Team-BHP - Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/173375-review-rcd-330g-vws-2016-head-unit-polo-vento-ameo-14.html)

On the "System Information" option of the RCD 330G, there is an option to "Update Software". Where does one get info that there is an update? If there is one, how does one update the software?

August 2017 version of Ameo's e-brochure mentioned Android Auto for highline plus.

Can anyone confirm the player model in new Ameo?
I own a 2016 Vento TSi with RCD330G. Last I checked, Ameo had the same RCD330G a few months ago.

Does that mean, Android Auto is enabled on RCD 330G via firmware upgrade?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sriharsha_m87 (Post 4259033)
Does that mean, Android Auto is enabled on RCD 330G via firmware upgrade?

Hi Sriharsha, the HU is definitely not RCD 330G, as the pictures clearly show missing CD Player. The Highline plus specifications also confirm the missing CD Player.
From the looks (Missing CD Player, placement of Mic) it looks to be the elder brother, 6.5 inch RCD 330G Plus.

I was thinking of purchasing RCD 330G Plus with Apple Play, but looks like I should hold on to my existing HU for sometime till the latest Android Auto enabled 330G Plus is available on Ali Express.

Thanks for the update Sri.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meetzap (Post 4259113)
Hi Sriharsha, the HU is definitely not RCD 330G, as the pictures clearly show missing CD Player. The Highline plus specifications also confirm the missing CD Player.
From the looks (Missing CD Player, placement of Mic) it looks to be the elder brother, 6.5 inch RCD 330G Plus.

Thanks for the update Sri.

Ah, I overlooked the image of player in the brochure. Noticed the differences you pointed out. It is indeed 330G Plus then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swissknife (Post 4253407)
On the "System Information" option of the RCD 330G, there is an option to "Update Software". Where does one get info that there is an update? If there is one, how does one update the software?

Does anyone have any info on where one can check if there is an update for this and how to install it if there is an update?
please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by swissknife (Post 4304759)
Does anyone have any info on where one can check if there is an update for this and how to install it if there is an update?

Hi swissknife,

An update can be installed by copying the update software in SD card, unfortunately no update has been released for RCD330G till now.

Regards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by antardaksh (Post 4308477)
Hi swissknife,

An update can be installed by copying the update software in SD card, unfortunately no update has been released for RCD330G till now.

Regards.

Thanks for your response,antardaksh. Would you know where one should look for and download updates, if and when they are released?

Quote:

Originally Posted by swissknife (Post 4308531)
Thanks for your response,antardaksh. Would you know where one should look for and download updates, if and when they are released?

Hi swissknife,

Apologies for the delay in response.

As far as I know no update has been released for this head unit (RCD 330G with CD drive), Since they have released a newer version of head unit I doubt if anything will be released in future.

Regards.

Hi, does anyone know how to set the clock on the RCD330G? Had a look through all the menus but unable to find any settings! Thanks for your help

Quote:

Originally Posted by s4ch (Post 4404701)
Hi, does anyone know how to set the clock on the RCD330G? Had a look through all the menus but unable to find any settings! Thanks for your help

I know how to set the clock in RCD330G plus, this should work for the RCD330G as well.

You need to turn off the radio by the power button and then do the following - On - Off - On - press Mute button and this should adjust the hours.

Similarly to adjust the minutes you need to turn off the radio and then - On - Off - On - Off - On - press Mute button.

Hope this helps.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk (Post 4404725)
I know how to set the clock in RCD330G plus, this should work for the RCD330G as well.

You need to turn off the radio by the power button and then do the following - On - Off - On - press Mute button and this should adjust the hours.

Similarly to adjust the minutes you need to turn off the radio and then - On - Off - On - Off - On - press Mute button.

Hope this helps.:)

Thanks, but unfortunately couldn't get this to work. However, adjusting the time on the speedo console has also updated it on the head unit! So solved now!

Also, while we're on the topic...is the RCD330G plus a direct replacement for the RCD330G (no VCDS tweaks or cabling mods required)? I am really only looking for reasonably priced solution to get android auto and apple CarPlay. Confused whether to buy from AliExpress or Vagtune. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s4ch (Post 4405200)
is the RCD330G plus a direct replacement for the RCD330G (no VCDS tweaks or cabling mods required)? I am really only looking for reasonably priced solution to get android auto and apple CarPlay. Confused whether to buy from AliExpress or Vagtune. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Yes, its a direct replacement. I'd suggest aliexpress because I bought from there and it will be cheaper at around 18k after customs, although Vagtune is not bad at 22k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immix (Post 4405303)
Yes, its a direct replacement. I'd suggest aliexpress because I bought from there and it will be cheaper at around 18k after customs, although Vagtune is not bad at 22k.

Great thanks! I guess the same applies for R340G too?

Also is Aidu Auto a good seller on AliExpress?

Quote:

Originally Posted by s4ch (Post 4405487)
Great thanks! I guess the same applies for R340G too?

Also is Aidu Auto a good seller on AliExpress?

Yes, applies to R340G as well. Aidu Auto seems to be a good seller. It has been around selling these units for quite some time now. I'd check user feedback on their product page just to be sure.

Hey Guys,

Am planning to upgrade my ICE and zeroed on RCD 340G Part Number 6RF 035 187E, Hardware 565. I believe the 187C is what the stock Polo comes with.

I somehow could not understand difference between 187C Vs 187E, any ideas here.

Yatch Science is selling this for $225 and I reckon I would need a ISO Quadlock connector ($15) for my 2013 Vento.

Does this look good, would I need to include/exclude anything.

Thanks,
Raul