Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2006, 17:50   #16
NIP
Senior - BHPian

B&T...of course i checked before buying...and the buttons were working !! I dont understand this issue at all !!
Old 7th August 2006, 17:56   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Strangely, I've never heard of the tweeter dB button getting "stuck"
Something is warning me that you have fried your highs and the heat generated could have very well melted the unit that holds the mids and highs.
If it were under warranty, honestly, our service section would have replaced the entire unit that holds the mids and highs. Even though it isn't the fault of the speaker.

I would like to point out once again that no expert here recommends the use of an equalizer (esp. a pioneer 6500) in your car, unless you know precisely what it is made for and use it correctly. I speak for anyone on this or any forum that knows his audio. Mainly because no one knows how to use an equalizer (it is used to equalize the sound, not boost it).
Old 7th August 2006, 18:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I would like to point out once again that no expert here recommends the use of an equalizer (esp. a pioneer 6500) in your car, unless you know precisely what it is made for and use it correctly. I speak for anyone on this or any forum that knows his audio. Mainly because no one knows how to use an equalizer (it is used to equalize the sound, not boost it).
The 6500 is an extinct unit now. It was handy when head units didn't have more than a pair of pre-outs. I'd feel like a bozo to route my signal through one of them. Most head units have electronic equalizers that do the job better, and dont need to go through the 6500s antique rustic electronics.
Old 7th August 2006, 19:56   #19
NIP
Senior - BHPian

B&T...its difficult to juggle thru the menu on the HU everytime u need to adjust the levels of the subs etc...thats the only reason i had it installed...i can control the sound even without lookin at the HU while driving....
Old 7th August 2006, 19:59   #20
NIP
Senior - BHPian

sam....the speakers highs are just fine...so is the low...its only that when the volume is at say "1" (lowest)....i can hear a fluttering sound from one of the speakers...and of course...the buttons remain stuck !! could not take the car to the installer today cause i was busy with a four letter word called 'work'!! will see if i can do that tomm...

sam...is there any way you can check on the stuck buttons issue from jbl !?

Last edited by NIP : 7th August 2006 at 20:14.
Old 7th August 2006, 20:52   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

I already have. There is no occurence of any suck "stuck" buttons.

Was any glue/chemical used during the installation/cleaning process?

You must realise that they are push button switches. Yes, switches can fail and get stuck, but 2 identical switches failing on a pair fit in your car (And you say both were working before), sounds most irregular.
PS- I am in a position to tell you, that yours is the only such case in India (and possibly world-wide)
I recommend you return the speakers to your dealer.
Old 7th August 2006, 22:17   #22
Team-BHP Support

Are the switches exposed? If so did someone keep something heavy like books on them? I have not seen the 937 so excuse the newbie questions. Just covering any uncovered ideas.
Old 7th August 2006, 22:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Are the switches exposed? If so did someone keep something heavy like books on them? I have not seen the 937 so excuse the newbie questions. Just covering any uncovered ideas.
good point Navin.

and http://www.fxaudio.com/caraudio/jbl-speakers-gto937.htm the 937
Old 8th August 2006, 10:55   #24
NIP
Senior - BHPian

no navin...the speakers are not installed flat...they are installed on the side wall of the scorpio...and since the install, no ones been in the rear seats as well...heres how:

Last edited by NIP : 8th August 2006 at 10:58.
Old 8th August 2006, 10:57   #25
NIP
Senior - BHPian

sam...no chemicals or glue was used...my installer is one of the best in town !! this sure beats me...will try and figure this out from him...and will also speak to my dealer....!
Old 8th August 2006, 11:18   #26

Hey Guys,

Not aware what the prob is but i had a similar case in My Marutis JBL 6X9, that too within a week of purchase. However Sam may be right as i too had used a pioneer HU and used to fiddle with equalises often, but again speakers should be able to handle a bit of rough handling what say?
Old 8th August 2006, 12:19   #27
Team-BHP Support

prakash, your JBL's db button got stuck too?
Old 8th August 2006, 12:21   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP
sam....the speakers highs are just fine...so is the low...its only that when the volume is at say "1" (lowest)....i can hear a fluttering sound from one of the speakers...!?
ask your installer to replace these with another pair. the "fluttering" might be a wiring issue (ground loop) and not the speaker.

are the buttons stuck in the "in" or "out" position?
Old 8th August 2006, 14:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
ask your installer to replace these with another pair. the "fluttering" might be a wiring issue (ground loop) and not the speaker.

are the buttons stuck in the "in" or "out" position?
think things get stuck when its "in".
Old 8th August 2006, 14:41   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

He told me his button is stuck while "out", which is why i am baffled.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks