Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2013, 18:28   #1
BHPian

Tesoro gets her singing vocals - My Alto K10's ICE install

After purchasing my first new car (thread attached below) it was time to let it get some ICE goodies.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3069586

In my previous Accent I had the Alpine 9886 and Illusion Audio Electra 6.1 comps which I ran from the HU. The Electra midbass' stopped working a few weeks before I sold the car, and I take it as a sign that I need to go up the components quality level . Not that the Electra's were bad, its that I thought of going for an upgrade.

I listen to all types of music, yes all types, ranging from Rabindrasangeet to Heavy Metal, but I hate harsh tweeters. As I knew I was going to replace my car my research started a few months back. Morel, DLS, Rainbow, Gladen, Digital Designs, HAT. These brands of components were running circles around my head. I spend hours on the net, both at home and at office .

My first preferences were DLS R6A or Morel Tempo 6's. I had heard both during my office visit abroad in colleagues cars and I loved their neutral and laid back signatures, something that I can listen for hours long.

I know off late the supply of DLS and Morel's has been non-existent but still I tried contacting the Indian distributors of both. Morel's distributor was non existent. DLS' distributor did reply back on my query but a month later. And to my surprise the DLS R6A's which were available for 13-14K couple of years back were not coming for 20+, quite stunning as in how they even think of charging such prices.

Anyways, I had given up hope of getting DLS or Morel's due to either unavailability or price and now turned my sights to Gladen, Rainbow and DD. After hearing about S&S Inc. from fellow T-Bhpians I decided to stop by there.

Prior to that with my limited budget I decided to look online for ICE deals. And I did, picked up a Blaupunkt GTA 470 SF from snapdeal for 7490. Also bought a RF P1S4-8'' sub from avenuesound.in for 3K.

On enquiring with Nitin of S&S told me he has a set of Morel Tempo 6X comps available. I asked him to hold the set for me as I didn't want to let go of the comps I wanted so badly. I did hear the set of Gladen RS165 comps on his car, but then they sound amazing on trance and house, but the Morel's are better all round.

So I fixed 15th of March, last friday for the install. Bhpian predatorwheelz was there to see the install.

The install went smooth. Even though it was S&S Inc.'s first Alto 6.5'' speaker install they showed their quality. The sub box, amp board were of good quality. The lead installer Murtaza has seriously good knowledge, but also unlike other installers in the city he was open for suggestions.

Some fine points about the install were for e.g. the rear high security number plate was not installed properly hence it used to rattle. Even before a note was heard in the car one of the installers noticed the rattle and put leftover strips of dampmat under the plate which stopped the rattle. Also Murtaza put damping material in the hole cut into the door panels which we call speaker baffles. Note he hasn't done it on a car before.

So my final equipment lineup is this:
HU - Alpine 9886
Front Components - Morel Tempo 6X
Amp - Blaupunkt GTA 470 SF
Sub - Rockford Fosgate P1S4-8.
Amplifier kit - Bull Audio 8 AWG
Extra wires - Bull Audio
Damping - Dampmat

Final thoughts about the sound, yes I am super happy. The Blaupunkt amp isn't harsh as initially feared. The Morel's sing well, and most suprisingly the little RF sub pounds when required and blends in when needed.

OK enough talk, I know I've bored you all. So here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Tesoro gets her singing vocals - My Alto K10's ICE install-883207_252008321603201_1932117489_o.jpg  

Tesoro gets her singing vocals - My Alto K10's ICE install-884540_252010804936286_67473776_o.jpg  

Tesoro gets her singing vocals - My Alto K10's ICE install-885671_252009024936464_1058810463_o.jpg  

Tesoro gets her singing vocals - My Alto K10's ICE install-886133_252008261603207_1333223613_o.jpg  

Tesoro gets her singing vocals - My Alto K10's ICE install-891791_252010304936336_1142710150_o.jpg  

Tesoro gets her singing vocals - My Alto K10's ICE install-893137_252009974936369_410876736_o.jpg  

NOS Power is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 18:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Tesoro gets her singing vocals - My Alto K10's ICE install

Lovely Setup.
Would love to hear it when we meet next.
Old 18th March 2013, 18:51   #3

Finally saw an Alto in kolkata with 6.5"s installed. Would love to hear it once and check out the door pad installation too . Would be great if you can share the prices too.
Old 18th March 2013, 19:30   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupai View Post
Finally saw an Alto in kolkata with 6.5"s installed. Would love to hear it once and check out the door pad installation too . Would be great if you can share the prices too.
Tupai, we can meet up sometime or maybe during a team-bhp meet.

Prices would be as follows.

HU - Alpine 9886 - Carryover from my previous car.
Front Components - Morel Tempo 6X - 12000
Amp - Blaupunkt GTA 470 SF - 7990
Sub - Rockford Fosgate P1S4-8 - 3000 (there was a sale running for this at the time, else MRP 5400 approx.)
Amplifier kit - Bull Audio 8 AWG - 1990
Extra wires - Bull Audio 2300 approx. 2 rolls.
Damping - Dampmat - 4800 (4 sheets, I didn't want a bulk pack)

Misc. expenses - sub box, amp board, mdf rings, installation charges 5K approx.

Total Cost - 38K approx.

Last edited by NOS Power : 18th March 2013 at 19:32.
NOS Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 20:21   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
Amplifier kit - Bull Audio 8 AWG - 1990
What is this? Can't we use normal speaker wiring?
Old 18th March 2013, 22:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So I fixed 15th of March, last friday for the install. Bhpian predatorwheelz was there to see the install.
Yes I was. Thank you for waiting 2 weeks, for me to come down so I could witness the install.

Quote:
The install went smooth. Even though it was S&S Inc.'s first Alto 6.5'' speaker install they showed their quality. The sub box, amp board were of good quality. The lead installer Murtaza has seriously good knowledge, but also unlike other installers in the city he was open for suggestions.

Some fine points about the install were for e.g. the rear high security number plate was not installed properly hence it used to rattle. Even before a note was heard in the car one of the installers noticed the rattle and put leftover strips of dampmat under the plate which stopped the rattle. Also Murtaza put damping material in the hole cut into the door panels which we call speaker baffles. Note he hasn't done it on a car before.
Agreed. Very clean and professional install, definitely recommended.

Quote:
Final thoughts about the sound, yes I am super happy. The Blaupunkt amp isn't harsh as initially feared. The Morel's sing well, and most suprisingly the little RF sub pounds when required and blends in when needed.
I've said this before, and will say it again. Give the comps and sub 20-25 hrs of running-in time. They'll sound in a different league altogether!
Old 18th March 2013, 22:49   #7
BHPian

I am planning to buy the same Amp to drive a pair of Focal Polyglass components and a sub later sometime! I would like to know, how does the amp perform, and is it harsh or laid back! Because it sure does seem to be a VFM product from Blaupunkt!
Old 19th March 2013, 21:50   #8
BHPian

Re: Tesoro gets her singing vocals - My Alto K10's ICE install

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupai View Post
What is this? Can't we use normal speaker wiring?
Tupai, any form of electrical wires, be it home, audio or anything else needs to be upgraded to take the power being drawn through it. an Amplifier kit is required for any audio install involving an amplifier as it sends a lot of power to the speakers. Hence a fuse, appropriate power and ground cables and RCA cables are required to make the whole thing work flawlessly. 8 AWG is the power handling capacity of the wire. 8 AWG or 8 gauge can handle upto 400W RMS and my amp puts out 340W, hence the need for 8AWG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
I've said this before, and will say it again. Give the comps and sub 20-25 hrs of running-in time. They'll sound in a different league altogether!
Predatorwheelz, I'm gunning for atleast 60 hrs of running in, 20-25 hrs is not enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
I am planning to buy the same Amp to drive a pair of Focal Polyglass components and a sub later sometime! I would like to know, how does the amp perform, and is it harsh or laid back! Because it sure does seem to be a VFM product from Blaupunkt!
599gto, the amp was a revelation. I was warned by fellow ICE fans that Blaupunkt is known to be harsh. But to my surprise this isn't harsh at all. Neutral would be a better word. For instance, I am running treble at +2 on my HU, and my still brand new Morel's are sounding neutral. Whereas a fellow Bhpian runs his JBL amplified Gladen's at -2 and Gladen's are not harsh by any means.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks