Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2006, 11:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

ICE suggestions for my OHC

My OHC has the stock cassette player which comes with the car. It seems to be aux CD compatible. I had initially thought that it would be a so so unit but I'm quite impressed with it . Made me take out my old tapes to listen to.

Now i have taken out the Pioneer head unit from my Zen. I had thought of doing a whole new install initially but now I'm on budget constaints since my car buying price went up. Needed answers to a few questions:

1) Should I keep the existing Honda head unit and add a mp3 CD changer? Advantage i can have both cassette and CD

2) Should I put in my Pioneer 4650 head unit? Disadvantge wont be able to play cassettes

3) Dont want to spend on amps and woofers so was thinking of adding a Sony bass tube which doesnt need a seperate amp I guess. I dont really blast music , I just need good punch thats all

Navin, Sam and other audio gurus please help
Old 17th October 2006, 12:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

i got the perfect answer for you dippy. look i had the same problem with mine esteem.

it had a cassette player & i have a houseful of cassettes that i want to listen to.

here's what i did. i got a Sony DVD player for 12k & hooked the cassette player into its aux-in. this way both the cassette player & the DVD player are operational. OHC also has a facility for double din, so that should be ok. If any of your 2 sets have an aux in, then you are on your way. cheers mate.

p.s. i am not an audio guru
Old 17th October 2006, 12:16   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Helloooo dippy,

The problem with your OHC stock player is that you may not get a CD changer for it. If you attach a FM CD changer, you may ruin the sound entirely.
Do you have an iPod? That will change the equaltion a bit, since you say it is aux compatible (does the source SAY aux during the switching, because i doubt it has aux in)

I think you should install the pio4650. This Sony bass tube.. how much does it cost amigo?
Old 17th October 2006, 12:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Sam

the Honda head unit is out of contention now..the 4650 it is

And just came to know Sony doesnt make the bass tube anymore. Thinking of a JBL bass tube now . Guess I'll need an amp with it. Right?
Old 17th October 2006, 12:47   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Correct. The JBL bass tube will need a small amplifier to drive it. There is a newer smaller (10") model due to arrive this month end.
Maybe you should consider upgrading the stock speakers, atleast the front speakers first.
Old 17th October 2006, 14:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

I had a similar issue, so decided to stick with my SONY XRCA 620X cassette coupled with CDX 757 10 MP3 changer. I must say JBL bass tube gives a real pleasure!!
Old 18th October 2006, 06:26   #7
BANNED

OHC has a 2din slot? I dont think so.

Take all your cassettes to the nearest 'cassette to vcd' guy and get it all converted into cds. And forget the tape generation completely. Get yourself a Pio 4650 (6850 will give you some motorised bling bling if you can afford).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks