Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2006, 17:12   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Thanks for the feedback, but it still is a lot of tech jargon.

navin, can you please help and summarize the total package of the music system indicating the brand name and model number so that I can decide.
He said it very clearly in his post 12.
Anyway i will try to explain what he means...

Buy HU worth ~5k
sony 554 amp ~4k [504 previously??]
Pio306 sub in ported box 4-5k
wiring+install-2k.
Buy coax if u have some more money~3k
Run pio sub+ur pio6"sub from 554 amp in bridged mode,if 554 is 4-ch one.
Use ur tweeters at ront powered by HU's int. amplifier.
Old 15th September 2006, 17:31   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, but it still is a lot of tech jargon.

navin, can you please help and summarize the total package of the music system indicating the brand name and model number so that I can decide.
HU: 7K (any Pio, Sony, Blaupunkt with 3 pre out).
Amp: Sony 554 5K (4 ch. amp)
Sub: Pio 306F sub with ported box: 4K
Front: pair of 5" coax 3K JBL CS series will do.
---------------

use left overs from old system. tweeters, 222amp and 6" sub?

stick Pio 306F sub in trunck power with 2 ch. of 554 amp bridged
stick 6" sub under passenger seat power with Sony 222
install 5" coax in front power with other 2 channels of 554 amp (stereo)
stick TS20 with crosssover in rear speaker pods power from HU rear channel.

306C will given you Bass (lots of it)
TS20 will give you treble (lots of it)
5" coax might give you something worth listening to if you can hear it over the Bass and the Treble
Old 16th September 2006, 00:57   #18
BANNED

NavinJi,
Dont you think this will be a SOUND system rather than a MUSIC system?
He should get 2 306F Subs. F is better than anything for this setup! he should avoid the coaxials for now. Later the bass will shake him and the neighborhood, then it'll be time for some real music. He can get some speakers then. For now, lot of bass (2 306F powered by 4channel amp & 6" by 222) and treble (TS20).
Old 16th September 2006, 10:01   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
NavinJi,
Dont you think this will be a SOUND system rather than a MUSIC system?
He should get 2 306F Subs...For now, lot of bass (2 306F powered by 4channel amp & 6" by 222) and treble (TS20).
Then this system will be named "Bass and Trouble"!
Old 16th September 2006, 13:15   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

RS and Navin, thanks for your inputs, theres so much crossover opinions, my head is getting tizzy

a.) Let me make my requirement ultra-simple ( if you read my 1st post) i thought it was clear, maybe my statement of xtra bass and treble tipped things over.

I already have Pioneer Woofers, Sony 222 AMP ( I do not want to buy these 2 items again)

And, I thought i just need to buy good/powerful pair of rear and front speakers and a damn good HU and i am all set.

At the moment, iam not game for 2 woofer set-up, maybe later.

So let me know accordingly.

Woofer: I have it already
AMP: I have it already
HU: Let me know the brand and model name ( good one), i dont mind spending 8-10K
Rear Speakers: Real good ones with nice wattage ( JBL???)

What do you all mean by saying co-axial? wats the difference?
Old 16th September 2006, 15:57   #21
BANNED

I want to make a statement!!!

Mobike007+1,
Please read thru the glossary thread to get an Idea of ICE terminology. Dont worry, it's not much confusing to read. Otherwise, you'll be left out from the beautiful world of ICE!!!

And with your last post, you've confused things more. You were very certain of MAKING A STATEMENT outside the car and you have asked for it twice!! All the replies you got were pretty much based on that. And now you're saying about keeping it simple. If you want to just add some components to your existing setup according to your last post, then never think about MAKING STATEMENT factor!!

The Bass created by 6" will be not adequate even for a normal setup. Unless one does'nt have the moolah in his and car or pocket, nobody considers buying these. But in your case, you already have those so it can just become part of your setup. That's all. The real bass as you wanted earlier will only come from a 15" or 12" subwoofers. And we recommended 306F because it's a free air type. When mated to a Ported or a Bandpass setup, these can move a lot of air and can cause Bass heavy setups.

As your budget was 15k+, we recommended to go for 2 subs which cost around 6k and a 4channel amp costing 4k and a HU costing 6k. Total= 16k. And you'd have got a very bass heavy setup which can make more than statement. But these setups wont be any musical. And one will get tired of it very easily (one cannot carry on making statement for long) and will like to actually listen to some music.

So, if you dont want to make any statement but wants a good sounding system, then do this:
Get a decent HU from Pioneer/ Blaupunkt/ Kenwood. 6K.
Get a 6.5" component speaker system for the front and power it from your HU. 6K.
Plonk your 6" woofers in the rear. Power it from your 222 amp.

Sony 222 is an old 2channel amp. I have listened to it in many setups and found it not very good for music. It's ok to power 1 subwoofer in bridged mode. But again in your case, you have one lying. So just make it part of your install. Later you can buy on 4channel amp and power the speakers from it. And if you want you can add a 12" sub too.

These are Bandpass Diagrams:

And these are ported diagrams:

You can get more info about different boxes over here.

Hope this solves your mistery!!
Old 18th September 2006, 10:48   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Woofer: I have it already
AMP: I have it already
HU: Let me know the brand and model name ( good one), i dont mind spending 8-10K
Rear Speakers: Real good ones with nice wattage ( JBL???)

What do you all mean by saying co-axial? wats the difference?
You drive a Viva. The rear speaker pods are too small for anything that can make a statement. You will need a good Sub to do that.

Like Zak saind the 6" you got can hardly be called a woofer. I use 2 6.5" wofoers in my car as a temporary fix till my custom sub is built and they really only manage to reproduce stuff to 40Hz hardly a subwoofer.

If you want to make a statement you would need atleast a good 12"/15"/18"/21" sub. A few very good 10" subs can also make a statement but they are expensive. The cheapest bass option for you is a Pio 306F or 306C that sells for about 3K. The 306C is designed to work in small selaed boxes and the 306F is designed to work in a properly sealed MDF rear deck (like an Accent). However you have a Viva. A Viva is a notch/hacthback. I use a similar car (Octavia) and a well made box in the trunck will produce enough bass in the cabin. So 4K used for a subwoofer and a box.

The Sony 222 is not capable of powering the Pio 306F/C adequaltly. Hence the cheapest option is the Sony 552 at 3K. The 222 however can adequately power the 6" midbass you have.

11K left...

I'd get a HU for 7K with atleast one preout for the 552. Pioneer makes a nice one. Forget model number (just make sure you get a BILL and A warranty etc...).

That leaves 4K which I'd suggest you spend on a pair of 6" coax for the front doors.

This is what I would do...
a) Connect pre out of HU to 552 amp and 552 amp to Pio woofer in box in trunk face sub box to the rear of the car.
b) connect rear speaker out of HU to 222 amp (via speaker to line level adapter if needed) and connect 222 to 6" sub also in trunk. Also connect the rear speaker out from HU to the 2 TS20 Pio tweeters (via the supplised crossovers). The Pio tweeters and the 6" woofer will now fade with the rear fader.
c) connect the front speaker out of the HU to the 6" coax in the front doors.

The TS20 tweeters and 6" woofer can hence be faded in and out of the system as you feel fit. My guess is that you might be happy with the sound of the Pio sub and front speakers and might not feel the need to fade in the 222 amp+6"woofer and Pio tweeters.

Hope this helps.
Old 18th September 2006, 11:18   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

I am looking to buy a good HU and rear speakers for my new car and my budget is around 12K-15K

Can somebody suggest the model number and any website link where i can check it out.

Also, pls suggest a good ICE installer in Hyderabad

Thanks !!
Old 18th September 2006, 11:30   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am looking to buy a good HU and rear speakers for my new car and my budget is around 12K-15K

Can somebody suggest the model number and any website link where i can check it out.

Also, pls suggest a good ICE installer in Hyderabad

Thanks !!
what car? Is it the Viva?
Old 18th September 2006, 11:44   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
what car? Is it the Viva?
yup Navin, I need to buy a good HU and rear speakers, do you think JBL are good speakers, if yes, which model to go for?
Old 18th September 2006, 11:49   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Navin, i didnt see your detailed reply above, it really solved all my problems, any idea of a good ICE installer in hyd? Thanks mate !
Old 18th September 2006, 15:20   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
do you think JBL are good speakers?
Yes JBLs are nice. Alpines are too. JBL's got a nice 6x9 that has this little button that goes IN and OUT and IN and OUT....wait I am getting another idea. :-)
Old 18th September 2006, 15:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes JBLs are nice. Alpines are too. JBL's got a nice 6x9 that has this little button that goes IN and OUT and IN and OUT....wait I am getting another idea. :-)
Navin you've been hanging out with Sam again haven't you
Old 18th September 2006, 16:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well, well, well, is that our navin talking or what ? JBLs, Sam, in and out...what is the connection, maan ? i really dont know.
Old 18th September 2006, 17:08   #30

hi

mobike ji,
go for pioneer 6850 HU it will cost 9600 in grey/15490 in warrenty
its a damm good system and
JBL 300w co axiel speakers for back - 4800
JBL 40 W RMS speakers for front-1800

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks