Hi Friends.

I ve Esteem with following :

1 Pioneer HU 7750 Mp3
1 Pioneer Woofer 800 Watts
1 Sony 500 Watts AMP
1 Set Boschmann 6*9 700 Watt Speakers
and 2 Small 4" front Speakers.

Now De Trouble :

Wenever I ve Songs which are RICH in BASS and at a Volume of ~30 The Lights ( headlight / cabin light / Instrumental panel light etc ) begin to FLUCTUATE.....goes DIM with BASS and Return to Power wen BASS has Ended.

Now De Solution :

I read in 'NET' and found this can be corrected by installing a AUDIO CAPACITOR next to AMP. It stores Power and Release as required by AMP to POWER Woofer ....for de RICH BASS . It also adds to PUNCH to De BASS

Now De REAL trouble........

Brothers I ve Searched good shops in Gurgaon none of them ve CAPACITOR and majority of Dem didnt knew wut it is . I actually had to explain dem.......Brothers can u tell me where I can get it in Gurgaon or shall I try in Delhi ( KHAN MARKET / LAJPAT NAGAR)

If ne1 knows kindly let me know

Tnx n All de best ....brothers.

Last edited by passion4cars : 16th May 2006 at 00:04.
Old 16th May 2006, 00:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi, since youre running just a single 500watt amp i doubt that it would be draining the battery to the extent that you would need a capacitor. Im guessing its most probably due to some faulty wiring. Go through this thread and youll get a better idea: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ell-tolls.html

Cheers,

Arush
Old 16th May 2006, 00:23   #3
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Yep get the wiring and tuning right ... it shud sort out !
Old 16th May 2006, 00:24   #4
BHPian

Hi Tnx ...... Arush.

The FLUCTUATION of lights only happens wen i turn up de volume in range of +30 otherwise below that nuthing happens. I read the article which u fwd to me.

k i will get wiring / tunning done....as my car is due for service in next 1000kms.

Do u know any good car Audio shop in Gurgaon / or in Central / South Delhi as i go to Delhi 2~3 time a month. somehow I Rely more on delhi dan on GGN.

Tnx.

Last edited by passion4cars : 16th May 2006 at 00:26.
Old 16th May 2006, 00:48   #5
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passion4cars
Hi Tnx ...... Arush.

The FLUCTUATION of lights only happens wen i turn up de volume in range of +30 otherwise below that nuthing happens. I read the article which u fwd to me.

k i will get wiring / tunning done....as my car is due for service in next 1000kms.

Do u know any good car Audio shop in Gurgaon / or in Central / South Delhi as i go to Delhi 2~3 time a month. somehow I Rely more on delhi dan on GGN.

Tnx.
Some basic mistakes in your msg..Power capacitor is to store the power and value will be in mFD/working volts,the one you wrote is for bypassing frequencies(lower freq.in your case i.e bass)and this capacitor calls bypass capacitor and its value will be in p.f.,higher the p.f it will bypass high pitchs,lower the p.f it will bypass bass tone,got me?
Some loose contacts may be in your system,try to trace the wiring and put an amp.meter in series with PLUS(red)cable going into amp. and measure the current.Now increase volume see the diff.in current,give me the readings more later after u give me the datas.

Last edited by ECM : 16th May 2006 at 00:49.
Old 16th May 2006, 00:57   #6
ECM
BHPian

One more solution,simple and easy..use a brand new wire fm power house(from where amp getting power)to amplifier.This must be thick and must have more wires in it(gauge must be thicker too)and try.But do let me know the current measurements b4 u do this.Prob will solved in no time,its damn easy so dont think much dude!
Does your amplifier fitted with Bridge network?If so kindly mention this in your next thread.Thx.

Last edited by ECM : 16th May 2006 at 00:58.
Old 16th May 2006, 00:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Passion for Cars..

Welcome on board!...

Firstly a Capacitor IS NOT a battery! ..This has been discussed in great detail on this forum... Am sure you will find your answers here (search for the words "Big 3", "lights dimming" etc)

Secondly please note that use of sms/slang language on T-bhp is strictly prohibited.. Please go thru the Announcements section before you proceed!

Once Again Welcome!!

Last edited by kb100 : 16th May 2006 at 01:00.
Old 16th May 2006, 09:41   #8
BHPian

BTW, Mods, just asking of curiosity. Wouldn't this thread be more appropriate in the ICE section?????
Old 16th May 2006, 13:04   #9
BHPian

Hi sorry for the slang......

i will look into the reading and get back to you in a day or 2

Tnx
Old 4th July 2006, 10:39   #10
BHPian

Hi

Finally FLUCTUTAION has stopped as i put in a new HEAVY DUTY BATTERY from SF. my old car battery went dead ..... lasted about 70K and was there since 2001

Thanks every1 for your advise n help
Old 4th July 2006, 10:40   #11
BHPian

Hi

capacitor not req. as i changed in my car battery to a new heavy 1 from SF.

Thx every1

Last edited by passion4cars : 4th July 2006 at 10:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks