Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2006, 18:11   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Sam! he'll spend money that SHOULD be spent on ICE on things like wine and women.! Then the women will spend more of your money and your ICE will be on ice forever! :-) LOL

just look at my case. Every since I got married my ICE and Home Audio sytems have shrunk. I fear the day when my wife wants one of those "cute Bose thingies"!
That was good one Navin....

Well the joys of being still being single are definetly there... dotn have to go to a Bose showroom!!!!
Old 12th June 2006, 21:56   #32
BHPian

we Indians r very good at finding loopholes.here's is the one.

sam can advice hertz/audison/id and posts pictures of these installed products [as he has already done] and in exchange gunbir/JB will recommend JBL/Infinity....i dont think navin should mind then..........
Old 13th June 2006, 10:58   #33
Team-BHP Support

Doc, I'm no idiot. Neither are Sam and Gunbir.

That was not a loophole. I saw it and permitted it. I am as interested as any one of you to see installs. Lets call it living vicariously. Given that I have to allow room for 3 30" bags (each bag is 30"x24"x12") I dont have that much room for Subs anymore. These installs give me my kicks.

If we have to photoshop each pic we will see very few installs and if we ban all brands (between Sam, Gunbir, Cartouch etc.. almost all the ICE brands are represented by a member of TBHP) we'll see nothing.

Last edited by navin : 13th June 2006 at 12:03.
Old 13th June 2006, 11:08   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
Unless that if Arush struts his stuff on the forum, he needs to block/blur out his signature logo? Because, even if he does block out his logo, everyone would still know the car is done up by him right?
Alok.
I would much appreciate it if as many logos or signatures as possible are erased. I am not trying to be diffucult here and would hate to throw out the baby with the bathwater but we are trying to keep TBHP clean & honest.

Those who will recognise Arush's work (for example) sans his logo wont be Newbies. My primary object is to protect newbies from assuming TBHP recommends any particular installer, manufacturer, dealer, etc...

Once a member has been aroud he learns what TBHP stands for and he should be capable of understanding that the pics are there disseminate/share ideas and information and not as a marketing tool.
Old 13th June 2006, 11:46   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
sam can advice hertz/audison/id and posts pictures of these installed products [as he has already done] and in exchange gunbir/JB will recommend JBL/Infinity....i dont think navin should mind then..........
For the record... And Gunbir and JB are my witness, that is NOT what we are doing. That would be wrong and a blatant challenge of the rules.
Gunbir, JB and I were out drinking and they drove me arounf and I saw some good work done by an installer in the car they were in. I heard it, was impressed. I posted the photos for everyone to appreciate it because i love all car audio. Thankfully,I do NOT need to promote the brands i represent. lol, (at the risk of sounding pompous) they seem to be doing pretty well anyways.

Neither do JB and gunbir promote their brands through this forum.
Gunbir will post a picture of any car that impresses him too. We are NOT working on some sort of symbiotic agreement.

People please do understand that the Team-BHP forum represents a miniscule (read: super microscopic) percentage of the car audio customer base in India. To give you some perspective, look at the number of cars on the streets and look at the number of TBHPIANS at any meet and you will begin to fathom what i mean.

However I do believe that if there are no rules, other people will start promoting here and convert this place into a marketing, commercial forum. That day, I will stop coming here.

A few people have asked me why i've been patient with this rule that Navin (read:moderator) has put down. It is because i appreciate whats happening here.

So guys, honestly, chill out. KB, rsj, we're all still here. Still enjoying ourselves, posting pics and doing what not. Enjoy the humour (Have you realised that this section of TBHP has a lot more leniancy?) Enjoy the debates and the knowledge.

Let's put this topic to rest and let Sir Navin do what he does best.

1) Make sure things are in place, proper like

2) Completely confuse the young ones.
Old 13th June 2006, 11:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
For the record... And Gunbir and JB are my witness, that is NOT what we are doing. That would be wrong and a blatant challenge of the rules.

Gunbir, JB and I were out drinking and they drove me around and I saw some good work done by an installer in the car they were in. I heard it, was impressed. I posted the photos for everyone to appreciate it because i love all car audio. Thankfully,I do NOT need to promote the brands i represent. lol, (at the risk of sounding pompous) they seem to be doing pretty well anyways.

Neither do JB and gunbir promote their brands through this forum.
Gunbir will post a picture of any car that impresses him too. We are NOT working on some sort of symbiotic agreement.

People please do understand that the Team-BHP forum represents a miniscule (read: super microscopic) percentage of the car audio customer base in India. To give you some perspective, look at the number of cars on the streets and look at the number of TBHPIANS at any meet and you will begin to fathom what i mean.

However I do believe that if there are no rules, other people will start promoting here and convert this place into a marketing, commercial forum. That day, I will stop coming here.

A few people have asked me why i've been patient with this rule that Navin (read:moderator) has put down. It is because i appreciate whats happening here.

So guys, honestly, chill out. KB, rsj, we're all still here. Still enjoying ourselves, posting pics and doing what not. Enjoy the humour (Have you realised that this section of TBHP has a lot more leniancy?) Enjoy the debates and the knowledge.
X2... Not much I can add to that...
Old 13th June 2006, 12:01   #37
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Gunbir and Sam.

This rule was not enforced by me but by "higher powers" I am just the messenger. I love to see installs.

I am trying to develop a policy that will allow more installs to be seen with as little trouble (photoshop etc..) as possible but have been hampered by the fact that (a) Fear that someone (not nesscarily in ICE) will misuse the priviilege (b) Uber Mod is on a honeymoon and I refuse to disturb him and (c) a lack of proper, detailed and explicit understanding as to what can be constituted as marketing and what cannot and to what exten do we need to protect our members (Newbies included) from "Marketeering". There is not Black and White here just shades of Grey.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.
Old 13th June 2006, 12:21   #38
BHPian

come on guys........i was never serious.I dint mean what i wrote abt loopholes..... ....i have been in good mood in the last 3-4 days.......

i have met gunbir and we talked abt marketing products in India.He would never compromise with himself just to sell his products more.
HE BELEIVES IN QUALITY AND NOT QUANTITY.[SQ over SPL in ICE terms]

Pardon me if someone's sentiments r hurt.
Old 13th June 2006, 13:01   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
1.Pioneer DVD HU (model yet to be decided)
2.Five speakers (two pairs of compos and one center)
3.My current JBL basstubes are too big for the boot of the Aveo. So will have to get one 12" or 15" with box.
4.Currently have a Pioneer 944, and i'm guessing i'll definately have to get another one as well for the speakers.
Now i only want stuff from either JBL, Hertz or Kicker. And i don't wanna mix stuff from those brands, i mean i would like a single brand setup as far as possible.
Poor Kartik nver got all his queries answeed did you Kartik?

1. The only brand that makes a decent HU, Amp, and speakers is Alpine. Pio and Sony speakers suck. Blaupunkt amps are average and only their Velocity speakers make good. I dont see Hertz or Focal or Kicker HUs or amps. JBL does make amps and speakers though.

2. Since you got a 944 I'd use it as a sub/ rear amp and just get a nice amp for the front.

3. Add HU and speakers to taste. Let your ears judge.
Old 13th June 2006, 17:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

His HU would be a double din DVD.

What if he uses 2 channels frm 944 for 5.25compos for frnt and tehn bridge the rest for the sub ( mostly its gonna be a box), Rear 6x9 or co-ax run from HU. Basic setup when short on $$$
Old 13th June 2006, 17:56   #41
Senior - BHPian

.. Methinks the rear two of a 944 bridged is not going to be enough to elicit more than a burp from the two subs he's got!
Old 13th June 2006, 18:04   #42
Senior - BHPian

Finally back to topic . Damn this thread went places......

Anyways, decided on the HU and speakers and cables. Now wondering if i shuld get a small amp for the speakers... and use the 944 solely for the subs
Old 13th June 2006, 18:08   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Finally back to topic . Damn this thread went places......

Anyways, decided on the HU and speakers and cables. Now wondering if i shuld get a small amp for the speakers... and use the 944 solely for the subs
you gonna have two sub????
Old 13th June 2006, 18:18   #44
Senior - BHPian

I definately need to get Dynamat for damping. If i still have money left after getting the speakers, amps, HU n all....ofcourse i'll have second sub.

But no basstubes, some GTO series will be fine. I saw a new type over there in the shop, dunno the model. Its a rectangular one with one sub
Old 13th June 2006, 23:38   #45
Team-BHP Support

If you having 2 subs which ones. If they are low mass JBL GTO 12 or GT4-12 then bridged 944 might dothe job. So all you need is a second 4 ch. amp for the front and rear speakers. May I suggest the Alpine 240. It wont part your hair but it is sweet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks