Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2006, 10:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

ya navin ji autocop is just for small time player , simpily take out the indicater light short it vola autocop disabled no siren no blinking lights. after break open the window and disable it all.

The WBT connectors is a good option to save our hu from stealing.

Also I was thinking of the screw that i see on a nokia charger i will try the post the pic, the screw is like that you can tighten it only and u will not be able to open it. with this type of screws we can fix our amps so that no one can take them out......
Old 4th August 2006, 10:54   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
You see I had used WBT connectors on the RCA wires I had made to connect his HU to his amp.
Navin, what is this WBT connectors? Can i use it in my car for the HU? Please give some ideas to do that.
Old 4th August 2006, 10:59   #18
BHPian

WBT are lockable RCA connectors. There is a screw type locking system at the back, when tightened it grips the RCA plug hence it does not come off by pulling.

They are expensive and you need to make custom RCA cables terminated with WBT connectors.

Don't rule out the possibility of theif chopping off the RCA Cables and eloping with the HU along with expensive WBT connectors
Old 4th August 2006, 11:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

one more idea take a iron chain weld it to the chassis of the car and the other end to the hu .......no one can break it easily......lol
Old 4th August 2006, 11:20   #20
BHPian

another thing to add here ,ma friend is having a pioneer 5XXX ....he forgets his Face -plates quite often at home........and guess what he is still able to play the stereo.... .....with little tweaking with "machis ke teele".....
Old 4th August 2006, 11:44   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
Don't rule out the possibility of theif chopping off the RCA Cables and eloping with the HU along with expensive WBT connectors
I dont think the average thief comes equipped with much else other than a hammer to break the glass. Usually the hammer is some large stone they can discard as they decamp.

JB, remember I was raised in Brooklyn. Cars were stolen everyday in my neighbourhood. I mean EVERYDAY!
Old 4th August 2006, 11:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofreak
another thing to add here ,ma friend is having a pioneer 5XXX ....he forgets his Face -plates quite often at home........and guess what he is still able to play the stereo.... .....with little tweaking with "machis ke teele".....
Lol. Players like the Pioneer 5750 have a spring loaded switch towards the right side of whats revealed once the face plate is taken off. If that is depressed, then the player powers up, and starts playing. So what your friend is doing is he's prying the match into that switch and keeping it depressed.

However you can't adjust volume, skip songs, use the remote etc.
Old 4th August 2006, 11:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ya b&t this happen same with some sony hu also i had ealier in my car......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks