Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2007, 19:41   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
You got the 306F in a bass reflex box. From the looks of the box it might be some sort of an EBS alignment (extended bass shelf). Never mind you are happy and that is what matters. For academic purposes I would love to hear your views with the port plugged.

BTW, You seem to have awful luck (one car stolen, another totalled) and great sprit to still be wishing us a Happy New Year. Hope 2007 is not as "exciting".
hi Navin,

first of all let me correct you. my subs are 304f and not 306f. and talking about my luck ill tell you something. there was another car which met with an accident and almost got totalled. it was a brand new indica turbo. And you know what. i had a honda city which also got totalled. leaving aside indica(red color) all the cars were silver. and thank go no 1 got hurt. so now we only buy black. And 1 more thing. Im a newbie here otherwise i have been fiddlin aroun with ice systems be it amps subs for quite somtime now. maybe 10-11 years or more than that.oh i remember i got my first amp and sub installed around 13 years back. it was a sharewood sub amp from canada and pio sub 12" and pio HU and speakers. well i didnt get into technicalities till a few years back. it was only trial and error. and i installed my first amp and sub myself.
Old 2nd January 2007, 21:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
first of all let me correct you..........oh i remember i got my first amp and sub installed around 13 years back. it was a sharewood sub amp from canada and pio sub 12" and pio HU and speakers. well i didnt get into technicalities till a few years back. it was only trial and error. and i installed my first amp and sub myself.
hey man cool down ...... Navin Ji is very senior here in the ICE section....his statements are just jokes dont take them seriously......but dont forget to post the pics of your setup......
Old 2nd January 2007, 23:29   #18
Team-BHP Support

Hey LBM I am open to correction! The day I am not I'll stop learning. Thanks for the compliment though; I think... :-)

Was the Sherwood? If so they sold a lot of "cost effective" recievers in the UK in the 80s.

The 304Fand the 306F are both free air and hence would have similar T/S specs. I would really like to hear your opinion after you close that port though.

You've been tinkering with ICE for 13 years now. Very nice. Take care.
Old 3rd January 2007, 04:45   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Hey LBM I am open to correction! The day I am not I'll stop learning. Thanks for the compliment though; I think... :-)

Was the Sherwood? If so they sold a lot of "cost effective" recievers in the UK in the 80s.

The 304Fand the 306F are both free air and hence would have similar T/S specs. I would really like to hear your opinion after you close that port though.

You've been tinkering with ICE for 13 years now. Very nice. Take care.
hi navin,

the let me correct you thingy was not meant to be that firm or something like that and please dont take it to your heart. we are all here to share our works and ideas and our egos should be in the bin and not in tbhp....and is your tinkering with ice for 13 years - very nice a genuine very nice or you mean to say something else. lol. and you definitely deserve guru dakshina for the work you do man seriously. advising explaining and what not.i would love to be your audio shishya. you rock.....

thanks,
Rishabh
Old 3rd January 2007, 04:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
hey man cool down ...... Navin Ji is very senior here in the ICE section....his statements are just jokes dont take them seriously......but dont forget to post the pics of your setup......
sir lbm,

it was not meant to be hard on anyone. well iam really sorry sir. even i feel after reading my q that it was rude. i will use the lols and all that in future and genuinly. and you know what? im addicted to tbhp..lol it 5 in the morning.

thanks
rishabh
Old 3rd January 2007, 05:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Navin i think it was sherwood but it was not that bad...hehe...navin im dying to build crossovers but dont know a thing about electronics is there anything i can do to learn....and ive planned to upgrade my ice...comps amp and 2 dvcs
and 2007 is gonna be exciting cause my pio HU got fried yesterday..lol
Old 3rd January 2007, 10:08   #22
Team-BHP Support

clipto, a good place to start are the cookbooks (Vance Dickanson and David Weems) beyond that there are mags like EFY, Elektor, etc... and websites like diyaudio.com etc...

Google should help you find all this. If not our resident google expert can help. (No guesses who I think that is) :-)

Remember it is the journey not the destination that counts. The Holy Grail does not exist but it can be awful fun finding it. I started "tinkering" in early 70s - I think I built my first speaker in 1972 or thereabouts but I was opening my dad's stuff (he was an audio nut too) long before that.
Old 4th January 2007, 11:29   #23
Team-BHP Support

This is a nice primer on Aperidic enclosures. enjoy.

http://homepage.mac.com/tlinespeaker...nAperiodic.pdf

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks