Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2007, 13:16   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
im getting both at almost the same price but the GTA with bill and warranty thats why im inclined towards that.
My advice wasn't based on official v/s unofficial.
Old 18th February 2007, 00:35   #122
Senior - BHPian

one more addition to my setup...sony 2 chan amp is out and instead of that got the blaunpunkt GTA 275.sub sounds much nicer now and way more powerful.

i have one question though.how hot do these 2 chan amps get ?? because im guessing my previous amp got too hot couldnt take the load and blew.i definitly dont wnat that happening to this amp.the other day it seemed pretty hot ....!! gains arre set to about 60 %

Rev
Old 20th February 2007, 11:37   #123
BHPian

Dude...Amps getting Hot is noraml....i bet myself to keep ma AC On...when using my ICE...as that cools of the AMP a bit...and evrything remains clean:-)
Old 20th February 2007, 12:55   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i have one question though.how hot do these 2 chan amps get ??
hot enough to not handle for too long but not hot enough to touch. It also depends on the load.
Old 20th February 2007, 15:36   #125
Senior - BHPian

why im worried is because the sony amp gave up i dont want the same to happen with this blaunpunkt.should i reduce the gain or bass boost ?will that help ? gain is set to about 60 %

Rev
Old 20th February 2007, 15:50   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
why im worried is because the sony amp gave up i dont want the same to happen with this blaunpunkt.should i reduce the gain or bass boost ?will that help ? gain is set to about 60 %
is it too hot to touch?
Old 20th February 2007, 20:37   #127
Senior - BHPian

its not too hot to just touch but if you put your hand on it for some time you can really feel the heat....its so hot that you have to get your hand off it.

Rev
Old 20th February 2007, 22:39   #128
Senior - BHPian

Mate, its a class T amp. We've used a few and it shouldn't be getting that hot. You're doing something wrong. Possibly: load, gains, boost. Fix it before you blow this amp.
Old 20th February 2007, 22:56   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Mate, its a class T amp. We've used a few and it shouldn't be getting that hot. You're doing something wrong. Possibly: load, gains, boost. Fix it before you blow this amp.
I think he bought the GTA275, not the PA275. I got a bit confused at first too. The GTA would be Class AB.

Rev, a bit of heating-up is all right. As long as you can put your hand on it for a while and not get reaaaaaal uncomfortable it should be ok.

BTW, what gauge power cables are you running, Rev? And you have just one amp now, right?

This is a real wild guess, but will an amp getting fed through a lesser (lesser = less thick) than required power cable get heated up excessively? With the amp feeding a bass tube, should he be running 4 gauge? Folks?
Old 20th February 2007, 23:38   #130
Senior - BHPian

yea hydrashok is riight i got the GTA 275 not the PA 275.

at times after prolonged usage you cannot comfortably put your hand on the amp without feeling excessively hot/burnt.

and yea i have just one amp right now feeding the bass tube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
This is a real wild guess, but will an amp getting fed through a lesser (lesser = less thick) than required power cable get heated up excessively? With the amp feeding a bass tube, should he be running 4 gauge? Folks?
yea could this be the case ?? do i need a thicker cable ?

Rev
Old 20th February 2007, 23:58   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I think he bought the GTA275, not the PA275. I got a bit confused at first too. The GTA would be Class AB.
Oops! My bad... thanks Hydra...
Old 20th February 2007, 23:58   #132
BHPian

HEY revtech i got a jbl bass tube 1000 watts recently my budget was 12000 so i go the tuve boss wiring and they gave me a AUVO or somthing like that AMP - the amp is on;y 250 watts what did i get and does it make a difference i own alto
Old 21st February 2007, 01:17   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
HEY revtech i got a jbl bass tube 1000 watts recently my budget was 12000 so i go the tuve boss wiring and they gave me a AUVO or somthing like that AMP - the amp is on;y 250 watts what did i get and does it make a difference i own alto
never heard of that amp ?? you got a 250 watt amp im guessing thats 250 W MAX power and not 250 W RMS.

since you were on a tight budget and you got this amp its k..as long as you feel it sounds nice but a more poweful amp will def be welcomed by the bass tube as its capable of handling much much more than what your current amp is prob supplying it.

make sure your gains arent set very high or your amp may over heat and give up like my sony 552 did.

its recomended to get a more powerful amp as soon as you can for the tube and use this for the front speakers unless its too grainy like the sony.havent heard it so i wouldn know.

but if your satisfied with your setup then alls good.....no need to change anything.

Rev
Old 21st February 2007, 10:32   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
at times after prolonged usage you cannot comfortably put your hand on the amp without feeling excessively hot/burnt.
then this is fine. thicker cable will help the amp breathe. you will notice this on transients most. No need to rush but upgrade when able.
Old 22nd February 2007, 00:01   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Rev, I'm sure it's all good. Amps do get hot and that's fine. Your blau amp is better than your ex sony. Sit back relax and enjoy.

Xinome, I had difficulty reading your post. I think the amp you have is Auzo. It's not bad for the price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks