Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2006, 13:34   #1
BHPian

6x9's install in zen front doors

hi everyone,

has anybody installed 6x9 speakers in the front door of a zen?
is it doable? does it require any special materials to install? and finally, would any of the audio guru's recommend installing 6x9's in zen's front door?

i got a spare set of pioneer 6990 6x9's from bhai's old car and they are still in brilliant condition. wouldnt want to waste a good set of speakers.

awaiting reply's
regards,
anuj
Old 28th May 2006, 19:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

I know of many people who have 6x9s installed in the front doors of Tata Safaris. The stock door panel fits back on after this traumatising procedure too, so that's quite an achievement!

I know a few who have stuck them into the doors of Esteems etc too, so it should go into a Zen with an adequately large spacer ring. Although, why you would want to do something like that is completely beyond my understanding, with the exception of it being a very loyal display of brotherly love.

Front locations are for comps (components, not computers ). 6x9 are alright for rear fill. The 6990s were decent speakers and would be best utilized there. 6x9s would jut out of the front doors like your door's having a hard-on. Plus you'll need a ****load of damping to keep the door panel from going crazy.
Old 28th May 2006, 21:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

I've seen 6x9 on door of zen but it was not for long......The Pio 6x9 gives so much bass n heavy magnets are just too much for the door panels to handle...All the handles will start vibrating they arent that strong to bear those...
Its better to stick with 4" in front n 6x9 at the rear..

KP
Old 29th May 2006, 10:48   #4
Team-BHP Support

In addition to what B&T said above remember that a speaker needs some box volume to work in. a 6x9 is designed to work in a large box like the trunk of your car. in a smaller box (front door) it might even sound worse than a 6" speaker.
Old 29th May 2006, 15:33   #5
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Anuj : your ICE sounds good yaar, additions of those 6x9's in the front will ruin it! exchange it for a woofer or something
Old 30th May 2006, 11:08   #6
BHPian

hey..why dont you exchange for a good pair of 4"........probably jbl..
Old 30th May 2006, 11:11   #7
BHPian

No need to go for 4". You can accomodate 6.5" in order zen and 5.25" in the existing zen. Best bet would be components.
Old 1st June 2006, 22:14   #8
BHPian

thanks for all your replies guys.
now please specify 2-3 models of comps(not computers!) which would fit in
the space provided in new zen models. also what kind of expenditure are we talking about
here?!?...

oh vaise how much can i sell off those 6x9 pio 6990s for??? i love my bro but he wont mind me selling them off.

replies awaited..... got to get some/any speakers installed this sunday.

regards to all
anuj

@ aza: buddy that 12" woofer is kind of enough for a hatchback.... vaise bhi dont have enough dough to upgrade to
a better amp to power 2 subs.... but i'll keep your suggestion in my mind while deciding on sunday... cheers

Last edited by rev_hard : 1st June 2006 at 22:16.
Old 1st June 2006, 23:27   #9
Team-BHP Support

JBL 507 and Blaupunkt Velocity 5" should fit easily and their 6" counterparts will fit if spacers are used.
Old 8th July 2006, 22:36   #10
BHPian

hi every1

i've finally managed to save some dough for the comp speakers. How much should i be spending for a pair of component speakers here in Delhi.

Also, does being a member of team-bhp entitle me to any discounts at the JBL outlet near my house in GK-1?(is there a certain Mr. Sam in here?)

Waiting

Anuj
Old 9th July 2006, 02:36   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard
hi every1

i've finally managed to save some dough for the comp speakers. How much should i be spending for a pair of component speakers here in Delhi.

Also, does being a member of team-bhp entitle me to any discounts at the JBL outlet near my house in GK-1?(is there a certain Mr. Sam in here?)

Waiting

Anuj
You can get a pair of JBL 606 comps for 5500+/-. And a hertz Dsk130 for 5800+/-. Go get the hertz man! It sounds really good!

Hey! Mr. SAM is being cautioned here.
Old 9th July 2006, 12:58   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Hi Anuj,
tell Tausif ansari you are a member and you know me.. He will call me if necessary but you'll get a discount, just for asking so nicely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
You can get a pair of JBL 606 comps for 5500+/-. And a hertz Dsk130 for 5800+/-. Go get the hertz man! It sounds really good!

Hey! Mr. SAM is being cautioned here.
Speedzak, the 606 has been replaced by 607C. Secondly that was a bit unnecessary don't you think? I'm not offended, but that's a really silly statement.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 9th July 2006 at 13:01.
Old 10th July 2006, 03:58   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi

Speedzak, the 606 has been replaced by 607C. Secondly that was a bit unnecessary don't you think? I'm not offended, but that's a really silly statement.
to the core!!!! Very very unnecessary! (Same like that header of Zidane into Materazzi's chest)

Plenty of shops still stock the 606 it seems. 607s are sometimes not available too. And when asked for a discount due to 606 being discontinued, a JBL dealer quoted : "The 606 will not be stopped for sure. Who said this to you? Those will not be discontinued in the near future. 607?? No, there's nothing like that!!" LOLLLLL
He sounds more like the JBL CEO!!

Last edited by speedzak : 10th July 2006 at 03:59.
Old 10th July 2006, 10:19   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hi every1

Anuj
I dont think you have to be a "TBHP member" but being a "friend of Sam" does help.

BTW I do feel it is time we start calling him Sameer. One day he will get married and have a son.
Old 23rd July 2006, 17:06   #15
Senior - BHPian

here is a pic i found in a car magzine how u people will like it........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks