Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2016, 19:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Maruti cars to come with Harman audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I can guess mate
I meant the very horse who is authorized to make such shout outs
Besides, this is one such great move which is going the change the car infotainment system dynamics in India. Connected car is going to enter into space never imagined earlier. Having volumes of this scale is going to boost technology and bring down costs considerably. I am thrilled to see how next decade is going to shape up. If Government acts smart and puts in safety regulations in place tied with technology, there can't be easier ways to implement with players like Harman entering in such big way.
Thilak29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 20:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

This is a really good move by Maruti Suzuki. Why break your head over car audio and acoustics when there are experts in the field who can do it for you.

I have burnt my fingers meddling with car audio. There is no end to it and this is without even trying to achieve perfect car audio sound. All I am looking for is good sound. There are so many variables when it comes to designing a sound system for a car. Gone are the days where popping in a decent set of speakers solves your problem.

I've made this mistake twice and on two different cars. I pop in a new system and most of the evaluation is done without the engine running. Sounds great. Pay the installer and I'm off, only to realize that with the engine running, car moving and air conditioning, I've lost close to 50% of bass that I originally heard. I am also surrounded by ambient noise which may end up killing other frequencies.

All of the above problems are addressed when a car manufacturer works with a reputed car audio designer. They do all the testing for you so you don't have to break your head. I much rather prefer this over endless trips to a car audio installer who knows nothing about the acoustics of your car.

Last edited by GTO : 15th September 2016 at 09:39. Reason: Typo
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 07:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I don't think there is any exclusive relation between the two (Harman & Reverse parking system). AFAIK, reverse parking system integration is possible with host of other Infotainment system brands. Nothing unique about Harman.
Yes its possible with any brand. I was telling about this movement towards infotainment system from the current stereos they use. Reverse parking system without camera can be installed without an Infotainment system.
Old 15th September 2016, 09:41   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Why break your head over car audio and acoustics when there are experts in the field who can do it for you.

I have burnt my fingers meddling with car audio. There is no end to it and this is without even trying to achieve perfect car audio sound. All I am looking for is good sound. There are so many variables when it comes to designing a sound system for a car.
Well said! Give me a high quality factory install over an after-market unit any which day. Factory fit is factory fit. Enough said.

A related thread - link.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 09:51   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

While this is a very welcome news, they first need to improve the build quality, the quality of the interior plastic trims and better NVH control. Only then one can experience the true magic of Harman.
I own a WagonR VXi which has got an OE music system. After some tuning of the custom equalizer settings, it sounds too good to be true; clear with very good bass. The box like dimension might be helping the cause and for once, I am not complaining about the car's design. On the other hand, I get to drive a Baleno Alpha quite frequently and its stock unit sounds inferior to my car. I have tried the custom settings too but have never been happy.

Why I complain about the build quality and interior plastics? Since the time my car was 2 years old, whenever I jack up the volume beyond the half way mark, the right rear door panel starts rattling. The door being just behind the driver seat, it spoils the whole experience. Since I wanted to upgrade the stock speakers, I brought this problem to MASS's notice. They tried but couldn't fix it fully. Finally, I gave up the upgrade plans as these panels can't withstand even better speakers most likely. I can already see small rattles creeping into the 4.5 month old Baleno.

Regarding NVH, the 3-cyl K10 engine is definitely very loud (in a WagonR) and this spoils the audiophile's experience. While I shouldn't be complaining much, there is scope for some significant improvement. Now, coming to the 4-cyl K12 engine, I find that to be loud too (in a Baleno). Of course, I am speaking relative to some other 1200cc 4-cyl engines available in the market.
Old 15th September 2016, 19:10   #21
BHPian

Was going through NDTV today and bumped into this article. Was stoked to read that NDTV is using Team-BHP as the source for their article.

Source : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/54347765.cms

Rumour: Maruti cars to come with Harman audio-screenshot.jpg
BeantownThinker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 19:22   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Was going through NDTV today and bumped into this article. Was stoked to read that NDTV is using Team-BHP as the source for their article.

Source : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/54347765.cms

]
Any day it is a better option than someone with least knowledge about automobiles writing an article with bits and pieces of information which will end up into a hilarious read. At least here we find quality information with no or very less speculation which can act as a good source for any other mass market news channel to depend upon.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 09:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
You mean Times of India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Any day it is a better option than someone with least knowledge about automobiles writing an article with bits and pieces of information which will end up into a hilarious read.
Atleast, the news report acknowledged Team-BHP; as in today's 'fastest to launch' news market, blatant plagiarism is common.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 16th September 2016 at 10:16. Reason: Grammer correction
Old 16th September 2016, 10:02   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
You mean Times of India.

Atleast, the news report acknowledged Team-BHP, as in today's 'fastest to launch' news market blatant plagiarism is common.
Oops. Yes, I meant TOI. Had both windows open and confused one for the other.
Old 17th September 2016, 20:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

It's official now ..

http://m.economictimes.com/industry/...paign=ETFBMain

Harman to work with Maruti to provide audio system for their cars.
Old 17th September 2016, 20:32   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
It's official now

Harman to work with Maruti to provide audio system for their cars.
From the above link see the below quote:

Quote:
According to a report in Team-BHP, Maruti is looking to bring Harman Kardon systems to its lineup in a bid to make their offerings even more lucrative for buyers.*
Lol, ET had used this same thread and made an article.

Name:  ForumRunner_20160917_203224.png
Views: 494
Size:  105.4 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks