Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2013, 18:09   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
Feel like going for Rainbow SL cone while retaining the titanium Pro tweeters.
Need to ice my 2008 Verna hence thinking of buying rainbow SL then putting its cone here in swift and the tweeters in Verna with the DL cone from swift going to Verna for front comp
Also thinking of going for focal amp plus rear comps too for Verna as its going to be chauffeur driven ( suggestions ? Budget 50k , HU is JVC avx 800
Are you considering sub?
If yes what are your plans. I recently installed 10” enclosed focal sub in my aria. some how I didn't like it.
It costed me 13500INR. The bass gets distorted even at half volume.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th November 2013 at 18:08. Reason: Correcting some typos.
Old 4th November 2013, 20:12   #17
BHPian

Re: Silver Swift ICE'D - Rs 100K SQ setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumanbhokray View Post
Are you considering sub?
If yes what are your plans. I recently installed 10” enclosed focal sub in my aria. some how I dint like it.
It costed me 13500INR. The bass gets distorted even at haff volume.
No sub dear , only want comps front and rear for pure SQ
Rear comps are mandatory the rear tweeter would go on mid pillar or near top of C pillar
Old 5th November 2013, 10:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
No sub dear , only want comps front and rear for pure SQ
Rear comps are mandatory the rear tweeter would go on mid pillar or near top of C pillar
But are you not compromising on the low frequencies?
Instead of comps y don’t you consider some good full range speakers. For rear.
And one more thing. Puting tweeters on the rear pillars may get them very close to your ears. Take care. it may damage your hearing in long run.
Old 5th November 2013, 11:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Rear comps are mandatory the rear tweeter would go on mid pillar or near top of C pillar
C pillar is definitely not a good idea - will spoil the image. B pillar is OK as long as it doesn't foul with seat belt. Best location for tweeter in rear would be near top of door pad (door hinge side).

Quote:
But are you not compromising on the low frequencies? ...
That is @Pankaj_Ahlawat's interpretation of pure SQ - and he is entitle to it. Of course the sound image will not be the same as what the recording guys meant it to be.

Quote:
... Instead of comps y don’t you consider some good full range speakers. For rear. ...
Like which?

Quote:
... And one more thing. Puting tweeters on the rear pillars may get them very close to your ears. Take care. it may damage your hearing in long run.
Err... that would be an empirical interpretation. Perhaps you should measure before saying that.

And no, long before hearing is damaged, it will cause (mental) irritation and nausea. Same as bright light.
Old 5th November 2013, 14:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
C pillar is definitely not a good idea - will spoil the image. B pillar is OK as long as it doesn't foul with seat belt. Best location for tweeter in rear would be near top of door pad (door hinge side).

That is @Pankaj_Ahlawat's interpretation of pure SQ - and he is entitle to it. Of course the sound image will not be the same as what the recording guys meant it to be.

Like which?

Err... that would be an empirical interpretation. Perhaps you should measure before saying that.

And no, long before hearing is damaged, it will cause (mental) irritation and nausea. Same as bright light.
Any polks mm series will solve the purpose.
There are some very good full range speakers from polks. Like the one I have in my aria mm691. The midrange and highs are as good as the comps. Mm691 are the full range speakers but they come with a crossover.
Old 5th November 2013, 15:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Mm691 are the full range speakers but they come with a crossover.
Almost all speakers are "full range", i.e. covering the audio spectrum (well, almost).

You are perhaps confusing the term. "Full Range" speakers are used in home audio, and cheap ones in car audio (the ones that come with a second small cone stuck on - whizzer cone speakers). "Full Range" conventionally refers to speakers with only 1 cone. Yes, a lot of OE speakers in cars are 'full range whizzer cone' speakers, and we all know how they sound. Some cars in India come with OE low-cost Components in front, and coaxials in rear.

The ones you are referring to are called "Co-axial" speakers (Polk MM691 is a 3-way oval coaxial, 6"x9"). 3-way refers to 3 distinct drivers in one unit. Yes, many of the 2-way/3-way oval coaxials come with a rudimentary cross over. Round coaxials (4" / 5.25" / 6.5" usually) don't reproduce bass as wells as 6x9 coaxials do.

However, coaxials are never a match for Components - however much they sound good. The essential difference is that Components produce a coherent sound image (where you can virtually locate voices and instruments in space) which almost none of the coaxials - round nor 6x9 - are able to do. Coaxials are used as rear fill in most cars.
Old 5th November 2013, 17:56   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post

true we all have our own tastes. However iam not discounting the need for sub as i have RFP3 10" in swift and the integration is awesome.

The point is that I would need to put rear comps/ coax, since parents would be using car (verna 2008) mostly and seated at the rear, hence ICE would need to cover that area too, utilizing the 2 ch normally left for sub. Hence would need 2 pairs of speaker which can stand up for lower frequencies in the absence of a sub.

Iam keen to give a shot to Focals starting from Focal FPP4100 and may be a pair of polyglass comps for front and rear (initial budget 50k without HU)

Secondly i could take a Rainbow SL and use its cone in my swift to replace the Rainbow DL cone there which would come to verna and mate with SL tweeters. This way Verna would get DL cone + SL tweeters and Swift would get SL cone + titanium pro tweeters (part of existing DL pro setup)
Then rear would have to be thought, whether i can still buy Focal for rear or pick another pair of Rainbow. Then perhaps amp may need rethink too
but having installed DDC4C in my XUV and Audison in swift, i really want to try Focal in 20k range , however more suggestions are welcome. Where are the audio Gurus , is Navin around ?
Old 5th November 2013, 19:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

If going with Focal amplifiers the right choices would be either the 'Solid' or the FPS series. The FPP is a rebadged Auditor, which is a sub brand of Focal and sold at a fraction of the price.

Quote:
Iam keen to give a shot to Focals starting from Focal FPP4100 and may be a pair of polyglass comps for front and rear (initial budget 50k without HU)

Then perhaps amp may need rethink too but having installed DDC4C in my XUV and Audison in swift, i really want to try Focal in 20k range , however more suggestions are welcome. Where are the audio Gurus , is Navin around ?
Old 10th November 2013, 21:14   #24
BHPian

Thinking of going for 3 way Rainbow sound line front comps for swift , retaining the titanium pro tweeter from DL pro . The sound stage would become more accentuated and sharper. Any thoughts or experiences ?
Old 3rd January 2014, 14:45   #25
BHPian

Re: Silver Swift ICE'D - Rs 150K SQ setup (UPGRADED)

ICE & Price

HU: Pioneer 5590 touchscreen ( 21k)
Front Comps: Upgraded to DYNAUDIO ESOTEC 242 ( 50k) (after 25% disc)
AMP: Audison Lrx 4.1k ( 40k )
Sub: Upgraded to MOREL ULTIMO SC
in a sealed enclosure ( 21k) (clearance price with enclosure)
Wiring : Focal gauge 4 (6k)
Damping: 6 sheets Dynamat (6k)
Rear camera and sensors (3k)

total around 150k post discounts (gross 200k)

Shifted Rainbow DL Pro & Rockford Fosgate P3 8" to XUV

Last edited by Pankaj_Ahlawat : 3rd January 2014 at 14:47. Reason: ommission
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 17:16   #26
BHPian

Re: Silver Swift ICE'D - Rs 150K SQ setup (UPGRADED)

Quote:
ICE & Price

HU: Pioneer 5590 touchscreen ( 21k)
Front Comps: Upgraded to DYNAUDIO ESOTEC 242 ( 50k) (after 25% disc)
AMP: Audison Lrx 4.1k ( 40k )
Sub: Upgraded to MOREL ULTIMO SC
in a sealed enclosure ( 21k) (clearance price with enclosure)
Wiring : Focal gauge 4 (6k)
Damping: 6 sheets Dynamat (6k)
Rear camera and sensors (3k)

total around 150k post discounts (gross 200k)

Shifted Rainbow DL Pro & Rockford Fosgate P3 8" to XUV
Silver Swift ICE'D - Rs 100K SQ setup-kit.jpg

Silver Swift ICE'D - Rs 100K SQ setup-dyna.jpg

Silver Swift ICE'D - Rs 100K SQ setup-morel.jpg
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 00:50   #27
BHPian

nice setup, where did you get the Ultimo from in Delhi NCR ? Does this come with bill & warranty ?
Old 27th January 2014, 23:36   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_sun View Post
nice setup, where did you get the Ultimo from in Delhi NCR ? Does this come with bill & warranty ?
Thanks, I got it from Haresh Jethani from Chennai, got it couriered along with Audison bit 10. Took about 4 days to deliver.
Old 3rd October 2015, 14:36   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I got it from Haresh Jethani from Chennai, got it couriered along with Audison bit 10.
Hi Pankat,

Could you please share/PM cost of Audison Bit 10 and how did you order.

Regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks