BHPian

Punto ICE'd, but with issues

Hi
I got my Punto ICE'd from Bafna motors Pune yesterday
Here's a details of the install:

1. HU: Pioneer DEH-4490BT
2. Front: Infinity Primus PR6502is
3. Rear: JBL Coaxials CS6

The setup produces really sweet highs and mids. Acoustic guitars and vocals are crisp.
Now i get some buzzing at high volumes for songs with heavy bass. I listen to a lot of rock and metaland when playing RHCP the front speakers seem to distort a lil when push the volume to above 25.

I checked the HU specs and saw that it is not for 3 ohm speakers. The front infinity speakers are 3ohm rated. Could this be a problem?

I would like to point out here that I had specifically requested Vishal to install the pioneer deh-6450bt hu as it has 3 rca preouts vs the 4490's 2. He pretty much laid it thick on this one. Can I go back and ask him to upgrade this?

Total cost - ---20k including damping (not full doors.. only patches behind the speakers)

Please advice! I am slightly disappointed!
Old 8th October 2012, 03:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman
... Now i get some buzzing at high volumes for songs with heavy bass. I listen to a lot of rock and metaland when playing RHCP the front speakers seem to distort a lil when push the volume to above 25.

I checked the HU specs and saw that it is not for 3 ohm speakers. The front infinity speakers are 3ohm rated. Could this be a problem? ...
There is no problem with the speakers - it is the HU internal amp which is distorting. Either enjoy the current setup in moderation (it will go slightly louder if you reduce bass) or get an amp.

And yes, 3 pre-outs are more versatile than 2. Especially if you want to add a sub sometime in the (not very far) future.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 22:27   #3
BHPian

Re: Punto ICE'd, but with issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
...Especially if you want to add a sub sometime in the (not very far) future.
The says it all.

Sorry this is OT, but couldn't help posting. The thing about a sub is, once you get one, you wonder how you ever lived without it before.

A good quality sub, and well tuned, just adds so much more to the same songs you have heard so many times before..
swarnava.m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 13:29   #4
BHPian

Guys

Finally got the sub and amp and you were right. Dunno how i lived without one all this time!

I got a jbl 1210cs (jbl sw with the jbl box) and a jbl gtx646 4 ch amp. Driving the sw and front coax through the amp and rears off the hu.

And the ice fever has caught on. Now thinking of upgrading my front coax to comps. When will this fever end ? When will i have enough?
Pics coming soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks