Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2007, 18:55   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
You have my compliments. Excellent. Now enjoy the music.
Thanks Sam!!! I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
Awsome!
How in the world did you manage to keep it under the wraps for so long???

Man that is one awsome setup.
He He He... I was on vacation for the last 2 weeks and more over, did not want to start another 1000+ posts thread on "what shall I do"... I did get a lot of help from the forum and other ICE gurus though. Call me when you are in Cbe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Congrats on the clean install & good pics, quicksilver. i hope you are happy with the setup & the sound.
thanks E_L... The setup is just what I wanted.... clear and crisp and natural. I had listened to Hertz setups on both KB's and wildcard's cars so I knew what I was looking for. Thanks to both these people, I did not have any nasty surprises once the installation was done.
Old 3rd January 2007, 10:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
T
He He He... I was on vacation for the last 2 weeks and
Quote:
more over, did not want to start another 1000+ posts thread on "what shall I do".
.. I did get a lot of help from the forum and other ICE gurus though.
Thanks a bunch for not boring us common folks with another what ICE thread. i believe it creates more confusion than anything else.

A terrific set up though.
Old 3rd January 2007, 11:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Ishaan Bhai any Idea`s from the install.....

Anyways a good clean install..............
Old 3rd January 2007, 11:41   #19
BHPian

Sriram, this thought just struck me...

Shouldnt the cross overs be some where higher up? Like with the rains we have it isnt all that un common for rain water to enter the cabin???
Old 3rd January 2007, 11:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Sriram, this thought just struck me...

Shouldnt the cross overs be some where higher up? Like with the rains we have it isnt all that un common for rain water to enter the cabin???
Thats a good question... I thought about it, but then it also means the XOs will have to be visible. I did not want them fitted on the boot and increase the length of the wire between the XO and the components so this sounded better. Anyways, if we drive through a flood the car would be in for service where we will strip the carpet off for drying etc... the XOs will be taken care of then. I pray we dont get to such a situation
Old 3rd January 2007, 11:58   #21
Team-BHP Support

What about behind the dash?
Old 3rd January 2007, 12:10   #22
BHPian

What I meant was wouldnt the XOs get wet? Wouldnt that be really bad?

I would suggest you move the XOs some where higher up like behind the dash as Navin said.

I guess there is a protrusion sort of just behind the gear lever console. Or you can get a MDF console made and fix the XOS inside them so that they are both safe and hidden from view.
Old 3rd January 2007, 13:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
What about behind the dash?
Quote:
I guess there is a protrusion sort of just behind the gear lever console. Or you can get a MDF console made and fix the XOS inside them so that they are both safe and hidden from view.
The problem with this is, I have to get the installer to remove the dash. The City's dash is a bit messy and if they do not put it back properly it starts rattling in no time. I have had major issues with this even when my car was new and had to get help from Honda SIEL in correcting this. thats why anything to do with the dashboard is a nightmare for me.

Otherwise, with my usage I have never had issues with water sepage on the floor and hence do not think it will be an issue. However, if this is a common problem, then I ought to do something about it.... like you guys advise.
Old 3rd January 2007, 17:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

One of the best install ..why?

1) stealth setup ( coz it wasnt posted for advice here and hence he could chose what he wanted and still save money . lol)

2) no unnecessary cutting etc for the install

3) good amount of damping

4) nice choice of speakers and he didn't leave the rear empty like kb did

5) install executed by one of best installer in teh south and leaving the installer to do his job without any interruption in between.

6) his car still remains a virgin. No joke. One of the BEST kept car in TBHP or maybe even in India. 46k, 4 and half years, no scratch...but then, the ICE part is the only other non-Honda accessory his car. Would have Honda ICE products be available and great, he would have opted for them. I will post pix of his car to understand why Quicksilver wanted this install to be NEAT and yet great.

@ quicksilver; try to post some pix with the hand rest down. And do you have more pix of the IB? It was the best job of the install as I liked the way Anwar designed the panel.

once again, guys, the pix you see is of a 4 and half year old car which was ICEd one week back

Last edited by jkdas : 3rd January 2007 at 17:52.
Old 3rd January 2007, 18:43   #25
BHPian

Hello
Simply beautifull....This is one really Neat Looking install bro. Sight for sore eyes stuff this is.. .
This system reeks of SQ. Hehehe. I bet its sounding really crisp bro.Its got to because its configures top to bottom for nothing but SQ. Super Set up bro.. Congrats..
P.S. Bro i would consider moving the crossovers.. u never know bro. Even a water bottle leaking.. stuff like that. I just think it will be a lot safer bro.
But otherwise.. My god.. This thread has just gone into my Bookmarks...hehe.. love the work and the final result bro..
Keep rocking
big boom
Old 3rd January 2007, 19:10   #26
BANNED

Don't worry about the crossovers.

Unless this car is sold to somebody, There's no chance of dust getting into this car's interiors. Water is still very far!
Old 3rd January 2007, 19:12   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
P.S. Bro i would consider moving the crossovers.. u never know bro. Even a water bottle leaking.. stuff like that. I just think it will be a lot safer bro.
Now I should be seriously considering moving the XOs... you are the third person here advising me of the same and I can already see it is a common problem.

thanks very much for the compliments and mainly the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
he could chose what he wanted and still save money . lol
not exactly JK.... I have learnt that ICE is like a bottomless pit. However much you put in, there is always room for more. At one point I had to stop myself from trying to achieve the impossible and concentrate on enjoying what I got. And that exactly is what I wanted to convey in this thread.

Quote:
install executed by one of best installer in teh south and leaving the installer to do his job without any interruption in between.
You know how fussy I am about the car, but for the install, I had to let him do his job freely once he understood my preferences. Thats probably why it had turned out well.

Quote:
I will post pix of his car to understand why Quicksilver wanted this install to be NEAT and yet great.

the pix you see is of a 4 and half year old car which was ICEd one week back
thanks for that JK... btw, the car is 3.5 years old, 46K done and NOW has a teeny weeny scratch on the bumper

Quote:
@ quicksilver; try to post some pix with the hand rest down. And do you have more pix of the IB? It was the best job of the install as I liked the way Anwar designed the panel.
The original idea belongs to Gunbir but the job was executed to perfection by Anwar. It was a new experience to him (Anwar) going by what he told me and he was also quiet happy with the outcome.

I do not have a lot of pics of the IB while it was under process but can get more now. I will have the rest of the pics put up tomorrow.
Old 3rd January 2007, 21:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
The original idea belongs to Gunbir but the job was executed to perfection by Anwar. It was a new experience to him (Anwar) going by what he told me and he was also quiet happy with the outcome.
As said before, IB works and sounds great if done properly and as expected Anwars done a good job. I'm glad it turned out the way you wanted it to... Congrats on a great setup...

Enjoy!

PS. Post some more pics of the 6x9 grills. I hear they turned out great.
Old 3rd January 2007, 23:32   #29
BHPian

Congratulations for your install...it came out really nice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks