Team-BHP - difference b/w pioneer 5850 4850 and 3850
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   difference b/w pioneer 5850 4850 and 3850 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/13899-difference-b-w-pioneer-5850-4850-3850-a.html)

hello anybody please tell me the difference b/w the pioneer models 5850 3850 and 4850. i would like to install a simple but good music set up on my system with just HU and 2 or 4 Speakers in my baleno. so is it worth to go for 5850 for that 3 preouts, whereas 4850 has 2 preouts and 3850 has 1 preout. Other than this, is there any notable difference in SQ b/w these 3 models as all are 50W mosfet x 4. iam not planning to install amps and sub. so please suggest me the best combination under 15k budget with HU and speakers.please:

hey bro.. if you are not going to EVER install a amplifier then you dont need the pre amps... they only usefull if you are going to install amps... other than that.. about SQ i woudlnt know.. never used them...
hope this helped...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tool
hey bro.. if you are not going to EVER install a amplifier then you dont need the pre amps... they only usefull if you are going to install amps... other than that.. about SQ i woudlnt know.. never used them...
hope this helped...

Tool, that statement is completely incorrect at best. :)

Pre-amps are required irrespective of whether he uses the on-board amp of the HU or an external amplifier. The volume control, tone controls etc are all incorporated into the pre-amp, in addition to the pre-amp's job of preparing the signal by amplifying it to a suitable level for the power amp. Can't bypass this stage.

On the other hand, he could do without the HU's in-built power amp if he were to use only external power amps to drive all speakers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Tool, that statement is completely incorrect at best. :)

Pre-amps are required irrespective of whether he uses the on-board amp of the HU or an external amplifier. The volume control, tone controls etc are all incorporated into the pre-amp, in addition to the pre-amp's job of preparing the signal by amplifying it to a suitable level for the power amp. Can't bypass this stage.

On the other hand, he could do without the HU's in-built power amp if he were to use only external power amps to drive all speakers.

B&T when he said preamps, I think he meant preamp outputs. Tool is an audio engineer, It would be safe to assume he knows what preamps do.:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir
B&T when he said preamps, I think he meant preamp outputs. Tool is an audio engineer, It would be safe to assume he knows what preamps do.:p

Oh, ok ok. I took the statement quite literally. Ouch, sorry Tool! :)

boom boom boom (lemme hear ya say hey-ho) cheesy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir

I agree. i am not an audio engineer and even i know what pre-amps do. Atleast I think I do.

tech apart; if its just a matter of 1-2k,just get the high end one:D And 4850 has a pop down thingy; cuts out dust than 3850.

5850 has 2 preouts and teh other two has just one. I would say, get 4850. Do you have the price quote?

heheh all goood .. my fault really.. should have specified also :)
yeah i meant pre amp puts.. wasent talking of the pre amp's built into the machine :)
sorry.. should have been a little more clear... whoooops

i dont think much dust enters via the cd slot. more enters from the rear chassis.