Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2013, 16:18   #31
BHPian

Re: ICE Advice for a Grand Vitara

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
You are correct in what you mention, but you are using the wrong expression. 'Quality' is associated with the absence of defects in a product, governing how long it lasts, how it takes to abuse etc. - that is not what you wanted to convey. There is nothing subjective about this aspect. Generally, all the speaker brands we talk about here have decent quality (very few failures).

What you were highlighting was the audio aspects of that product - ability to reproduce details, bright or neutral character, sufficiently loud midbass, sensitivity (loudness) etc. ....
You are very right in pointing out the difference between the quality & audio aspects of various options out there.
And I was saying exactly that the Quality aspects of various brands do matter. A Sony Xplod speaker does not continue to produce the same audio quality on the 3rd month, as it did on the 1st day. Atleast I have had this experience with them. And this does come down to the Quality of the product.

On the other hand, the audio aspect of various options does become much more subjective.

----
Other than the above discussion, I do want to suggest that you take into consideration a very important point of proper cables (and power kits, if going in for an amplifier). If your installer tries to convince you about putting in any ordinary 2 core cable (as against the various options of proper cables) for free, please do not opt for it. I have found through various learning stages (that continue to go on) that a proper cable can really take your audio experience to new highs. Ditto for the thimbles used - avoid the smaller thimbles - insist on the larger, more sturdy ones.

Cheers,
Sam
samarth.bhatia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 13:21   #32
BHPian

Re: ICE Advice for a Grand Vitara

Am going for a GV oem android based head unit from aliexpress. The delivery date is estimated between 15-25 days, and once fixed, I can give you a more details on it. As, for the speakers and amp, am pulling it from my octy and donating it to the GV. The Octy will have the entire ice setup from scratch. Though, I am planning to retain the original space saver sub, which is found underneath the co-passenger seat.

More up , Later!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks