Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2006, 17:04   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I disagree. Sealed boxes are less sensitive than ported ones. A 60.2 would not be sufficient to drive the CS1204B. I suggest a CS300.1 or a GTO75.4 or a GTO301.1.
The CS60.2 bridged can be used to drive the tubes as they are ported and drive easier.

Alright guys, you succeeded again in making a newbie like me confused with all these combinations of amp and sub . I'm on a budget and getting a Amp worth 14-15k is not at all an option for me. As already discussed above i think i'll have to get my HU Pio 4850 replaced by Pio 6850(3 preouts) which again adds to the overall budget.

I'm already quite happy with my setup and all i want is to add a little bit of boom to the setup and that is why the sub and amp.

My preference is to go with the 10" or 12" JBL tube ( i think the tube looks super cool) . So my options are :

1. Change the HU to 6850 (4k) and get a 75.4 (13k) with a 12" tube (7k) plus around 5k for install+wires. Total 30k (approx)

2. Keep my existing HU and get a 4 channel amp and 10"/12" tube

3. Keep my existing HU and get a 2 channel amp and 10"/12" tube

I do not know if the options 2 and 3 are possible without changing my HU. Please suggest the amp and sub in options 2 and 3 and if possible keeping the budget inside of 20k.

Also i'm thinking of attching my 2gb Ipod nano with the Pio 4850, what would be the best way to do it without loosing on SQ ?
Old 24th December 2006, 08:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
I'm already quite happy with my setup and all i want is to add a little bit of boom to the setup and that is why the sub and amp.

2. Keep my existing HU and get a 4 channel amp and 10"/12" tube

Also i'm thinking of attching my 2gb Ipod nano with the Pio 4850, what would be the best way to do it without loosing on SQ ?
If all you want is boom, stop think of everything else and look no further than the JBL 12" bass tube CS1204T (6,500/-) and the CS300.1 amp (About 10,000/-). Your current HU will accommodate this combo with ease and without any complication. Spend about 4K on wiring (power & RCA), and you are within your budget.

The 4850 is iPod ready. The best (but a bit costly) way is to get the iPod interface for the HU for about 5500/-. This will let you control the iPod from the HU and charge it as you use it. No loss of SQ.

The economy alternative is to use an Stereo Pin to RCA connector (also called EP to RCA) cord (MX is a good brand, and you get a really good quality cable @ 250/-). Stick the RCAs into the HU's aux-in and stick the stereo pin (Earphone Pin) into the iPod. Close to zero loss of SQ, verrrrrrry cheap, and you get full control through your iPod (the interface control is a bit limited). But this will not charge your iPod. For that you need to get a cigarette lighter charger (below 2000/-).

Please check if your 4850 has an aux-in. I'm sure it does, but the Pio website doesn't mention this specifically.
Old 24th December 2006, 09:21   #18
Team-BHP Support

Hey Hydra,

You sure about the pioneer IP-bus to RCA cable available in india from MX cables.
I couldnt find it there and just bought from here in singapore.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/338975-post4847.html

It wasnt so cheap around Rs.600. Anyplace you know which deals in this?
Old 24th December 2006, 10:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
You sure about the pioneer IP-bus to RCA cable available in india from MX cables.

vid6639, the MX cable I mentioned is an EP to RCA (Earphone jack to RCA Jack) cable, and not Pio IP Bus cable. MX is a little hard to find here in Kochi [I had a dealer order it down for me with a bunch of other assorted MX audio & video cables for my HT, PC & Laptop]. The difficulty is mostly because the cheaper alternatives can be bought for as low as Rs.20/-. MX should be easily available in most electronic stores in Delhi, Mumbai etc I guess.

Same thing (EP to RCA) for 600/- is expensive, but this is relative. From Singapore, you may have got an even better quality cable, so relax :-) The MX is OFC cable with real thick insulation and gold-plated connectors. Length of about 5 ft I think.

Getting the Pio cable from Singapore should get you a really good deal. I remember somebody mentioning that they bought it for 5500/- from India on the forum.

EDIT: As is usual for me, I still have the original packing of the cable. Fished it out of the mess in my attic :-). They are "MX Reference Series" cables. They claim near-total EMI & RF shielding on the box. Cables are THX certified (hope this is true). Lifetime Warranty (!). The length is 5 feet. Address: MX Electronics, 213 Fabricon Indl. Estate, Bhargava Road, SantaCruz (West), Mumbai-400054. No tel no. or email on box.

Last edited by hydrashok : 24th December 2006 at 10:27.
Old 24th December 2006, 10:32   #20
Team-BHP Support

Oh ok EP to RCA my mistake. I forgot that the 6850 has a direct 3.5mm aux input. In that case it will be better to get an EP to EP.
I dont think the pio HU's have a RCA aux input. It's he proprietary IP bus for the lower models whereas the 6850 has the direct 3.5mm in the front itself.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2...ittmart2rv.jpg

Last edited by Vid6639 : 24th December 2006 at 10:34.
Old 24th December 2006, 11:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...whereas the 6850 has the direct 3.5mm in the front itself.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2...ittmart2rv.jpg
Cool! I didn't know this.
Old 29th December 2006, 18:56   #22
BHPian

So, finally i got the sub and amp installed in my car today. As suggested by Hydrashok i went in for the JBL 12" bass tube CS1204T , CS300.1 amp and JBL wiring (all with B/W). Also got the front door's damped. The system rocks and i'm very happy with the setup and now my swift is officially JBLfyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
If all you want is boom, stop think of everything else and look no further than the JBL 12" bass tube CS1204T (6,500/-) and the CS300.1 amp (About 10,000/-). Your current HU will accommodate this combo with ease and without any complication. Spend about 4K on wiring (power & RCA), and you are within your budget.
Thanks Hydrashok for a very good suggestion. I owe you one.
I got it installed from Sound Factor ( Lavelle Road, B'lore ). The guy was very helpfull and has all combinations of amp and sub that you can hear before installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Have PMed you the details :-)
Malgudi, Thanks a lot for the information on Sound Factor and i really appreciate your help and yes , i got a pretty good discount just mentioning Team-BHP cheers: .

Quote:
Hey Hydra,
Hey vid6639 i tried to find this IP-Bus cable RB10 in B'lore and couldn't get any information on it. Do you know where it can be sourced from in india ?
Old 29th December 2006, 22:08   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your setup sixthsense. And the discount- Good for you

Enjoy your music.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 29th December 2006 at 22:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks