Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2006, 07:26   #1

Any USB head unit

Hey everyone,

Is there any headunit with USB support.Actually so that i can connect my 40gb harddrive with mp3 directly instead of burning them on CDs.

Also i would like to know if JBL speakers are better than pioneer.
Old 19th June 2006, 14:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_700a
Hey everyone,

Also i would like to know if JBL speakers are better than pioneer.
Jbl is better than Pioneer only on Mondays and Sundays.... and all the days between the two.
Old 19th June 2006, 15:53   #3
jp1
BHPian

I saw one HU with usb connector and this model is introduced by Pricol and the brand is Xenos, the price is around 8K. I heard this is being mfrd in china and Pricol is importing and marketing it
Old 19th June 2006, 17:40   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Jbl is better than Pioneer only on Mondays and Sundays.... and all the days between the two.
LMAO. I've got to remember that line.
Old 19th June 2006, 20:37   #5
BHPian

Sony has been giving advt on TV about HU with USB, Check that out costs around 8k..
Old 19th June 2006, 21:34   #6
BHPian

hey....Has pio come out anythin like that?....nd the player in the new scorpio has a usb right!...which is that?
Old 20th June 2006, 00:22   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire
hey....Has pio come out anythin like that?....nd the player in the new scorpio has a usb right!...which is that?
Yes. The Scorpios (Fully loaded ones) comes with a HU which has not only a USB port, But also a slot for SD/MMC cards as well. The sad part is that those are some made in PRC (People's Republic of China they say), with any quality hardly in it. The sound is crappy, and the head unit shouts : " I'll die in a day or 2 ". I thought carmakers only fit branded HUs, But was shocked to find this. Maybe Mahindra still remains far from being a carmaker.
Old 20th June 2006, 08:53   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Yes. The Scorpios (Fully loaded ones) comes with a HU which has not only a USB port, But also a slot for SD/MMC cards as well. The sad part is that those are some made in PRC (People's Republic of China they say), with any quality hardly in it. The sound is crappy, and the head unit shouts : " I'll die in a day or 2 ". I thought carmakers only fit branded HUs, But was shocked to find this. Maybe Mahindra still remains far from being a carmaker.
Oh...wel..they sure make some crappy ads tooo......
Old 20th June 2006, 18:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1
I saw one HU with usb connector and this model is introduced by Pricol and the brand is Xenos, the price is around 8K. I heard this is being mfrd in china and Pricol is importing and marketing it
I guess this is for the lower end market and for OE market. Xenos inspects and certifies the quality. It comes with warranty too. Isnt it better than to buy Pioneer with cheap lens and spurious parts from the grey market and get a biting dog??

Buy Pioneer only with bill and warranty, else look at some things like Xenos and Nippon
Old 20th June 2006, 18:51   #10
jp1
BHPian

As per my info, Scorpio comes with Xenos which is marketed by Pricol, made in china which has the USB
Old 22nd June 2006, 11:36   #11
Team-BHP Support

I have seen Pricol stuff and did not care for fit and finish. I did not bother to listen to it becuase I would never use it.
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:51   #12
BHPian

Quote:
I guess this is for the lower end market and for OE market. Xenos inspects and certifies the quality. It comes with warranty too. Isnt it better than to buy Pioneer with cheap lens and spurious parts from the grey market and get a biting dog??
i saw Xenos HU and speaker installed in my friends vehicle. infact he asked me to go for it. i thought of getting pioneer 3050UB w/o W&B after lonnnng searches within in this forum. after reading this again i m confused.
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:32   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkey2 View Post
i saw Xenos HU and speaker installed in my friends vehicle. infact he asked me to go for it. i thought of getting pioneer 3050UB w/o W&B after lonnnng searches within in this forum. after reading this again i m confused.
hey benkey , u have replied to the post after 2 years
no offence meant here...
The problem here is that as u can see this thread would get noticed by newbies like me, because someone has recently posted to a thread that was almost closed/dormant 2 yrs back!
Old 3rd October 2008, 22:38   #14
BHPian

sorry while i was searching for a economy HU this was the one of the few threads i browsed and swapped between them and after seeing XENOS, which my friend suggested i posted without noticing the date.
Old 4th October 2008, 07:15   #15
BHPian

Hey you can try Bass car audio headunit, you can get that from US and its economy HU.

Most Viewed