Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2006, 19:30   #31
BHPian

Quote:
I think Chaxy wants to load cartoon videos in his player and entertain his baby when travelling. I am getting similar ideas with my baby on the way.
me too!!!!!

Thanx navin and LBM for ur feedbacks.I will need this after abt 2yrs so will keep this option in mind.
Old 2nd August 2006, 09:47   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
me too!!!!!

Thanx navin and LBM for ur feedbacks.I will need this after abt 2yrs so will keep this option in mind.
for 16K I added a 10 CD VCD/DVD changer and a 5" screen cant see a cheaper simpler option.

Kids have short memories. My son enjoys Mr. Bean as much on thje 10th time as he did the 1st. 10 VCDs/DVDs will keep him/her entertained for years!

Last edited by navin : 2nd August 2006 at 09:48.
Old 2nd August 2006, 10:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
for 16K I added a 10 CD VCD/DVD changer and a 5" screen cant see a cheaper simpler option.

Kids have short memories. My son enjoys Mr. Bean as much on thje 10th time as he did the 1st. 10 VCDs/DVDs will keep him/her entertained for years!
A Pio DVD changer costs 40k right? ( maybe its a standalone unit).
Old 2nd August 2006, 10:19   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
A Pio DVD changer costs 40k right? ( maybe its a standalone unit).
Pioneer has very much less options when it comes to stand alone DVD players. They have some indash lcd dvd units. And only 1 dvd/cd/mp3/wma HU is available and it features only 1 preout.
So if 1 has a good HU and wants to add a DVD player, pioneer has only 1 model here: XDV-P6 and it costs 40k in grey!!

Last edited by speedzak : 2nd August 2006 at 10:21.
Old 5th August 2006, 18:51   #35
NIP
Senior - BHPian

guys...how can i retain my current HU (cd/mp3) and add another DVD player with screen !?

navin...how is the audio from ur DVD changer connected to the HU ?!
Old 5th August 2006, 19:08   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP
guys...how can i retain my current HU (cd/mp3) and add another DVD player with screen !?

navin...how is the audio from ur DVD changer connected to the HU ?!
The most convenient way is to use the IP-Bus connection. You will have to buy the DVD player/ changer from the same brand if they make one, and hook it up, and you can control the DVD changer with your existing head unit in addition to getting track information, cd text etc on your HU's display.

If you're using a different brand, then your head unit needs to have an AUX in feature. This way, the audio can be routed through the HU. Here, you cannot localoze control. So, the DVD player better be mounted in front where you can operate it, or atleast it should have a universally mounteble remote eye.

If you don't have a AUX-in, you can use an FM modulator to transmit the audio from the DVD player. So your Head Unit receives audio information the same way as it would tune to a FM radio station. Evidently, this isn't the best option.
Old 6th August 2006, 11:19   #37
NIP
Senior - BHPian

any idea if theres a pioneer DVD changer i can use with my existing 5xxx HU !?
Old 6th August 2006, 11:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP
any idea if theres a pioneer DVD changer i can use with my existing 5xxx HU !?
yah, ther is. costs 40k i guess for teh indash one check posts by speedzak.
Old 7th August 2006, 19:18   #39
BHPian

Thanks for so many options and answers guys!!!

I researched necvox and Sony LCD screens. necvox is cheaper than sony but the quality of sony is good. The ZVM (creative Zen Vision M) has an A/V out and i could connect to a A/V IN of any LCD. I even tried connecting to a friends 40" LCD which was too good.
Also its a good idea to have a 5.5" screen on dash that can be used for navigating the MP3 files.
Overall its a cheaper and more easier alternative than maintaining DVDs and CDs in the car.
Also i am sure many must be wondering why i bought a ZVM instead of the Ipod. The ZVM plays many diff formats of video and no need to convert the videos like in Ipod. The lcd quality of teh LCD is much better than the ipod.
regards,
-Chaxy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks