Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2017, 18:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Renault working on Captur “Bose edition”

Mod Note: Our Captur Report has been taken live at this link (Renault Captur : Official Review). Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who shared this information. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Rumour: Renault working on Captur “Bose edition”-captur.jpg

The Renault Captur was launched in India about a month ago and already, there are rumours of a new special edition. We have learned that a Captur “Bose Edition” is in the works. As the name suggests, it will get a premium sound system powered by Bose. Apparently, the "Bose Edition" is in its final stages of testing and fine-tuning and is expected to be released in April 2018.

Bose is a well-known premium audio brand that will certainly help with marketing the Captur. Tata Motors recently partnered with Harman-Kardon and has since been offering premium in-car entertainment systems on the Tiago, Tigor, Nexon and Hexa. It appears that Renault is taking a leaf out of Tata’s books in order to make their product more desirable.

Renault currently offers a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system on the Captur. It comes with an Arkamys tuned sound system with front and rear speakers and 2 tweeters.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by GTO : 12th March 2018 at 10:06. Reason: Link to review
TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 19:42   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Renault working on Captur “Bose edition”

Hope they mean the actual bose system and don't just slam bose stickers on regular speakers this time round and brag about it.

On a more serious note, am surprised to see a special edition up so soon. Why not add this to the car as stock atleast for the top end variant?
vishy76 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 19:46   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I remember checking out the Koleos once which has Bose system as standard. I, in fact lost count of the number of "Bose" badges on the car. I couldn't find anything substantial with that system when I think now, I was a lot more impressed with the HK in Zest & Tiago.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 20:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hope they don't use any Kolkata based 'Bose babu audio' and brand it as 'Bose international' maintaining the trend of misrepresenting stuff.
ani_meher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 20:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who shared this information. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page

Link to Team-BHP News
This will be a copy-paste job from European Captur which has 7 high definition speakers.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Renault working on Captur “Bose edition”-bose_edition.jpg  

deehunk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 23:16   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Hope they don't use any Kolkata based 'Bose babu audio' and brand it as 'Bose international' maintaining the trend of misrepresenting stuff.
Bose was founded by a Bangla origin engineer, Amar Bose in USA.
Doge is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 23:19   #7
BHPian

Too early for a special edition, no? They're anyway not selling in large numbers for a new launch. News of special editions will postpone buying decisions further.
Old 14th December 2017, 23:21   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Hope they mean the actual bose system and don't just slam bose stickers on regular speakers this time round and brag about it.
Koleos had it. Should be the real deal now also. Finally some real premium move by Renault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
On a more serious note, am surprised to see a special edition up so soon.
A look at our car of the year thread will show the answer. For a brand new launch from a company that has won two of our awards in the past, it has 0.37% votes and is among the bottom five cars in the poll this year. Looks like Renault has completely failed to capture the imagination of the enthusiasts and probably the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I remember checking out the Koleos once which has Bose system as standard.
Bose sound signature is a love it or hate it affair. A very controversial topic, actually.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th December 2017 at 23:34.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 00:07   #9
BHPian

Cost of the car is going to increase by 1-2 lakhs then?
manish_symc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 01:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

As CrAzY dRiVeR said, the Koleos and the Fluence had bose setups and before that they had sound worked on by Arkamys so this isn't anything new and certainly not inspired by Tata or anyone as such, and obviously there's no need to be so skeptical of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Bose sound signature is a love it or hate it affair. A very controversial topic, actually.
I agree with you on that, but as someone who enjoys a lot of Bose products both at home and among my friends and family, I have to say that most Bose car audio solutions that I have come across even the ones in Audi's have been pretty dismal and several times they are just regular paper cone speakers that have simply been tuned better. In a car, it actually isn't too difficult to create amazing sound unlike in large spaces like home theaters, living rooms or outdoors but Bose never seems to focus too much on their in-car entertainment solutions.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 03:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

Remembered this TV ad when I saw this thread

Latheesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 04:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

We had it in the Nissan Murano long back. Was pretty excited when we heard it came with Bose, but it was just about okay. Always heavy on the base side, and had few issues. There are better systems in the OE market I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 08:05   #13
Team-BHP Support

This association (Renault and Bose) is nothing new, and I am surprised that a change of sound system warrants a special edition. And the Bose implementation in earlier (expensive) Renault models were nothing special.

It would have been ideal if manufacturers focus more on essentials than trivial stuff.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 08:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Their strategy is like clearing of excessive inventory by making special editions. First the ugly looking old smart card key system, now this Bose speaker system. This is like Maruti's reluctance to change the decade old power windows console which is still in use on their premium models. I hope they do not charge a special price for this special edition.
Old 15th December 2017, 10:48   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
As CrAzY dRiVeR said, the Koleos and the Fluence had bose setups and before that they had sound worked on by Arkamys so this isn't anything new and certainly not inspired by Tata or anyone as such, and obviously there's no need to be so skeptical of it.
It's one thing to offer a premium sound system in the D1 & D2 segments, and entirely another to bring it down to the lower segments. Tata has indeed inspired a lot of other manufacturers on the importance of a good in-car-entertainment system. Maruti & Hyundai are both working on their ICE after seeing the positive response to Tata's audio systems.

Quote:
I have to say that most Bose car audio solutions that I have come across even the ones in Audi's have been pretty dismal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
We had it in the Nissan Murano long back. Was pretty excited when we heard it came with Bose, but it was just about okay.
You guys would be interested in this discussion.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks