Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2006, 10:14   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
911 (997) has the one of the best speaker locations in its class....and it can surely have a class act system..
I wouldn't know really. Mine was an old 84 Carrera, with two 4*6 aimed at your ankles and two 4*6 on the rear seat (!!) back. All four enclosures were really tight.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 5th October 2006, 10:28   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne
I wouldn't know really. Mine was an old 84 Carrera,.
I was based my comments on my expereince in the 80s (mostly between '84 and '88). I can only assume from JB's post that the newer models are more 'ICEable'.
Old 5th October 2006, 11:53   #18
BHPian

yes the ICE i heard was in a '05 model ..
Old 26th October 2006, 17:47   #19
BHPian

Install update

Finally got around to doing the upgrade. Went to Driven in Mayapuri for the install. Here is what I now have:

HU: Though I had decided on a Pioneer 6850, after listening to a Kenwood (in Driven's accord), decided to go for one. I realized I preferred it to the brighter sound of the Pioneer. Got the Kenwood KDC-X 8529 which drives all 4 speakers.

Front: Hertz DCX 100 (only 4" would fit on the front kick panel and I didn't want to cut the door pads and make a custom enclosure for bigger drivers)

Rear: Hertz DCX 165. Again the speaker would not fit the stock location so a spacer was used. I think it also improved low freq performance.

Sub: Infinity BassLink II powered sub. For the size (about 1 cubic foot), it sounds very good to my non-audiophile ears. It has a 10" square driver plus a 10" passive radiator, mated to a 250 watts amp. It will not give great back massages but effortlessly fills the huge interiors of the Landcruiser with solid bass without being boomy.

Overall, am mighty pleased with the results (and yes, I did exceed my budget ). Audison speaker wires were used along with Infinity cable set which came with the sub and the quality of install was also excellent. I had a good time talking ICE with Driven and Manveet. Big thanks to Driven for spending his time, letting me try different options and finally decide what I wanted.

My ICE still requires the PS2 and cheapo LCD screen. Will update again as and when it's done, hopefully in near future.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 27th October 2006, 09:58   #20
Team-BHP Support

BTW what did you pay for the Bass Link II. I was looking to get one from my mom's NHC.
Old 27th October 2006, 10:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
BTW what did you pay for the Bass Link II.
I'm interested to know too. I didn't know the Bass Link II was available in India. A friend of mine with a Swift needs some bass without losing space.

And Navin, is every member of your family an Audiophile? This is really nice!
Old 27th October 2006, 11:02   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok
And Navin, is every member of your family an Audiophile?
They'd better be. I'd disown them otherwise. OT: Last night my FIL was driving around 4/7 bungalows Andheri in his Swift (he has racing stripes on them) and a bunch of young men asked him where he got the music system and the stripes. Boy was he pleased as a peach.
Old 27th October 2006, 13:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
BTW what did you pay for the Bass Link II. I was looking to get one from my mom's NHC.
Not sure but I think it was around 16K. So people are aware of the Basslink. It was the first time I was hearing about one when Driven showed it to me.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 27th October 2006, 14:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne
Not sure but I think it was around 16K. So people are aware of the Basslink. It was the first time I was hearing about one when Driven showed it to me.
16K sounds ok. And yes, the Basslink is pretty famous. The Basslink (I) and the Kenwood WooX were the best compact active subs around a few years back when I was looking for one. There were no active subs available in India then. (After a very small period with a puny Blaupunkt active sub I managed to get, I ultimately sacrificed half my boot for a 12" sub and amp). Now I think there are other options, but the BassLink (now the second iteration) is still among the best.

And pretty good setup in your LC, RedOne. Your money has really been spent well. Nice choice of speakers, and excellent choice of wiring.
Old 27th October 2006, 21:25   #25
BANNED

Ps2 experience is very nice in car. Get it connected soon man!
Did you get a power adapter for it? The dc - ac converter failed in my setup.

I fabricated a good 12v to 8.5v converter with a 6A rating and kept it under the carpet near the dash far from RCA cords.
And Wow! It was great.

Now, my car is smashed and in pieces. Otherwise, I should've given you a demo while you were here.
Old 27th October 2006, 23:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

RedOne,

Congrates for ur install.
If possible do post some pics..

BTW What is that Infinity BassLink II ?

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 27th October 2006, 23:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
BTW What is that Infinity BassLink II ?