Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2006, 17:26   #1
BHPian

Audio System for Indigo LX

Hi Sam & Friends...

Need your advice.

I am purchasing my first car next week. Its a Tata Indigo LX from RF Motors in cochin.

Q1. Can I have the audio setup done in the same week of purchase or wait for couple of weeks?

Q2. My budget for audio setup is about 15K..can stretch upto 18K. Please advice on which HU,speaker,sub woofer and amp I should go for with price. I would like to purchase all genuine components with bill and gurantee.

Q3. Does Indigo have options to put speakers on the doors, would like to have front and back speakers on the door and a 12"/15" sub in the boot?

Q4. Good reliable car audio dealers in Cochin?

Your suggestions and comments are most welcome...

Cheers,
Iceman

Last edited by icemanz : 13th August 2006 at 17:28.
Old 13th August 2006, 20:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your buy

1) 18k emm; 6k HU ; 6k compos @ frnt + 4k coax at rear + 1k install

2) with 18k a sub and amp? I doubt; unless you have a HU now.

3) Emperor; contact speedzak.( at this very moment he is eating pizzas with 9 tbhpians )
Old 13th August 2006, 20:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

JK.. Emporer has nothing at this range... and given their attitude they might almost make the poor customer sweep their shop floor if they ever entered their shop and proclaimed a budget like that! ... Trust me... I know!!!
Old 13th August 2006, 20:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
JK.. Emporer has nothing at this range... and given their attitude they might almost make the poor customer sweep their shop floor if they ever entered their shop and proclaimed a budget like that! ... Trust me... I know!!!
emm, heard so...maybe he can try the Blau shop and take speedzak along.
Old 14th August 2006, 13:24   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
congrats on your buy

1) 18k emm; 6k HU ; 6k compos @ frnt + 4k coax at rear + 1k install

2) with 18k a sub and amp? I doubt; unless you have a HU now.

3) Emperor; contact speedzak.( at this very moment he is eating pizzas with 9 tbhpians )

Thanks Jkdas,

hey pls tell me howmuch will I have to shell out for amp + sub?

Navin, Sam...guys are you busy with all the festivities this August?? didn't hear from the Gurus !!

Friends, I am total novice when it comes to car audio, all the knowhow I have is extracted from the threads posted on Tbhp. Hence please help me with the specifics- their part nos and price so that I can approach the dealer and quote the same.
Thereby I can atleast be sure that i am not being taken for a ride by the dealer.

Don't know much, but what ever i was able to extract from all the threads I've been thru in our audio sections, it seems I can go in for

1. HU - Pioneer/Sony
2. Front speaker - sony (pls suggest something better - I'ld luv a JBL !!)
3. Rear - JBL (not sure if it will fit my budget)
4. Sub - JBL for sure
5. Amp - sony or anything better that fits my budget. Can't afford a monoblock also at this time, and I should be happy with the output received from 1 good fellow firing all the speaker n sub.

I checked the car today and found enough space to put the front (deck) and rear(rack) speakers. Since I won't be using much of the boot for luggage, I can have a decent sub there. I think a 12" sub should keep me happy.

I can stretch my budget to 25K max, but that will really crunch my pocket. Please tell me what best can I have for this price.

Cheers,
Iceman.

Last edited by icemanz : 14th August 2006 at 13:42.
Old 14th August 2006, 15:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

1) JBL isnt costly. Seems many think so
2) dump Sony get JBL.
3) try Pio 5650 HU 7k? or maybe teh 4series or Sony/blau HU with atleast 2 out.
4) frnt compos + rear co-ax = 10k
5) sony 4 channel amp 4.5k / if you can get Pio 6100/6000/6150~ similar amps
6) rest for install
7) you can get a sub later.

and if you can find a dealer, you maybe able to get all tshe at even lower prices (read grey) but dont cry if somethng goes kaput.
Old 14th August 2006, 16:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

JKD has given you a good config and if you can stretch your budget to about 30k you would be able to fit the woofer also I think. Maybe not JBL but you could definitely get a Pioneer one.
Old 14th August 2006, 16:42   #8
BHPian

buddy whatever u do dont go for a sony hu.
Old 14th August 2006, 21:53   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
1) JBL isnt costly. Seems many think so
2) dump Sony get JBL.

and if you can find a dealer, you maybe able to get all tshe at even lower prices (read grey) but dont cry if somethng goes kaput.
Thanks Jkdas,
seems I should get in touch with SAM and get a good JBL config from him. May be I should wait and pick up the entire kit when I go down to Mumbai in Sep-Oct (Can't wait that long thou).

Cheers,
ICEMAN.
Old 15th August 2006, 08:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

you can contact AM Distributors and say you knw Sameer bhai ( donno if my name would work :P) .

A sedan can take lot of ICE stuff and hence I suggest you built it slowly. If you are buying Sony or Blau HU, get B&W, as they are worth with B&W. Pio HU with B&W can be too costly.

IF GTO series are too costly for you, you can get CS series co-ax for rear, BUT please get a compo for the front. Old GTO compos (GTO 506Ce or GTO 606Ce) , if available with AM can be bought at a lower price with B&W as new GTO 607Ce series are out. I can help you with buying if you come to TVM
Old 15th August 2006, 14:22   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Emperor has stuff for this price. They're the only dealers we can go for reliable audio and installs.
And for the attitude problem, just give my name!

I would suggest to go for Hertz speakers. Their DSK series are in the same price category of JBL. And the quality is far better (SAM, No offence please!) I would suggest you go for DSK130 compos for front, and Dieci Co-axial 6X9 for the rear. Get grey PIO 5850 HU or a B&W blaupunkt HU (Havent heard those).

ICEMAN! no need to pick up stuff from Bombay unless you like to have a big cargo bill!!

PM me for more info. (I am not eating PIZZAS now)

Last edited by speedzak : 15th August 2006 at 14:25.
Old 15th August 2006, 15:50   #12
BHPian

Thanks for the info JK & Speedzak.

JK, coming down to TVM w'ld be diff for me.
Speedzak...I'll wait to hear from Navin, SAM & Gunbir as well. heard from 2 Guru's now 3 more to go..hope I've not missed any more Gurus here....

I see a lot of sense in what Jk said...since my budget is just 25K at the moment...I should stick to a minimal config and buy rest of them as days go by.

So to start with I guess I can go for a good Pioneer/Blau HU, JBL compos for Front and JBL/Blau coax for rear. Play them on the power from HU till OCT and buy a good Amp. In Dec i can get a monoblock and a sub.
I hope that's a right choice of HU and speakers I've made...

Now!! please help me with model nos/part nos and exact price for following :-
Fill in the blanks

1> HU - Pioneer (#- )&(Rs- )/ Blau (#- )&(Rs- )
2> Front compos - JBL(#- )& (rs- )
3> Rear coax- JBL(#- )& (rs- )/Blau (#- )& (rs- )/Pio(#- )& (rs- )

Don't forget the budget of 25K while u suggest n guys no GREY only WHITE. I've had bad experiences with grey stuff in the past..hence would prefer B&W.

BTW am getting delivery of my car on 22nd aug, I am going thru the predelivery checklist and preparing myself. Thanks to TBHP!!

Cheers,
ICEMAN

Last edited by icemanz : 15th August 2006 at 15:55.
Old 16th August 2006, 07:13   #13
BANNED

Please dont count me as a GURU. Because that'll be an insult to the GURUs here!!!

I would suggest:
Pio\Blau\Alpine HU. 8k
Front components. 6k
Rear co-axials. 2.5k
4channel amp. 6k
12" Subwoofer. 3k

Get the stuff from a good dealer and they'll do the installation free. The quality of cables will be just ok.

If you're really serious about ICE, then here's my revised key upgrade plan.

Get a basic setup to start off with. Upgrade gradually. One or two at a time. Order can be changed according to your tastes.

Basic setup.
HU with 3 pre-outs. 15k.
4" co-axials for the front. 2k.
6.5" co-axials for the rear. 3k.
Something which costs 20k. (Can be changed acoording to your budget)

Once you have a basic setup, then you can start gathering dough for your upgrades.

1. Change the front speakers to a nice set of components. (price range: 5.5k to 16k)

2. Get a nice 4channel amp. Power the components from the 2channels of the amp. And the co-axials can be powered by the other 2 channels. (price range: 4k to 16k and above)

3. Get yourself a SUB. Bridge 2 channels of the amp to power the sub. and let the rear co-axials be powered from the HU for the time being.(price range: 4k to 20k and above)

4. Time for a Monoblock amp. Power the SUB using this and use the old amp's 2 channels to power the rear co-axials. (price range: 16k to 1L and above)

5. Now, you'll have to do some sound dampening. That can be done using Dynamat or wurth kind of sound proofing stuff. All the unwanted noises, jarrings and vibrations should be stopped by getting a nice sound damping job.

6. Get another SUB. 2 SUB setups are great sounding too. Power both SUBs from the monoblock. (price range: 4k to 20k and above)
Or change your old SUB and get yourself a better sounding, higher power handling SUB (expensive it will be). (price range: 9k to 30k)

7. While doing these changes make sure you use only connection audison, MonsterCable or some other exotic cables. (price range 6k to 16k)

8. Time for a new HeadUnit. Maybe a DVD playing one.(price range: 20k to 90k)

9. Yes, LCDs!! 2 in the headrests, 1 dash mounted.

10. Nay, This car is not enough, So get another one!

Last edited by speedzak : 16th August 2006 at 07:28.
Old 16th August 2006, 14:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

ZAK!! You are getting more 'n more frightening day by day man!!

Last edited by kb100 : 16th August 2006 at 14:50.
Old 16th August 2006, 17:38   #15
BANNED

Quote:
ZAK!! You are getting more 'n more frightening day by day man!!
Are'nt you guys responsible for making me what I am now??

BTW, nobody will be following me and my crazy ideas. So it's still considered safe! Is'nt it??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks