Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2016, 15:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Skoda India adds navigation to Octavia Style Plus variant

Thank you to BHPian RohanDheman for sharing this information with other enthusiasts!

When Skoda launched the new Octavia in India three years back, the biggest limitation of its feature list was the missing satellite navigation system, even in the top-end variant. However, the automaker has now introduced a new infotainment system in the Octavia Style Plus trim, which includes satellite navigation.

The system in question is an MIB Amundsen 2 unit, which supports navigation through SD card. It gets 2 SD card slots that have been placed inside the glove box. Screen size is 6.5-inches, which is similar to the earlier unit. Interestingly, Skoda recently introduced a new Ambition Plus variant of the Octavia, which also gets a 6.5-inch system, without navigation. Meanwhile, the base Ambition variant features a 5.0-inch system.

These new updates on the Octavia are probably Skoda's response to the recently launched Hyundai Elantra. The Elantra is loaded with features and is priced around Rs. 4-5 lakh lower than the Octavia. As a result, Skoda is currently trying to enhance the Octavia's value for money factor by adding new features.

The Octavia is expected to receive a mid-life facelift in 2017.

Skoda India adds navigation to Octavia Style Plus variant-download.jpg

Skoda India adds navigation to Octavia Style Plus variant-img_4843.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 6th October 2016 at 16:00.
dZired is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 14:27   #2
BHPian

Re: Skoda India adds navigation to Octavia Style Plus variant

For the benefit for everyone here is what the system looks like and the part number photo is also included. Another super cool feature i found was the inclusion of a compass in the MID. Additionally, if you select Navigation on the MID, directions are displayed on the MID itself and you need not look at the screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda India adds navigation to Octavia Style Plus variant-img_8448.jpg  

Skoda India adds navigation to Octavia Style Plus variant-img_8426.jpg  

Skoda India adds navigation to Octavia Style Plus variant-img_8456.jpg  

Skoda India adds navigation to Octavia Style Plus variant-img_8457.jpg  

RohanDheman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2016, 15:38   #3
BHPian

Has Skoda increased the price of the Octavia Style Plus 2.0 TDI AT variant after adding the navigation feature or the price remains the same?

I am on the verge of booking this car today and the dealer is asking for an additional Rs 20,000 for the updated car (shark fin antenna, Navigation etc etc) plus additional Rs 7,999.00 for the SD card with maps loaded on it.

An early response will save a lot of money and will be highly appreciated.
dragstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2016, 15:58   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this navigation useful? My brain can not process any navigation software other than google maps.
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2016, 22:00   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post
Has Skoda increased the price of the Octavia Style Plus 2.0 TDI AT variant after adding the navigation feature or the price remains the same?

I am on the verge of booking this car today and the dealer is asking for an additional Rs 20,000 for the updated car (shark fin antenna, Navigation etc etc) plus additional Rs 7,999.00 for the SD card with maps loaded on it.

An early response will save a lot of money and will be highly appreciated.

Yes there has been a slight increase in price. You don't have to pay a penny extra for the navigation card. He is taking you for a ride on that one. The navigation card doesn't come with the car in the truck but is delivered separately to the dealer. I got mine on the day of the delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Is this navigation useful? My brain can not process any navigation software other than google maps.

From whatever little I have used- it seemed useful. I have had a few not so good experiences with google maps- like most of the brethren here.

This car will go to my wife next year when the time comes to replace her city. As much as I love her, she has a tendency to get lost even on a straight road. The fact that she was comfortable with this navigation from day 1 speaks a great deal to me! So to keep her on the road and hopefully in the right direction- this seems useful.

Regards
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 16:30   #6
BHPian

Skoda India is discontinuing Style + variant in Petrol. They are introducing L&K instead. Perforated leather seats is an added feature that is coming in. It is expected to cost 50K more than the outgoing Style+.

This information is based on the communication a friend of mine had with the sales representative

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks