Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2006, 10:25   #1
BHPian

ICE on a 911

Hi folks,

Well last evenign my cousin took me on a ride on his 911....
I was showing my new ICE on my Xing to him LOL ..... i told him lets compare mine to urs... ... well most of u folks will be aghast as to what I was doing hearing ICE on a 911....well MUSIC is what I live for..so..even thogh the ride was flawless..and quite scary at times with my couisn driving at 120 in GK2 in delhi....The ICE was teh crappiest i have heard...it has a ALPINE+BOSE set up... even thogh the visuals of the console were awesome..the sound was horrible... thogh the car had soem great damping..mayeb due to the plush heavenly leather all around.... You know I sometiems wonder when manufactureres are selling a 80-90 lakh rupee car..why cant they pay soem attention to the ICE... althogh I like the locations of the front speakers..near the armrest... probalby seems higher because you are sitting so low...

Well folks..the ride back home on my XING seemed the worst ever..after the 911.. the ICE however was the greatest...
Old 7th July 2006, 11:01   #2
BANNED

WHY WOULD ANYONE NEED ICE IN A 911.. the music from the Flat 6 behind the driver should be enough.. I mean isn't that what your paying for??
Old 7th July 2006, 11:12   #3
BHPian

I new it folks..I m gonna get it..keep it comin...................
Old 7th July 2006, 11:17   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

The major problem with installling ICE on these cars is the space constraint .. Where can one fix a sub (or two ??) , an amp etc etc when there is space just for two adults to sit .. Think about it ... And lastly like 2l8 said the ICE from that engine is what u buy to listen in the car ..
Old 7th July 2006, 11:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
The major problem with installling ICE on these cars is the space constraint .. Where can one fix a sub (or two ??) , an amp etc etc when there is space just for two adults to sit .. Think about it ... And lastly like 2l8 said the ICE from that engine is what u buy to listen in the car ..
Theres always space for ICE.... like a friend says "Dil mein jagah honi chahiye..."

Dont be on SK's case. This IS the ICE section, all you engine vengine types are ekdum silent till you see some exotic machines this side of the forum. And I was going to post our pics of a Murcielago WITH an ICE setup... but I guess you guys are gonna say hear the engine not the ICE and all that...
Old 7th July 2006, 11:37   #6
BHPian

HEAR HEAR....... so very true Gunbir....
Old 7th July 2006, 11:42   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Theres always.....all that...
Oye Gunbir.. for the few engine veneine one's that post here don't punish the other ICE LOVERS.. but I still say.. you buy a car like that and your REALLY mental if you have to put in ICE to enjoy the drive!
Cya
Old 7th July 2006, 11:53   #8
BHPian

Well I would really liek the gurus comments on the in built ICe available on the a,b,c segment cars available in India..like accord,corolla etc..
The Honda Accord/Corolla ICE wasnt so bad.....have no idea of what makes they have...
Old 7th July 2006, 11:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
you buy a car like that and your REALLY mental if you have to put in ICE to enjoy the drive!Cya
You know what, I agree with you 100%. If I owned a car like that (God are you logged in?, hint hint) I would install an ICE system. But I honestly doubt I would use it much. Ok maybe I will. Cuz I love music, and I also love the engines music.
Old 7th July 2006, 12:06   #10
BANNED

[quote=gunbir](God are you logged in?, hint hint) quote]
Krupiya prateeksha kara.. aapun rangeeth aaha.... please wait you are in Q!

Last edited by 2L8uLoose : 7th July 2006 at 12:07.
Old 7th July 2006, 12:07   #11
BHPian

Porsche 911 can have one of the best ICE setup. There is no other sports car which can accomodate such an elaborate ICE. Thats why its my fav .

One can easily have a three way front stage with 8" midbass in 911's doors + Rear Fills + Two Subwoofers (in cabin)

However the stock Bose OEM sound system sucks big time.

Though I love the sound of 911 on full blast with sports exhaust (with its butterflies wide open) but still I would like to have a good ICE setup in it. I happen to love both.

Last edited by Autophile : 7th July 2006 at 12:17.
Old 7th July 2006, 12:15   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
However the stock Bose OEM sound system sucks big time.
That is an understatement.. it has the typical BOSE sound..the kind u get from a 901... uggh..teh springy sound ..i cant describe it...
The national 2 in 1 I used to own was so much sweeter.....it actaully was quite nice coupled to my Discman...
Old 7th July 2006, 12:20   #13
Senior - BHPian

are, you need to have a good car with good ice. When teh car's parked, dont you thinkit should make right noise? la F&F style.
Old 7th July 2006, 12:28   #14
BHPian

Irony is that a lot of people who owns these exoticas...thinks Bose is the best audio system. They are satisfied with Bose ICE and changing to anything else they consider a downgrade. Its all about snob.

Their homes are filled with Bose Lifestyles. Which according to them is No.1 home audio.
Old 7th July 2006, 14:37   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Bose is garbage. And anyone who knows anything about Audio, will agree with me.

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
. you buy a car like that and your REALLY mental if you have to put in ICE to enjoy the drive!
Cya
And I say, You have to be really mental to drive a car without ICE

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 7th July 2006 at 14:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks