Team-BHP - music system for under 20K
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   music system for under 20K (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/1803-music-system-under-20k-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (VTEC11 @ May 04 2004,09:30)]add a 4 channel amp, should drive some good bass with a decent pair of 6x9's.. *

Absolutely..that is the next step up from what i suggested. Depends on what kind of bass you are looking for manticore.

Alpine has been around in india officially for more than 5-6yrs if i am not mistaken!

cya
R

ok.....now u guys have me thinkin.....fact is i'll be usin this car for only one more year.......then i'll be sellin it. i've recently put a fresh set of bridgestones. what i'm thinkin of is to invest in some good components so that i'll be able to use in the next car that i buy. instead of the amp/sub combo, shud i go in for some mb-quart speakers (i've heard them and they deliver very very good sound, but are expensive) or maybe a good cd-changer?? and when i get my next car, i guess i'll upgrade to the amps and subs. what say guys?

as i listen to all kindsa music....rock, hip-hop and trance......guess i prefer bass thats neither too tight nor too loose, somewhere in between.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] shud i go in for some mb-quart speakers

What are MB quart speakers? MB as in Mercedes Benz?

The good thing about getting a heavily loaded sound set-up is that it is a one time investment. You can always move it from car to car.

GTO

mbquart are makers of premium speakers, subs, amps etc.
try the official site @ mb quart home page

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (manticore @ May 04 2004,14:42)]mbquart are makers of premium speakers, subs, amps etc.
try the official site @ mb quart home page

manti,

MB Q's are kinda expensive. I believe $300 and up (for component speakers)? You'll need a good amp to drive em. But at that price there are better speaker, possibly for even less money. Are those even avaliable in india?

ohh which ever one u go fo pls. try to go in for the same speakers amps etc.
eg. pioneer head set, go for pioneer speakers, subs and amps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (vishnugnair @ May 05 2004,02:47)]ohh which ever one u go fo pls. try to go in for the same speakers amps etc.
eg. pioneer head set, go for pioneer speakers, subs and amps.

vishnu,

That's totally false. It makes absolutely no difference whether the speaker brand matches the head unit/amplifier. There are literally a ton of speakers brands you could get that are far superior to pioneer. *

Well VTEC11,

There is some truth to that. Pioneer speakers for example are constructed to cater to the frequency reproductions of pioneer amps etc etc. But ofcourse just as good, if not better results might be got from mixing and matching.

cheers
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ May 05 2004,08:51)]Well VTEC11,

There is some truth to that. Pioneer speakers for example are constructed to cater to the frequency reproductions of pioneer amps etc etc. But ofcourse just as good, if not better results might be got from mixing and matching.

cheers
R

Reheen,

That's a common misconception. The fact of the matter is, speakers and amplifiers are built separately to provide the maximum performance at a given price range. Design parameters are completely different for speaker and amplifiers. Neither one is optimized for a particular speaker and/or speaker line. The design goal of any audio component (excluding budget brands) is to reproduce the signal as near as possible to the original recording without adding any coloration. This goes against the theory of how pioneer electronics are made for the freq. response of their speakers. Because if this is the case, there amps would be worthless since pioneer speakers are considered pretty low-fi in the industry compared to real audio equipment. They would simply be unusable with other speakers then.. But that's not the case is it?

Pioneer makes some decent head units and amplifiers. Pioneer Premier amps are actually pretty good amplifiers. Matching pioneer speakers with these amps just don't do these amps justice. Most any other decent brand of car speakers will outperform the pioneer speaks using the pioneer amps.

There's a reason why most good amp makers don't make speakers, and most good speaker makers don't make amps.

I could elaborate more, but its getting late.. maybe tomorrow

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]try to go in for the same speakers amps etc.

Brand doesn't matter. The original sounds can be re-produced by a combination of components - each one of a different make, all of your choosing. This is true of all types of music systems - whether car or home audio. As long as you're matching up the different specs, you're doing good.

vtec11, i know quarts are pretty expensive........but i listened to those speakers on a frnds car......and man they were too good, with really crisp, clear and rich sound. moreover i decided not to put amps and subs now as i'll be changing the car in less than a year. i'll upgrade to them in the next car. cya.

Hey VTEC11,

Read my post again. I said that "Pioneer speakers for example are constructed to cater to the frequency reproductions of pioneer amps", what i mean by that is that when the pioneer speakers are being designed and tested, it is done with the aid of pioneer amps, so in that sense they are tweaked to perform on the pioneer amps. since as you know every system produces slightly varied sound. However i dont mean that they sound BEST on pioneer amps.
I concluded to say "But ofcourse just as good, if not better results might be got from mixing and matching.".
So basically we have the same opinion!

cheers
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ May 06 2004,01:26)]So basically we have the same opinion!

cheers
R

okay, fair enough dude.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Pioneer Premier amps are actually pretty good amplifiers. Matching pioneer speakers with these amps just don't do these amps justice.

Now thats a very generalized statement, especially in todays times of unbelievable broad product ranges and market localization. Its like saying that a car maker produces horrible cars, based on experiencing just a small sample of the products.

Call me crazy, but I have a quest for perfection in everything I put my mind to....especially cars. When I wanted to hook up my 944 amp with a good set of speakers, I tried everything that Pioneer, Sony, Alpine, Blaupunkt and Kenwood had to offer in the SAME CATEGORY (price and size-wise)

I ended up with Pioneer speakers for my Vtec, not because of the same brand matching...but because the Pioneers simply outperformed everything else. I did two evenings of testing speakers and loads of contemplation, after work, and zeroed in on the Pioneers .

GTO

hey GTO,

Don't take it personally. I only meant it as a point to vishnugnair.