Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2014, 02:29   #1
Team-BHP Support

Alpine Processor Issue : Help Needed

Hey guys, so I had installed an Alpine PXE-H650 processor in my Accord almost 2 years ago. It had worked flawlessly till a few months ago until I faced an issue.

Sometimes when I started the car no sound would come out of the music system. But after driving for a while when I restarted the music system it would work fine. Slowly the delay got more and more until the sound stopped until I restarted my car the next time I was using it.

Now the amps were getting power, so I thought it may be some electrical issue.

I dropped by Bass&Troubles place, and he said it was a processor issue. He asked me to go to Chandrika electronics who may be able to fix it. When I called that chap he said he wouldn't even look at it. So now I'm in a fix.

Heres the thing, if the processor fuse is pulled out and put back in it suddenly works fine. But I obviously can't do that everytime I start my car. Also on the processor remote, there is an aux and an hu button. When there is no sound if I press the hu button sound comes from the left front speaker.

Sometimes it still works fine when I press the HU button on the processor remote.

I don't really want to buy a new processor, since I'm not sure how long I'll keep the car.

Any suggestions on what I should try, or whom I can show the processor to?

I will have a word with Bass&Trouble again, and try to reset the whole thing and tune it again when he has time. But I have a feeling it wont work.

So navin, ramie, lbm and all you guys please give me your suggestions.

Thanks.
Old 19th January 2014, 13:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Alpine Processor Issue : Help Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Hey guys, so I had installed an Alpine PXE-H650 processor in my Accord almost 2 years ago. It had worked flawlessly till a few months ago until I faced an issue.

Sometimes when I started the car no sound would come out of the music system. But after driving for a while when I restarted the music system it would work fine. Slowly the delay got more and more until the sound stopped until I restarted my car the next time I was using it.

Now the amps were getting power, so I thought it may be some electrical issue.

I dropped by Bass&Troubles place, and he said it was a processor issue. He asked me to go to Chandrika electronics who may be able to fix it. When I called that chap he said he wouldn't even look at it. So now I'm in a fix.

Heres the thing, if the processor fuse is pulled out and put back in it suddenly works fine. But I obviously can't do that everytime I start my car. Also on the processor remote, there is an aux and an hu button. When there is no sound if I press the hu button sound comes from the left front speaker.

Sometimes it still works fine when I press the HU button on the processor remote.

I don't really want to buy a new processor, since I'm not sure how long I'll keep the car.

Any suggestions on what I should try, or whom I can show the processor to?

I will have a word with Bass&Trouble again, and try to reset the whole thing and tune it again when he has time. But I have a feeling it wont work.

So navin, ramie, lbm and all you guys please give me your suggestions.

Thanks.
Sir, I am no electronics whiz, and certainly no expert on these things, but from what you described so far if I may offer a suggestion.
Pic Courtesy:http://www.onlinecarstereo.com
Alpine Processor Issue : Help Needed-alpine_pxeh650.jpg

If your device is the same as the picture , there is an ISO power connector at the back. Can you check if there is continuity in the power lines to/from the fuse. A regular multimeter continuity test will do.

If that checks out OK, then I guess it's time to check out the rest of the circuitry starting with the power circuitry behind that ISO connector. Best of luck!
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks