audio horn-loaded compression drivers. I can't think of any other good quality car compression drivers. The only trouble is matching up the horns with the midwoofers since the horns are way too sensitive. Even if you use 2 midwoofers per side, you'll have to keep the power to your horns low. And you will need a good active crossover too.
Old 27th April 2006, 01:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
If you want your mid-tops to be catching up with your subs in spl, get a pair of ID or Illusion Audio horn-loaded compression drivers. I can't think of any other good quality car compression drivers. The only trouble is matching up the horns with the midwoofers since the horns are way too sensitive. Even if you use 2 midwoofers per side, you'll have to keep the power to your horns low. And you will need a good active crossover too.
B&T, you have to hear the new iD CD2Comp Neo HLCDs, the iD reference horn. We just installed a pair with the large body horns and daaaammmnnnnn!!! we have em in a 4way active system with a 3way front stage that includes 94dB sensitive Hertz 6.5 midbasses and ribbon supertweeters.

Now the front stage is soooo damn big, we need a sub section upgrade... good stuff...

Last edited by gunbir : 27th April 2006 at 01:11.
Old 27th April 2006, 01:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
But I can little bit consider ID because of the repo.
Hahahahhahahahahhh..... LBM you're so funny.

Quote:
But definitely not hertz because i have not heard of it any where before I have seen it in auto expo.
Sure... so if someone offers you a free car, with you having a choice between a maruti m800 or a pagani zonda, go ahead and say a big NO to the zonda... cuz at least you've heard of the m800.... hahahhahaha
Old 27th April 2006, 13:31   #19
Team-BHP Support

gunbir, LBM is free to choose, buy and install any components he so feels. If someone prefers one of the larger, "better known", brands so be it.

There are so many brands out there I dont blame some for feeling confused.

LBM, USE YOUR EARS. Our ears are the best instruments we have.
Old 27th April 2006, 13:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks navin for correcting Mr Gunbir. I am free to go for any brand which I like but right now I am having Pioneer 6 1/2 componets.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn..._35027,00.html

what do think of them I have 2 pairs installed in my car and drving them from pioneer 944. do u think i need to change them . I mean for SQ not SPL because I am not so mad that I play my system on full volume every time.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 27th April 2006 at 13:41.
Old 27th April 2006, 13:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks navin for correcting Mr Gunbir. I am free to go for any brand which I like but right now I am having Pioneer 6 1/2 componets.

what do think of them I have 2 pairs installed in my car and drving them from pioneer 944. do u think i need to change them . I mean for SQ not SPL because I am not so mad that I play my system on full volume every time.
LBM, the speakers in concern are very ordinary, without even considering the steep price tag. You could get a lot of better gear for $300-$350. And the Pioneer 944 is not a great amp to drive speakers if you're looking for SQ.
Old 27th April 2006, 13:58   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

We've said it before, I'll say it again. Brand wars are stupid. One man's Sony is another man's Eclipse. It doesn't matter what you buy, all are good and it's your money and your choice.
LBM, you can buy anything you like, it's your money. We're just trying to help you.
Old 27th April 2006, 14:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

True, though I wasnt trying to point anyone towards any brands, just trying to make a point which was... One shouldnt consider / not consider reputed brands just cuz you havent heard OF the brand... Listen to the product. Marketing does not make great sound and the lack of marketing doesnt guarantee it either.

There are hundreds of brands in audio that you may not have heard of... Some bad, some average, some great and a few fantastic... your fantastic may be my average and my great may be your bad. Keep an open mind...
Old 27th April 2006, 15:14   #24
BHPian

Quote:

LBM,if u r SQ man then why not go for polk,boston,infinty,focal and few others.I have not heard any except infinty but i beleive all r quite reputed.And i dont think pio,sony r reputed to be good at SQ.
Old 27th April 2006, 19:06   #25
Team-BHP Support

LBM, persoanly i have not heard any Pioneers speakers that I liked. I am quite sure there are but I have not heard them.

The 944 is better utillised if bridged and used to drive two subs.
Old 27th April 2006, 19:42   #26
Team-BHP Support

LBM, you are entitled to buy and listen to what you consider best for you. However I must add that it was you in post 12 that asked Gunbir for an opinion on speakers.

Most people, when asked for an opinion, will offer one on products they know best. It is safe to assume that Gunbir knows Hertz and ID better than any other car loudspeakers. You cannot fault him for this.

BTW we are all seriously off topic. which was related to the Alpine 701.

Last edited by navin : 27th April 2006 at 20:41.
Old 27th April 2006, 19:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Most people, when asked for an opinion, will offer one on products they know best. It is safe to assume that Gunbir knows Hertz and ID better than any other car loudspeakers. You cannot fault him for this.
To me this is all a bit strange cuz... I never recommended him any products we sell. I recommended Alpine Xtypes. We are not biased towards or against any products. A good product is a good product and a bad one is bad. We have always called it like it is and given honest advice. Many forum regulars whom we have interacted with can tell you this.

We have ample HANDS-ON experience with everything from Pioneer, Sony, Blau, Kenwood blah blah to Alpine, JBL, Infinity, MTX, Kicker, JL Audio, Dynaudio, DLS, McIntosh, Helix, Audiobahn, Polk, CDT and so much more... having installed most and auditioned the rest. We give valid advice based on our evaluation of the listening tastes and preferances of the person we are advising...

So, again... I DID NOT promote any products that I sell. He asked for our advice and I recommended Alpine...
Old 27th April 2006, 20:40   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
To me this is all a bit strange cuz...
So, again... I DID NOT promote any products that I sell. He asked for our advice and I recommended Alpine...
I agree you recommended Alpine (your post 13). My comment was meant that even if you had only offered an opinion on Hertz and ID it should be accepted. that you recommended Alpine shows that you are willing to consider products that you do not represent.

Lets get back to the 701 however. if that matter is closed maybe we could close this thread as well.
Old 27th April 2006, 20:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

ya naveen I had got the white elephant installed in my car two days ago . I have rough conneted the wire , as i am going to install monster cable RCA which is avalable in GK. One more thing, the guys at monster r giving me home audio rca and speaker wires , do u think I should go for it or not.( This is for the connecting of the 701)
Old 28th April 2006, 09:50   #30
Team-BHP Support

white elephant? Are you refering to the 701? I wont call it that.

Some home audio wire has the insulation required towork in the car. without knowing the exact wire I cant help you. The Belden I use for example was not made for the car but it works.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks