Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2006, 00:53   #1
BHPian

JBL vs. HERTZ

Most of the people think JBL is one of the best. team-bhp threads made me believe that there is nothing better than JBLs available in Indian mkt.

Today Manik at Driven made me hear JBL and Hertz 4".

JBL was hardly 80% of Hertz.

Hertz sound was a lot more deeper. The clarity which Hertz offered was far better than JBL.

Same was the case with subs. I listened to JBL 12" bass tube. The sound wasnt very refined. Then I heard Image Acoustics & HERTZ. Helluva lot of difference.

What do you say guys????
Old 8th December 2006, 08:51   #2
Team-BHP Support

ggoyal_83, mention the prices of the JBL and the hertz. the 4" as well as subs.
Old 8th December 2006, 09:48   #3
k36
BHPian

Every company produces a number of models catering to different prices.
Without the model names or prices this comparison seems meaningless. Please give more details.
Old 8th December 2006, 09:58   #4
BANNED

Hi,

Both products are good but made to cater to different markets and price ranges. Whilst comparing products please compare with products of the same price range and in exactly the same conditions(same HU, Amps, enclosures, cars, etc). Not in 2 different cars.

Viper
Old 8th December 2006, 10:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoyal_83 View Post
Then I heard Image Acoustics & HERTZ. Helluva lot of difference.
Firstly it is not Image Acoustics it is Image Dynamics

Rest the sound of jbl, ID and Hertz will differ firstly by the product then by the installed location like different cars and the way it is installed...

I think you must listen and then buy.....not just by see the products......
Old 8th December 2006, 11:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

JBL caters to a complete different segment of the market and does well in it considering the pricing in our market. I am sure Hertz or ID does not come in the same price range as JBL, so, no comparison, and yes though JBL is the highest selling among the Good stuff in India, but is definitely not the best in the world in all aspects, but then again perceptions are subjective, I feel JBL is excellent VFM.
JBL and ID subs are made for completely different listening perferences.
Old 8th December 2006, 11:46   #7
BHPian

I am not a big fan of JBL, I had installed JBL comps in 2 of my cars and I didnt like the way it sounded and the speakers didnt last long either. This was a few years back, dont know how their current range is. I have'nt yet auditioned Hertz speakers so can't comment about them.
Old 8th December 2006, 12:05   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

ggoyal, you have another thread here

This is the second time you have tried to incite something using Driven's reference. Driven can quote himself when he wants to, last time I checked, that humourous sardar was quite open to posting his views when he needed to.

Let me explain to you a few things. All brands are good and they make a lot of speakers to cater to a lot of customers.

JBL is currently celebrating 60 years of car audio. They make about 600 different kinds of speakers, including some for car audio use. You must realise that you cannot possibly see all the models. Their size, brand philosophies and marketing is completely different from Hertz.

Hertz makes very some very good speakers, they are from italy and have their own sound values and styles like any good international audio brand.

The size of a company is completely irrelevant. As is the sheer magnitude of sales, in India or the world.

To make a statement like yours is exactly like saying, everybody at team-BHP told me BMW was a good car. I compared the Maybach to a BMW 3 series and BMW is not even 80% of mercedes. So Mercedes as a brand is 10 times better than BMW as a brand. What do you say guys????

Understand, my friend. A JBL bass tube costs 5000-6500 rupees for a subwoofer with an enclosure made by JBL and imported by someone, with duty and everything, with a bill+warranty. That makes it great value for money. If Hertz has a 12" bass tube for the same amount, then you may compare the sound, according to your taste. That's sensible. This is plain stupid.

Also remember, everybody has individual tastes. JBL is not the best brand in the world. Neither is any other brand "The best in the world". All brands make products. if you like their products and their attitude, you buy those products, by your own choice, with your own money. And the buck stops there.

Besides, from the other thread it is evident that you made your choice (and a good choice, if I may add) and have already installed your system. Ergo this thread is meaningless.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2006, 12:55   #9
BANNED

Mr. GGOYAL!!!
This discussion doesn't require a seperate thread!!
Sam's words do a lot of explanation why.

As said earlier also, they cater to different people and they make buyers happy in their own way.

I've got some friends who are very happy with BOSS speakers! That doesn't make it better or best brand of speakers. Some like JBL best. I like Hertz best.
It is just a matter of different tastes and budget.

You like a brand? Buy it and enjoy it!!
Don't go for a comparison poll!!
Old 8th December 2006, 14:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

am observing....SAM had been quite "explanatory" of late. ;-)

Time to close the thread.
Old 8th December 2006, 14:44   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
ggoyal, you have another thread here

This is the second time you have tried to incite something using Driven's reference.

Neither is any other brand "The best in the world". All brands make products. if you like their products and their attitude, you buy those products, by your own choice, with your own money. And the buck stops there.

Ergo this thread is meaningless.
Gunbir and JB were present when we heard a Hertz system in Mumbai. The rest will reamain a secret between the 3 of us. Dont even try to pry that info from us. Needless to say the conslusion was that any system (regardless pf price) can be made to sound "bad" or "good" depending on...

a) the listener's preferences
b) the install
c) a partucular combination of components

note I have put "good" and "bad" in quotes becuase they are just that they are a person opinion not fact.

I agree with Sam this thread is meanginless. I would delete it but am keeping it as an example of the kind of thread that does not further the cuase of this forum.

Thread Closed!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks