Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2018, 07:00   #16
BHPian

Re: Head-Unit Review: Blaupunkt Symphony Saint Louis 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
At the top of my nice to have features from the head unit is the mirror linking feature so that I can use google maps for navigation......To a relative noob like me, this mirroring feature seems to be the way forward.
I got the Blaupunkt Symphony Saint Louis 350 installed recently on my Gen2 Innova. Primary reason I went for this was the Screen Mirroring feature (along with retaining the steering mounted controls). A month later, I have not used the mirroring feature at all, and now believe it is quite useless. Why? Well, 3 reasons

1. The screen resolution is really poor. What looks great on your cellphone looks pixelated and clunky on this Head Unit.

2. This comes with a resistive screen and not a capacitive one. Thus while you can click, it is very difficult to scroll and almost impossible for pinch to zoom in/out.

3. The most important one (and this may not be an issue for you, based on how your car is setup). When driving I am barely able to see the screen or read it, as the head-unit is not tilted towards the driver side in the Innova. Thus there is too much of light reflection and very difficult (and thus dangerous) to read anything off the head-unit screen. If Honda Jazz head unit is tilted towards the driver this may not be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Does the PhoneLINK support only Android phones? Or Iphones as well? I didnt see the distinction anywhere so I was curious.
PhoneLINK support is only for Android phones (that too after enabling Developer Options > Turn on USB Debugging). As far as i know iPhone support is not built in.

BTW, not an audiophile so cannot comment about the sound quality. I was pretty satisfied with the OEM headunit in the Innova (which shows my limited understanding on this subject).
Old 6th June 2018, 19:30   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
I got the Blaupunkt Symphony Saint Louis 350 installed recently on my Gen2 Innova. Primary reason I went for this was the Screen Mirroring feature (along with retaining the steering mounted controls). A month later, I have not used the mirroring feature at all, and now believe it is quite useless. Why? Well, 3 reasons
Thank you so much for this wonderful post detailing your real world feedback with the Saint Louis 350, sachinayak. I have checked most of the shops here in Cochin but none of them have demo units. Based on your post, I might put off my ICE upgrade till I can get my car to Bangalore where I should be able to get a demo of the head unit and the speakers.
Old 26th December 2018, 09:09   #18
BHPian

Installed this on my VW Ameo along with a pair of Blaupunkt Pure Component 66.2 C front and back and boy the clarity is amazing! Your review helped me choose this HU over the San Marino which is cheaper but the difference is on the Touch Screen.

The components at the front and back offer sufficient bass when tuned with the equalizer, even without a sub woofer during normal usage. The Amplifier and a Sub woofer completely change the equation though!

I do feel the Touch screen is alright and does not require a firm touch.

Thanks again neil.Jericho

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks