Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2014, 19:55   #1
BHPian

My Toyota Innova with Pioneer 5690BT + 128GB USB disk

Just in case somebody finds it useful.

I had JVC 810AV double din with detachable panel car audio fitted in 2008. It started giving me problems of frequent disconnecting while playing music. One day I just smashed it face on out of anger. And my search for new car audio began.

After my search, I decided to buy Pioneer 5690BT specifically without detachable panel. I hate that. I bought it online for 21000/ Rs. Player is quite nice for my taste. Only thing is my iPod touch is not giving sound output via ipod cable made by JVC that I am using. It does play song on screen but no audio. I am now certain that the cable is at fault. Probably if I buy one from Pioneer it might work.

Next I wanted iPod solution. Last year my iPod classic was stolen from Wasan Toyota service centre - Chembur and could not retrieve it after lot of hassle. So anyway I never wanted to keep iPod touch in my glove box again to get stolen. USB hard disk was the solution but few Q’s like will it show Album art, and my music collection presently is above 70 GB so never liked to have number small usb disks flying around. I was sceptical of using 128 GB usb disk. Finally I decided to buy one online and I bought HP 128GB USB 3 disk. It came pre-formatted to FAT 32. Transferred all my music. Connected and everything worked like a champ. No issues with bigger usb. Album art showing pretty well. Now no need to keep expensive iPods in the car.

Highlights of the post
1) Do not buy detachable panels, over the years it will start to give you problems of loose connection
2)Pioneer 5690BT is a good car audio.
3)iPhone connectivity via BT is a breeze, no issues.
4)Large capacity USB disk such as 128GB USB 3 disk works well with 5690BT.
5)Playlist won’t go in. Need to create separate folders for playlist. I renamed the folder “01 Playlist” but it is still at the bottom of my artists list. Need to find some solution to bring this folder on top. If anybody knows, please share it.

Thanks.

dineshnan is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks