Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2006, 17:31   #1
BHPian

Santro Xing Accoustics

Hey guys ,
I drive a Santro Xing 2005...
I got a Blaupunkt Sevilla ( 25W RMS x4 ) with a pair of Infinity Kappa refernce 6x9 rears ( 100 w RMS ) and a pair of JBL 4 inch fronts.

looking to upgrade for a better installation of rears as they are installed in a boxed enclosure.... on the floor...which eats up most of the sound...

Also need to add punch on the fronts with components add ons...
Can you help??

I dont want to go in for subwoofers as the imaging totally gets lost...and i dotn listen to techno or heavy hip hop...
Old 2nd June 2006, 18:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

What is Inifinity Kappa Reference???

You don't listen to techno or hip-hop, why would you want the fronts to be extra punchy. I think the JBLs are well built for the intended sound. You could improve the overall experience by adding a 4-ch amp, about 4x50 rms clean power should do the job.

Subs don't screw your imaging. They mostly have nothing to do with imaging. They can only cause the bass to sound disjointed if it's a bad sub or not integrated well with the fronts. Some time alignment also helps the cause. You'd be better off with your imaging by paying more attention to tweeter/ midrange placement.
Old 2nd June 2006, 18:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

U can add a amp as reffered by B&T. And try changing the front jbl with a good componet set and install the kappa 6x9 near the above seat level on a mdf tray so that the thing u want the imaging of the sound gets clear.

As for the sub try using a active sub of good make and see how much diff does the sub make in ur listening PLEASURE............mmmmmmmm......
Old 2nd June 2006, 19:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

sk456 welcome to Tbhp.

Get a good 4 channel amp as B&T said. Compos for Xing means you need some modification like fibre setup.

Last edited by jkdas : 2nd June 2006 at 19:30.
Old 3rd June 2006, 09:32   #5
Team-BHP Support

wow...everyone's a guru now! :-) LOL. just Kidding. but it was funny to read 2 opinons all saying the same thing. Get the picture SK, GET AN AMP! :-) (the 1 smiley rule is now 2 smileys).

Last edited by navin : 3rd June 2006 at 09:33.
Old 5th June 2006, 10:11   #6
BHPian

Thanx Guys

hEY gys,

Thanx for the tips!..

the tip of
"install the kappa 6x9 near the above seat level on a mdf tray so that the thing u want the imaging of the sound gets clear."

sounds like a good idea -- Also can I use the JBL 4 inchers a part of a component series or would I have to buy a totally new set?

what amp and componenets/sub would u suggest.... ? and where would you recommend in delhi that I get the work done abt gettign teh customization done?
Old 5th June 2006, 10:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456
hEY gys,

Thanx for the tips!..

the tip of
"install the kappa 6x9 near the above seat level on a mdf tray so that the thing u want the imaging of the sound gets clear."

sounds like a good idea -- Also can I use the JBL 4 inchers a part of a component series or would I have to buy a totally new set?

what amp and componenets/sub would u suggest.... ? and where would you recommend in delhi that I get the work done abt gettign teh customization done?
Whats that? I didnt understand.

Get GTO 4inchers for frnt pods. 4 channel amps start frm 5k (sony B&W) to 13k for JBL GTO 75.4. Alpine comes to 12-13k I guess. Pios frm 7k.
Old 5th June 2006, 10:41   #8
BHPian

hey JKD,

My point that I wanted to make was that the rear speaker placement on a MDF tray near the seat level at teh back was a good idea.. currently i have them on the floor at the back inside a woofer box...

I already have 4 inch JBL's in teh front... My point was that when I turn up the volume a bit the fronts cant take the bass... so I guess I need soem kind of components.... Can I use my existing 4 inch fronts as part of a component set up...( without having to replace them )....

Are blaupunkt amps any good? I really liek my CD player...

Something I miised abt my current setup....
The mids and the highs are exceptional...The INFINITIES ( 100W RMS) really rock!! Probaly they would be even better with a AMP as they have ahardly been pushed to there potential!!! ( as my CD player is only 25RMS x4) .The bass probaly woudl be also Ok with a correct set up....

Can you suggest a good place in DELHI where I can get the work down and where the merchant knows his stuff!!! Most of them dont at all.....
Old 5th June 2006, 10:44   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456
Are blaupunkt amps any good? I really liek my CD player... ....
Some Velocity amps are good. The rest a triffle rough.
Old 5th June 2006, 10:46   #10
BHPian

hey guys..I think im missing out on what components are??? As compared to a pair of 4 inchers for the front?? Can anyone explain me the diff??
Old 5th June 2006, 18:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

Sk

Components are speakers which use seperate components to produce various frequency ranges...hence the term Components! They are also known as Comps.. seperates... twoways... threeways etc..

For eg a two way component will mean that you have a speaker to produce mib-bass and midrange - and a seperate tweeter for the high frequencies..

Three way will mean the mid bass, mid range, and high frequency all are reproduced using seperate dedicated speakers (the last a tweeter!! before I get flamed!)

These components will need to be fed frequencies between specified limits - this splitting is done by a "crossover" ... In a PASSIVE set up the signall fiirst goes to the amp, gets amplified, and then gets fed into a crossover which further splits the signals and feeds the speakers .. these crossovers are called PASSIVE crossovers and are generally are sold along with the component kit.. ..This is generally accepted as the best way of doing this and 95% of the ICEd population uses passive setups (leaves the complicated math for someone else to do!)

In case of an ACTIVE set up you use the crossover of the HU or an external crossover to break the signal up - then feed it into an amp which then sends dedicated amplified signal to each of the components... In other words each band - the mind-bass,midrange and high frequency- is amplified seperately and fed direct into the speakers.. This however will entail use of a 6channel amp for a two way + sub setup.. and an eight channel or Two Four Channels, .. (or any combination thereof) for a three-way + Sub arrangement.. Not to mention - this is NOT to be attempted unless you have an indepth understanding of sound/frequencies/slopes etc.. you run the serious risk of blowing up your hard earned/begged/borrowed(as in mycase) money!

Hope this clarifies!
Old 6th June 2006, 09:48   #12
Team-BHP Support

WAAAH! KB stole my thunder! :-) just kidding.
Old 6th June 2006, 10:04   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Sk

Components are speakers which use seperate components to produce various frequency ranges...hence the term Components! They are also known as Comps.. seperates... twoways... threeways etc..

For eg a two way component will mean that you have a speaker to produce mib-bass and midrange - and a seperate tweeter for the high frequencies..

Three way will mean the mid bass, mid range, and high frequency all are reproduced using seperate dedicated speakers (the last a tweeter!! before I get flamed!)

These components will need to be fed frequencies between specified limits - this splitting is done by a "crossover" ... In a PASSIVE set up the signall fiirst goes to the amp, gets amplified, and then gets fed into a crossover which further splits the signals and feeds the speakers .. these crossovers are called PASSIVE crossovers and are generally are sold along with the component kit.. ..This is generally accepted as the best way of doing this and 95% of the ICEd population uses passive setups (leaves the complicated math for someone else to do!)

In case of an ACTIVE set up you use the crossover of the HU or an external crossover to break the signal up - then feed it into an amp which then sends dedicated amplified signal to each of the components... In other words each band - the mind-bass,midrange and high frequency- is amplified seperately and fed direct into the speakers.. This however will entail use of a 6channel amp for a two way + sub setup.. and an eight channel or Two Four Channels, .. (or any combination thereof) for a three-way + Sub arrangement.. Not to mention - this is NOT to be attempted unless you have an indepth understanding of sound/frequencies/slopes etc.. you run the serious risk of blowing up your hard earned/begged/borrowed(as in mycase) money!

Hope this clarifies!
Cool man..it does>>> ... well ill have to resort to the begging and borowing part to get ICEd so to say.....and I thought 27K which i have already spent was a lot of money......felt guilty for a week....
Old 6th June 2006, 10:16   #14
Senior - BHPian

... Whaat is that I see on my head?... lil buds.. beginnings of the horns of a guru!... The horn itself will take about an entire lifetime to take shape at the pace at which I am learning! ..;o)
Old 6th June 2006, 10:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
WAAAH! KB stole my thunder! :-) just kidding.

time to retire........or see ur knowledge being widespread!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks