Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2006, 03:59   #1
BHPian

reading on head unit

Hi,

I have a pioneer 7750 HU. In the Menu->Entertainment option has load of screen saver.

One of the screen saver shows the amount of current drawn from the battery. Are these reading on the HU screen saver right?

As i switch on/off other electrical equipments of the car, it does show a increase/decrease in the amount of current drawn.

In future, as i am planning the install a capacitor, will the reading on the HU and the readings on the capacitor be the same?

Thanks
Old 14th May 2006, 04:04   #2
BHPian

i forgot to mention.... i have accent, and the reading which i get when all the other electronics of the car are off, i get reading in the range of 13.3 to 13.7/8

And when the other or ma be some electrical equipment are switched on, i get reading in range of 12.0 app.
Old 14th May 2006, 10:19   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

First of all Amit,

It is not showing you the current drawn. This is completely wrong. Your HU shows the voltage across it. As simple as that. A HU or a capacitor cannot show you the current drawn from the battery unless it is in series with the load. Let's leave that for now.

It is very normal for a running car to show voltages between 12.5 and 14.4, depending on the alternator charge and the load of the equipment (Bulbs, amps, HU etc etc)

And yes, the capacitor and the HU will show similar readings
Old 14th May 2006, 11:38   #4
BHPian

SAM, thanks for correcting me. I never knew that it shows the voltage across the HU, I though it shows the current drawn.

But this must be serving as a indicator about the health of the battery, isnt it???
Old 14th May 2006, 14:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
And yes, the capacitor and the HU will show similar readings
Sam hate to correct u but I myslef installed the new 8850 it has the voltage display it show a little less than the actal voltage. approx .5 volts less. I have measured it with a DMM.Other wise the voltage display in the hu is for feature to put on nothing great about it.
Old 15th May 2006, 12:49   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi LBM,

Thats why i said "similar"
I know the Voltage meter on the Pioneer HU is just time-pass.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks