Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2006, 10:49   #1
jp1
BHPian

Polk audio speaker dealers?

How is polk audio component speakers?. When I searched on the net, I can see lot of good reviews (www.crutchfieldadvisor.com) by users on Polk speakers comparing JBL, Infinity etc. But I dont see any reference to these speakers in these forums. I myself use a set of Polk for my home music system and they are really good. Are these available in India, Blr?. If so at what prices?
Old 4th July 2006, 11:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think Polk Audios are sold through Pro-FX showrooms. I'm not too conversant abt Bangalore, but I recall a Pro-Fx showroom at Barton Center .. MG road.
Old 4th July 2006, 11:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Shuvc... thats for home audio. I think the car audio products are available in Bangalore through Mr Deepak Asrani (Dan). Bangalore members would possibly be able to guide you to his place.

Personally, the only speaker I liked in the Polk range was the Polk Momo MM6 set. Only one worth buying in my opinion.
Old 4th July 2006, 12:03   #4
Team-BHP Support

Polk is ok. I find he sound a bit bright. But then i find everything bright even my future! :-)
Old 5th July 2006, 08:54   #5
jp1
BHPian

polk dealer/prices

I got answers from Polk audio site. The dealer is ADA and they are on Mission road. The price for 5 1/4" db525 is 11K+ and for Momo mm525 is 17K+. This sounds quite high comparing net prices, may be due to import duties
Old 5th July 2006, 09:00   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1
How is polk audio component speakers?. When I searched on the net, I can see lot of good reviews (www.crutchfieldadvisor.com) by users on Polk speakers comparing JBL, Infinity etc. But I dont see any reference to these speakers in these forums. I myself use a set of Polk for my home music system and they are really good. Are these available in India, Blr?. If so at what prices?
i got my self a polk MMC 690 Coax for the Rear..and Polk Momo MMC 6500 Component set for the front...they just sound great....and i love the quality...i would really suggest you to get polk....
Old 5th July 2006, 10:23   #7
Team-BHP Support

I have heard the 6500 and it sounds nice but like so many speakers could do with a touch of a XO makeover.
Old 6th July 2006, 02:10   #8
BHPian

Compos

jp1:
If you like good sound quality clarity and very neat highs, then Buy MB Quart, Some very aggressive prices in Bangalore market, and I am dead sure their speakers sound better than Polk Hands down,
The DSD-213 is a very versatile set, crossover has 3 Db levels for Treble to your listening choice, I have been using it for almost 1 year now,
I bought it from SAS Audio and I think he still should have stock for the 2005 model ones, I paid about 8500 for the set, which is cheap considering the SQ it gives. Maybe the reason for their high quality is they are still made in germany and not china, taiwan etc.
In my opinion they sound better than JBL, Kenwood, or for that matter better than most models of Rockford too.
If you want their number PM me.
Old 6th July 2006, 03:11   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929RON
jp1:
If you like good sound quality clarity and very neat highs, then Buy MB Quart,
In my opinion they sound better...
Not too many people here would agree with you there 929...
Still, one man's meat...
Old 6th July 2006, 09:09   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Not too many people here would agree with you there 929...
Still, one man's meat...
yea..i would'nt agree too...
Old 6th July 2006, 10:56   #11
Team-BHP Support

MB Quart had a change in management af ew years back and what I saw at the last Auto show last year (I think) did not impress me. I wish it had. MBQ used to be one of my favs. What really bugged me though was the people at the stall were not willing to listen to any suggestions.
Old 6th July 2006, 11:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
MB Quart had a change in management af ew years back and what I saw at the last Auto show last year (I think) did not impress me. I wish it had. MBQ used to be one of my favs. What really bugged me though was the people at the stall were not willing to listen to any suggestions.
Earlier RF owned them. They were re-sold last year to Maxxonics and are now in the great company of brands such as Crunch and Autotek. ;-)

Last edited by gunbir : 6th July 2006 at 11:10.
Old 6th July 2006, 14:00   #13
Team-BHP Support

Yeah I know Gunbirji just figured that we'd confused the rest if we discuss this is such detail. Next question will be how does a Crunch amp sound.

Who said a watt is a watt?
Old 7th July 2006, 03:42   #14
BHPian

Well, they were not re sold or anything to Maxsonics, now these are the words of the Hifonics LA Distributor, " MB Quart in Germany is still owned by MB Quart, the US operations ran into trouble and they had their deal with RF Off, as they went bankrupt in the US and they were planning to go back to germany" so now, Maxsonics finances their US sales and operations is the inside story, so they were not exactly taken over by Maxsonics.
coming back to the speaker sound quality, i still believe they are the best Compos available with a 8.5k pricetag.

Navinji : Crunch I dont know, but I have tried the Hifonics Bxi606D, real sexy amp for the price. If you have not then Try it you will know, and the XXX Seris amps by Hifonics are some real brute power, especially the Golaith and Maximus amps. Coming to the point, Hifonics is still an off Brand in US, but they are making some real nice products, they mainly are good with amps, subs I have not seen perform, so would not know.

Last edited by 929RON : 7th July 2006 at 03:47.
Old 7th July 2006, 10:01   #15
Team-BHP Support

Hifonics I have not heard neither have I heard Crunch. I dont think i addressed this issue at all. All I know is that I was told MBQ had a "change in management" and that their staff was not forthcoming at the Car Audio show at the Hyatt in Mumbai about a year or so back.

You see at my age I am used to being treated with some respect and I usually am. MBQ staff were not willing to listen to my needs forget about selling me their stuff.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks