Team-BHP - Need Help Selecting a CD Changer
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Need Help Selecting a CD Changer (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/1904-need-help-selecting-cd-changer.html)

Hi Guys,

This is my 1st thread here, I want to fit a decent CD changer in my dad's Alto, the head unit is a Pioneer P 4250( or was it 4025 ??dont remmeber the exact model no but its the lowest range model with flip open panel)

So I wud like people here to suggest me a CD changer for the above mentioned headunit with prices in mumbai or pune, by budget is not much high.

I would also like to know the price differerence for the ones with VCD & mp3 compatibility

Thx in Advance

Techno

get a pioneer cd changer, otherwise compatability issue with the connecting cords especially

Technocrat,

Only the Pioneer 12 Cd changer Model no.1280 will play on your head unit..in a straight forward and direct fit kind of way. It does not play VCDS or MP3's and costs about Rs.6500 in Bombay.

You can always convert it into a VCD also, cost for which would be a couple of grand depending where you do the conversion. MP3 changers are available by Sony, its a 10 disc for 9000 odd. But compatibility with your head unit is an issue.

Alternatively, since you are on a tight budget, you can go in for a 2nd hand Pioneer CD Changer of the 12xx series. However I dont recommend this unless you have a friend whos selling his car and is separately selling the changer. This option should set you back by 2000 - 4000.

Go for the Pioneer 1280

GTO

Thx a lot guys

@GTO : thx man, can u also lemme know the places in mumbai, i only know milan subway for car accesorries if there is any other place in mumbai whr i can get this model then do lemme know..

Also i'll go for a 1st hand piece only..

btw is the 12 cd changer standard now i mean, no six cd ones ??

As a compatibility issue u will have to install a unit from pioneer only like GTO said from 12XX series..... also... u ra bit rite nw a days 12 cd changer is kinda std.

2f2f

Technocrat,

Drop a line to Autoking @ 2446.2805. Tell him you are a Team-BHPian. The most amazing after sales service I have seen to date.

If you are keen on something in the suburbs, I guess Bhavi Motors at Milan Subway should do. And yes, 10/12 CDs are pretty much the norm now, though Alpine makes some very expensive 6 CD MP3 players too

GTO

Pioneer 1280 is best.the performance is great.

But i guess,give a shot to 1270 as i`ve overheard from a few people that its good and cheap.
Have not tried it yet,so wud`nt advise for it.
Go ahead and pick upt he 1280.

Ps : Stay away from used electronics.They suck.

since we are on the topic, i have an old 6 cd kenwood changer. Is there any way of converting it into a mp3 compatible one?

alap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 17 2004,18:00)]Drop a line to Autoking @ 2446.2805. ...If you are keen on something in the suburbs, I guess Bhavi Motors at Milan Subway should do.

GTO,

what u think of Bharat at worli?

Can i drop u a line offline? Need to talk audio without getting shot for going off topic.

hey GTO i was thinking to spend the same amnt in sum other way .. i mean can i put a low end amp with a subwoofer to improve the sounds quality, the front speakers in the car are Kenwood 90 watts original & the rear speakers are round shaped 200 watts pioneers( tho they look very original a mech said they were not but sound quality is quite good) but they dont pick the bass quite well..

any suggestions ??

The easiest way to improve sound quality is to upgrade the speakers, and you already have Pioneer 200w. Are the front speakers kenwood original, as in the original with the Alto? If thats the case...throw them away!! They are horrible. Upgrade the front speakers.

In that budget, if you want to fit in an amp...the only one you can look at is the Sony 222. I got it in my Jeep (Its open and thus didnt want an expensive one). Drives my Pioneer 300w's very very well.

Another very important component is how you have your speakers installed. If its your alto, its probably a box. Check the material of that box. If its wood, change it to MDF. This one move itself will do wonders.

GTO

P.S. Navin, feel free to drop me a PM. Sorry for the late reply. Had missed your earlier post. Bharat has a terrible reputation of fleecing customers. Something like Anand tyres at Prabhadevi.

thx dude,

No i bought the front speakers separately & yes they are original( the alto doesn't come wid stereo)

i have the rear speakers on a wooden parcel tray so the subwoofer can be fitted in the middle place on the tray..

how much is the cost of the Sony 222 amp & also can the subwoofer which u got in ur Vtec which i believe was for 3k be used?? whats the model no ??

thx

off topic:techno when is xbhp coming back online?

i am still seeing that sept 18th sign

@aadix: Its online from last two days

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]how much is the cost of the Sony 222 amp & also can the subwoofer which u got in ur Vtec which i believe was for 3k be used?? whats the model no ??

Got my 222 for 3000, with warranty. It would be a little too puny to power the sub in my Vtec.

GTO