Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2006, 21:38   #1
BHPian

GTO606ce installation for Swift

Hi people,

Just picking up my Swift ZXI tomorrow with the Sony 7810 HU factory fitted. I'm getting another installer to add in the GTO606CE for the front and GTO636 for the rear as per the many recommendations in this forum and the huge car audio thread!

Just that in the car audio thread someone had recommended installing the tweeters on the dash or next to the mirrors. My installer has recommended a hole in the door panel and flush mounted within, and I definitely do not want tweeters sticking out on the dash or out of the mirrors as I prefer a more discrete installation. Is the cutting of the door panel and mounting it OK to do both in terms of aesthetics and sound quality? I searched the net as well as the crutchfield advisor has a good article on compo installations which also has this approach - link here - http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-...de.html?page=4

Thanks and look forward to your inputs - if anyone of you have a pic of your install or any advice then I would love to see it before tomorrow evening before the drill hits the door!
Old 6th July 2006, 23:07   #2
BHPian

Hi!! skiddyrow, Congrats for the new car. As for the components even i have the same GTO607C (new series for GTO606Ce).

Check out the link below to see the tweeter installation.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...e-today-3.html

Well, people were not very satifsifed with the placement of tweeter in my car, but i feel they are perfect because i have two GT4-15 15" JBL woofers. The bass is loud, so the tweeters placed on the pillars do give a nice vocals and high frequencies.
Old 6th July 2006, 23:10   #3
Team-BHP Support

Door panel and A pillars are both fine. Just make sure they do a clean job!
Old 7th July 2006, 01:19   #4
BANNED

SWIFT door panels are very humble fumble made of very cheap plastics! Beware! Think again before you make bigger holes and try to plonk in big speakers!

I've seen problems with couple'a guys who had too many rattling noises after fitting in some good set of speakers there.
Some guy in the forum was also complaining about water coming in and spoilng the speakers too.
Old 7th July 2006, 15:49   #5
BHPian

Thanks for the replies and will post back once I have it done later today. speedzak, the speakers are compos, so the larger speakers will go into the existing panel. The cutout needs to made only for the tweeters which are just over an inch in diameter..
Old 7th July 2006, 17:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

skiddy this is my location for the tweeter may not be liked by may on this fourm butI am happy with it lol......

Old 7th July 2006, 22:28   #7
BHPian

We love it LBM.. why would you think otherwise

And if i remember correct the tweeters earlier were placed on the dash/A-pillar.

So is there a difference in the sound imaging... and for better or worse??
Old 8th July 2006, 01:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

It has improved a lot firstly the sound of the tweeter was a little out of tune but when I moved them below the imaging improved a lot and the extra chin chin has reduced giving a over all clean sound...........
Old 8th July 2006, 10:15   #9
Team-BHP Support

I like the location fine but would have liked to see a custom tweeter pod instead. I fear someone will kick the tweeter soon.
Old 8th July 2006, 10:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I like the location fine but would have liked to see a custom tweeter pod instead. I fear someone will kick the tweeter soon.
Ya navin ji I also fear of getting the tweeter kick thats why I have installed it as high possible so that it does not come in the way.....
Old 8th July 2006, 13:44   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Not by the hair on my chinny...
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
chin chin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks