Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2018, 15:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500: Finally the beast gets ICE'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Thanks for the tip! I was looking at the dimensions on Amazon site where they mentioned less than 0.5 inch length difference between LoPro8 and LoPro10. But when I looked at the dimensions in your pic, it was different. Finally went to Soundstorm website and checked the specs. It turns out that LoPro10 is about 15 inches in length!

Going for the 8 inch model now. Considering that I dont even use the third row, it should meet my requirements completely.
Yea the size on amazon website is smaller than what it is. Also there are protrusions on the 4 corners for standoffs which also adds to overall width of the body. LoPro8 is definitely safer bet for underseat placement since I have already got it setup.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 19:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Yea the size on amazon website is smaller than what it is. Also there are protrusions on the 4 corners for standoffs which also adds to overall width of the body. LoPro8 is definitely safer bet for underseat placement since I have already got it setup.
Thanks for sharing the install pics & details.
I got my new XUV W9 Automatic last week and want to change the lCE, the stock is average. I also don't like boom box & would not miss it much.
I can drive up to Bangalore just for this install at Sachin s place & meet a few friends & Relatives there too. How much time would this take? Can you please share Sachins number to my mobile 9898545666. If you can PM me your number, l would like to talk to you too. Thanks.

Last edited by ramkya1 : 29th March 2018 at 19:13.
ramkya1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 22:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Thanks for sharing the install pics & details.
I got my new XUV W9 Automatic last week and want to change the lCE, the stock is average. I also don't like boom box & would not miss it much.
I can drive up to Bangalore just for this install at Sachin s place & meet a few friends & Relatives there too. How much time would this take? Can you please share Sachins number to my mobile 9898545666. If you can PM me your number, l would like to talk to you too. Thanks.
If you are coming from out of town i would recommend keep a full day. Sachin's auto shop opens around 12 and plan to be there when they open so that you are done by night fall. Took about 5 hrs for me. Since you cant go again easily, its better to spend the day and also let them tune it to your tastes. May take few attempts if you are particular about what you want.

Let me PM you other details.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 18:57   #19
BHPian

Hi Folks, I have taken delivery of the brand new plush Xuv500. Shocked to find that the system is not taking the bass well. The presets are all good even at 85% volume but the moment I increase the base slightly, it goes burr burr (typical of low quality speakers). I played the very same song in my friends prev gen xuv500 and it doesnt have this issue. Firstly I am taking this up with Mahindra, secondly I am already looking for upgrade options. Given that the headunit looks to be reasonably good, what is your opinion on upgrading the speakers alone without an amp?
Old 25th August 2018, 21:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
The presets are all good even at 85% volume but the moment I increase the base slightly, it goes burr burr (typical of low quality speakers)
I faced this in my car for 1 door. This was due to the doorpad being fixed improperly resulting in it touching the speaker. You should get this checked. I used upgraded speakers in the front without an amp for some days and frankly couldn't make out any difference from the stock speakers in the rear.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 22:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks, I have taken delivery of the brand new plush Xuv500. Shocked to find that the system is not taking the bass well. The presets are all good even at 85% volume but the moment I increase the base slightly, it goes burr burr (typical of low quality speakers). I played the very same song in my friends prev gen xuv500 and it doesnt have this issue. Firstly I am taking this up with Mahindra, secondly I am already looking for upgrade options. Given that the headunit looks to be reasonably good, what is your opinion on upgrading the speakers alone without an amp?
Unless Mahindra has really changed the speakers in the new model, they use very cheap paper cone ones and they sound very muddled when volume is increased. Is the issue with all doors or only one?

Upgrading just the speakers will make only marginal improvement. You will get better mid range and clarity but bass will actually reduce as the stock HU wont be able to drive the speakers well. Strongly recommend getting an amp if you really want improvement.
Old 1st September 2018, 13:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I suggest you show it to service center as the issue you mentioned is not there in other xuvs (including mine).
I would suggest you to change speakers only if you plan to add amp. It will not make much difference if only speakers are changed. As it is you are looking for more bass hence at least an amp is required,if not sub.
As for the speaker they use, here's the pic
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500: Finally the beast gets ICE'd-1535787161382.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500: Finally the beast gets ICE'd-1535787179195.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500: Finally the beast gets ICE'd-1535787200084.jpg  

Last edited by nitinralli : 1st September 2018 at 13:06.
Old 1st September 2018, 14:26   #23
BHPian

Thats for the comments. Makes sense. @nitinralli is urs the 2018 plush model? For the reference sams song, no issue in my friends 2016 xuv.

@supertinu see im not looking at punchy bass. Im 35 now, too old for that lol. Compared to my friends older gen xuv, why is the new one not taking ANY increase in bass thru manual setting? Thats my concern. So my my point is thats speakers are incapable. So looking at a speaker upgrade only since im happy with the overall performance. On presets the sound is fine even in full volume.
Old 2nd September 2018, 14:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats for the comments. Makes sense. @nitinralli is urs the 2018 plush model? For the reference sams song, no issue in my friends 2016 xuv.

@supertinu see im not looking at punchy bass. Im 35 now, too old for that lol. Compared to my friends older gen xuv, why is the new one not taking ANY increase in bass thru manual setting? Thats my concern. So my my point is thats speakers are incapable. So looking at a speaker upgrade only since im happy with the overall performance. On presets the sound is fine even in full volume.
Yes mine is plush 2018 W11 AT. I sold my W6 2011 XUV after 6.5 years and got this.

As for the speakers, looks like its only with your model there is an issue. Have it checked.
Old 3rd September 2018, 06:25   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Yes mine is plush 2018 W11 AT. I sold my W6 2011 XUV after 6.5 years and got this.

As for the speakers, looks like its only with your model there is an issue. Have it checked.
Thanks for your comments. Can you help me with this exercise just to be double sure?

Step 1 - Pair Bluetooth and play this song in xuv

Step 2 - Open settings, select Jazz and try full volume. All ok for me.

Step 3 - Reduce volume to 75%. Now increase base by 3 or more steps. My front speakers esp the tweeters go burr burr in this song and as we increase volume further to 80 or 90% it goes worse. We can feel speaker paper vibration evidently.

Please confirm. I now wonder is it the W7 inferior quality speaker
Old 3rd September 2018, 13:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your comments. Can you help me with this exercise just to be double sure?

Please confirm. I now wonder is it the W7 inferior quality speaker
I wish i could help you here but i cant.
Reason, i have upgraded to totally new ICE setup with comps, amps sub etc which i always do with my cars. Never a stock ICE for me. Maybe someone else could do this.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500: Finally the beast gets ICE'd-1535961381263.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500: Finally the beast gets ICE'd-1535961586437.jpg  

nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 01:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I suggest you show it to service center as the issue you mentioned is not there in other xuvs (including mine).
I would suggest you to change speakers only if you plan to add amp. It will not make much difference if only speakers are changed. As it is you are looking for more bass hence at least an amp is required,if not sub.
Nitin, how did you manage to remove the stock tweeters? are they in the same location as older XUV? when i upgraded mine my installer told its not easy to remove from outside. SO i left those hooked up along with new ones.

Quote:
Quote:
Sam, even I am in my high 30s and dont need heavy bass. My install is all about getting clear music and not muddled sound. Even the underseat sub just gives enough to complete the music.

Regarding your experiment I cant confirm now but I am sure even in my car earlier with stock setup volume after 75% would jarr. Stock speakers wont handle high volume as the HU at high volume cannot maintain amplification evenly across all freq, thats why amp is required to handle that. You can always try speaker update and see the result. Decide for amp after that. Choose lower RMS speakers as higher RMS ones will need more power from HU to drive.

Quote:
I wish i could help you here but i cant.
Reason, i have upgraded to totally new ICE setup with comps, amps sub etc which i always do with my cars. Never a stock ICE for me. Maybe someone else could do this.
Nitin, hows the upgrade experience. Do share the config and details.

Last edited by supertinu : 20th September 2018 at 01:31.
Old 20th September 2018, 11:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Nitin, how did you manage to remove the stock tweeters? are they in the same location as older XUV? when i upgraded mine my installer told its not easy to remove from outside. SO i left those hooked up along with new ones.

Nitin, hows the upgrade experience. Do share the config and details.
Plush XUV have tweeters in A pillars hence very easy to remove unlike Gold gen. Even i couldn't remove OEM tweeters in my Gold Gen.

As for my current setup, its like:
Front Rainbow SLC comps
Rear Morel Coax
ID V3 12" Sub
Audison Bit 10 DSP
DLS RA 20 amp
Stantom 400 amp
Kicker 0 gauge wirring
Gladen RCA's
Dynamat damping on four doors.
= NIRVANA
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 19:31   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I thought New Plush XUV 500 Model comes with the Arkamys Sound as they advertised. I have W11(0). Are they offering Nippon in lower models ?

Can anybody tell if these would be good to be used with amp without replacing/upgrading them.
Old 27th October 2018, 10:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_3306 View Post
I thought New Plush XUV 500 Model comes with the Arkamys Sound as they advertised. I have W11(0). Are they offering Nippon in lower models ?

Can anybody tell if these would be good to be used with amp without replacing/upgrading them.
Mine too is W11AT. Arkamys is a software not speakers. Nippon speakers are used in all xuv models be it 7/9/11.
As for other question, NO adding amp and running Nippon is just waste of money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks