Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2004, 19:04   #1
BHPian

Hi,

THe NHC GXI comes with the Alpine Cassete player. The system i guess has a pretty decent performance and comes with the "Honda" name on it. This is one of the reasons it looked good on dash.

I heard that the CRV comes with an Alpine CD player. Does it play MP3's?.
Is it a good deal to trade the Cassette player for the CD Player???

There is no provision for a clock on the NHC or on the Cassette player, doe the CRV's CD Player come with a clock???

Dunno how the Honda guys missed the clock!!! That only if one needs it though

Old 10th May 2004, 19:53   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey Neel,

While I'm not very "in the know" about the NHC, I do know that the Alpine head nit it comes with is a pretty decent piece (although i thin GTO is the guru here when it comes to ICE).

IMO, it would make more sense to keep the original unit and go in for a 6 or 10 CD changer that can play MP3's.

And I'm sure the Alpine has a clock in it...almost every stereo out there has one...including the "assembled" ones! MAybe you need to take another looksi at that manual eh! lol

Also surprised that the Honda comes without its own clock though! Are they cheaping out???
Old 11th May 2004, 13:29   #3
BHPian

Nops, The NHC does not have a clock on board:(
Old 11th May 2004, 14:55   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This is really surprising but yes, the NHC stereo does not come with a clock. To make things worse, there is no independent clock given or the space to fit an aftermarket clock. Honestly I could not care less about a clock in the car but some people do...Its a matter of personal preference.

Neel, I dont think its a sensible option to change the headunit just to have the clock feature. You could place the CRV's unit in your NHC but it would cost you a bomb. I dont know what Honda charges for the same, but after-market suppliers offer the unit for 16,000.

What I would do is fit the "trunk" alpine 6 cd changer that is compatible with your current headunit for 10000. What you save on the clock money, you can go and buy a branded wristwatch with.

If you have noticed, you also have a slot below the stereo - where you can put in a Pioneer single cd player. It would look a little strange and not something that I would do, but I have seen many NHC's with this config. If you choose this, you would have your current Alpine cassette player plus an in-dash pioneer mp3 player. It comes with a clock and last I saw...prices started at 7 grand.

GTO
Old 11th May 2004, 15:03   #5
Team-BHP Support

Hey Neel,

Alternatively, you could keep the alpine head unit, and just buy a portable mp3 player (or portable mp3 cd player) and just attach it to the auxilary input of your head unit. (You could also use a cassete adapter ...one of those "fake cassettes" with a wire comming out that plugs into your mp3 player.......but there will be a slight degradation in sound quality with one of these).

Let us know what you are inclined towards.
cya
R

Old 11th May 2004, 15:33   #6
BHPian

Hey,
I dont think i'm running behind the clock, It would have been nice it there was one in some corner.

Regarding the audio player, i'm plannin to stick to the cassette player (bcos the CRV's system does not play MP3's). Since the NHC's Cassette player comes with CD Controls, i'l have to go for a *compatible boot-cd-changer (That leaves me with no choice other than the Apline )

I talked to them about having an Auxillary unit below the Stereo, but they said it would stick out a little bit and i really do not want to mess up with that.

Any comments??

Old 12th May 2004, 22:18   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Neel,

As me and Rtec have suggested, go in for the Alpine 6 cd changer. That way you can keep the look original of the interiors (instead of the messy two head units) and have the changer safely concealed in your trunk.

GTO
Old 13th May 2004, 00:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

hey rehaan
thats the thing i do!!!!!!!
, put in a sony vcd discman, sinceit isnt anti shock, put it in the cup holder area on say abt 6 to 7 wipe cloths, it cushions well, any other idea to keep the disc from skipping??
only the long thing i wish is a lcd screen to watch movies!
Old 13th May 2004, 10:48   #9
Team-BHP Support

Hey aadix,

Well i used to use the discman hookup, but now i have an indash mp3 player.
However, when i did i used to have a panasonic discman, panasonic were the first to come out with some rock solid performers when it came to "ESP". Best cd player i have ever had!

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks