Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2018, 11:04   #1

Photographs of my car audio installs

Hey there guys and girls.
Thought I share some pictures of my old car audio installs I attended to over the years. I must have worked on over 50 cars but only have a few pics here. Please feel free to comment or ask any questions. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Photographs of my car audio installs-dsc_0066.jpg  

Photographs of my car audio installs-dsc_0003.jpg  

Photographs of my car audio installs-dsc_0584.jpg  

Photographs of my car audio installs-dsc_0544.jpg  

Photographs of my car audio installs-20170224_181116.jpg  

Photographs of my car audio installs-img_20140313_192424.jpg  

DrBoom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 12:11   #2

Rare car audio gear pics you may never see!!

Hey there guys and girls.

Thought I share some photographs of old school car audio gear you may never have seen or heard of. If you are keen or would like model numbers just shoot me a message so I can assist further. Thank you kindly!
Attached Thumbnails
Photographs of my car audio installs-20141031_164327.jpg  

Photographs of my car audio installs-20151121_095622.jpg  

Photographs of my car audio installs-1439462031154.jpg  

Photographs of my car audio installs-1439462060576.jpg  

Photographs of my car audio installs-1500779044705.jpg  

Photographs of my car audio installs-1526539280592.jpg  

Photographs of my car audio installs-dsc_0150.jpg  

Photographs of my car audio installs-dsc_0739.jpg  

Photographs of my car audio installs-dsc_0660.jpg  

Photographs of my car audio installs-dsc_1074.jpg  

Photographs of my car audio installs-dsc_1077.jpg  

Photographs of my car audio installs-dsc_1130.jpg  

Photographs of my car audio installs-dsc_1124.jpg  

DrBoom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 12:11   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Photographs of my car audio installs

Nice! Would appreciate some more details on the monster box's you've installed. A few lines on each install/photo maybe?
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 04:27   #4

re: Photographs of my car audio installs

Hey Dhanushs,

Thanks for your response. The first two photographs are an infinite baffle install. The whole boot area was stripped out, and wiped with damp rag and then with methylated spirit. It was vacuumed to remove any dust particles and then sound deadening was applied. I used Fatmat sound deadener for the process. The boot lid was also done. A single Kicker F15A subwoofer was mounted on a 1 inch thick marine plywood and all edging was sealed with dacron (wadding - wooly stuff, used to make pillows) The amplifiers are Precision Power PPI brand, The amplifiers were mounted on a marine plywood with holes to run wires and was attached to a large L bracket that holds it in place. A false floor using 3/4 marine ply was used and the boot area was finished with automotive carpet. LED / Neon lights were added to enhance the look and the brand sign was cut out using BALSA Wood which can be found in art and craft shops. The light silver amplifier is rated at 600rms and the dark one runs the four speakers with 200rms. Kicker power and rca cables were used with a 200amp Phoenix Gold circuit breaker near the battery. The front door speakers used was Boston Acoustics Rally series RC61 and the rears were Boston Acoustics co-ax speakers. Front component speakers where high passed at 80hz and the rears attended to 100hz. Subwoofers were crossed over at 80hz at 12db octave. The head unit used from memory was a Pioneer DEH-P9850BT.

The third and forth picture are showing Blaupunkt VELOCITY series 15 inch subwoofers model VXS-15 dual voice coil subwoofers rated at 1800 watts (peak I guess) and the chrome amplifier is a Precision Power PC2600 and the next one is Precision Power PC450 model used to run speakers.

The fifth pictures with LED lights around the subwoofers are Rockford Fosgate P215S4 subwoofers. The rears are Rockford co-ax speakers with LED lights. The whole boot area was sound deadening and MDF was used to construct the subwoofer box

The last picture shows a pair of Rockford Fosgate P210S4 in a 1.6cu feet sealed box with 1/4 inch Perspex and LED lighting. The box had a long hinge attached to the false marine Plywood floor so to access the spare wheel. The side amplifiers shown are Rockford Fosgate 400A4 to run door and rear speakers and the Rockford Fosgate 800a2 was used to run the subwoofers. The 800a2 was too powerful for the Rockford Subwoofers as the subwoofers were rated at 200rms. Consequently, the gains had to be reduced to encounter the subwoofers mechanical limits. These amplifiers are class A/B so they were drawing a lot of current from the battery as well.

Hope this helps you out!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks