Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2015, 11:53   #1

Skoda: Automatically switches from radio to Bluetooth audio (iPhone 6)

Dear Friends,

I own a 2013 Skoda Laura L&K with the Bolero audio system. I had a few months ago replaced my phone with an iPhone 6, ever since I changed my phone I have been facing this following problem.

The phone is connected to the car via the stock Bluetooth set-up that came along with the car. When listening to the Radio, the music system automatically changes to bluetooth music with ANY sort of input/ message to the phone. And I have to manually change the audio back to Radio every single time. By any input/ message I mean it changes from radio to bluetooth if I receive a whatsapp message, a text message, email, I unlock the phone, sometimes even when the phone is plugged into the internal charger.

And this began only after I changed my phone to an iPhone6. My previous phone was the iPhone 5s. So I'm absolutely confused as to why this would happen, and its extremely frustrating at times.

Anybody have any solutions for this?

Last edited by GTO : 12th June 2015 at 13:33. Reason: Typo
carcrazy10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 13:55   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda: Automatically switches from radio to Bluetooth audio (iPhone 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy10 View Post
And this began only after I changed my phone to an iPhone6. My previous phone was the iPhone 5s. So I'm absolutely confused as to why this would happen, and its extremely frustrating at times.

Anybody have any solutions for this?
The simplest solution I have is to switch the Bluetooth of the iPhone off when it is in the car. I do this regularly because I am usually chauffeured and my phone (iPhone 5s) would connect to the car's stereo (Camry) each time I sit in the car.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 14:12   #3

I have considered that. Unfortunately for me, most of the time I drive, and the handsfree is blessing. The odd thing is that this began only after I changed my phone from an iPhone to an iPhone, just hoping someone on this forum has faced a similar problem and has a solution. I think the solution may lie in the phone settings, but I've tried everything to no avail.

I guess you're right, if all else fails, the simplest solution would be to turn off bluetooth or the radio.

Hoping for the best!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th June 2015 at 14:14. Reason: rite > right. Please avoid SMS lingo while posting on the forums. Thanks!
Old 12th June 2015, 14:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Disabling the bluetooth streaming/audio service would prevent this from happening. The phone however remains paired and enables call feature.
nitinbose is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 14:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

I own a 2013 Skoda Laura L&K with the Bolero audio system. I had a few months ago replaced my phone with an iPhone 6, ever since I changed my phone I have been facing this following problem.

The phone is connected to the car via the stock Bluetooth set-up that came along with the car. When listening to the Radio, the music system automatically changes to bluetooth music with ANY sort of input/ message to the phone.
Have you checked if there is any setting in iPhone which can prevent this? E. g. the setting about notification or bluetooth. If the default setting in your iPhone6 is different from iPhone5, this can happen.

In Android, we have profiles, like General, Silent, Meeting, Driving etc. Each profile has set values of ringtone, vibrations etc. Do you have such profiles in iPhone? If yes, pl check if it is possible to turn off the notifications in CAR profile. When you drive, you select this profile.
Old 12th June 2015, 15:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

Have the same issue in my Jetta as well. I choose to ignore it.
Old 12th June 2015, 16:11   #7
Team-BHP Support

Why don't you turn off the pass-through for audio notifications via bluetooth (I'm guessing BT phone calling will still work after doing this).

Have you tried this :

Quote:
Once your BT headset (or car stereo, etc.) is connected, double press the home button and flick it twice right (moving to the items to the left). Next to the volume slider, if the rectangle with the triangle is blue, it is sending the sound alerts to a BT connected device. If it is, you can click it right there and quickly switch it. Please note that the button won't even be there if no Bluetooth devices are connected. Last note, you will have to manually change this setting each time your BT device connects :-( Hopefully Apple will add a setting in the BT area where we can default to sound alerts to phone or ... BT connected device. Thanks again DAfromNY!!
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=15&tstart=0

This was from a year back, so perhaps now it will remember the setting, after the latest updates.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th June 2015 at 16:17.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 16:38   #8
BHPian

There is an option in VCDS to autoplay BT audio when the phone gets paired. Go to Radio module (or may be Telephone module) and deselect it. Your problem will be solved.

I had this option ON in the beginning and later turned it off.

Isn't that option available in the media setup within the HU also? I don't have the car with me to confirm this but I think there is an option.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 12th June 2015 at 16:48.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 19:59   #9
BHPian

Seems some batches of RCD-510s have this known issue of auto BT streaming despite of turning it off from the media setup menu. It is discussed in several VW forums, one of which is - http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...emium-8-stereo

However both RCD 510 & RNS 510 I used did not have this issue. It works if I turn that feature ON and does not auto stream BT otherwise. Have used iPhone 4, 5 & 6 without this issue.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 12th June 2015 at 20:14.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 14:41   #10

Thanks Friends!

Post from @ajaypjayaraj was a solution. It was as simple of de-selceting the "autoplay BT audio when phone gets paired".
carcrazy10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 15:14   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Friends!

Post from @ajaypjayaraj was a solution. It was as simple of de-selceting the "autoplay BT audio when phone gets paired".

I was kinda hoping that your HU din't have that issue mentioned in other forums. Glad to know its resolved without having to get into all that!

Cheers
Old 14th June 2015, 21:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

I had faced somewhat similar issue courtesy 'bluetooth streaming' on JVC HU. JVC HU used to play media ONLY from paired phone & not allow playing music via other source. I had to stop bluetooth audio in JVC HU & keep bluetooth pairing only for voice calls.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks