Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2007, 13:40   #1
BANNED

Psp In My Santro-Need Help

Hi all,
I recently got a PSP (Play Station Portable) for my car i attached it to my pioneer 6850 deck ,In the PSP fits a 3.5mm jack and in the deck fits a 2.5mm jack directly in the AUX.i got a wire connecting both and not i can watch movies and here music as i feel,
But the wire is not of a superior quality and is not giving me the required output on my system,I have tried going to a number of places and car shops but they all have the same flimsy wire, I also tried stores like CROME and searched at Milan Subway,Does any one have any idea if there is any type of superior quality wire for this or any other possible way i can get the require quality as the sound when heard from PSP and not from the CD, cuts down by half.

Thanx/Cheers
Old 17th January 2007, 20:07   #2
Team-BHP Support

It might be the output capablities of the PSP but if you want good wires MX makes a wide variety of cables at reasonable prices and MX is an Indian brand. Beyond that one can always fashion a cable from a set of plugs and some good wire like Belden.
Old 17th January 2007, 23:40   #3
BHPian

hi,

guys i have a psp but i havent tried to connect it to my pio HU 6850mp.
please let me know if there is a way to improve the output signals from psp or any other music player?

the psp doesnt even have enough power to drive the headphones that are bundled along.

is there any kind of signal booster or something like that available for this purpose? or is there a possibility of a diy booster or a thing like that? Many audio players dont have enough power output so, it would be a great piece of equipment for us aux input users
Old 18th January 2007, 02:08   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
the psp doesnt even have enough power to drive the headphones that are bundled along.
The bundled psp headphones are total crap ! Get a decent pair of headphones and you'll notice WAY better sound o/p from the psp. Although,you should know that the psp audio is nowhere close to an ipod's audio.
Old 18th January 2007, 02:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

theres a friend of mine whole got it installed in his city..and it sounds perfect...and he has used normal cables...ill get the name of the cable soon.
Old 18th January 2007, 07:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

If the output from a PSP is lacking (to headphones or to the HU), an option (a bit expensive) is to use a headphone amp like a Boostaroo or a Bithead. These are not available in India, but they can be purchased online/brought in from abroad.

Downside of this option is more wires, another battery, and one more 'box' to manage. And for use in a car, maybe a little overkill These are mostly meant to get the most out of high-end headphones.
Old 18th January 2007, 11:47   #7
Team-BHP Support

Hydra, the Bithead costs as much as some HUs! the PSP outout is meant to drive low impedance headphones and Aux IN is normally a higher impedance (but requires a lot less drive than most headphones). If I were faced with such a position I'd dig upa forum on PSP DIY and try to boost the output of the PSP by a few db. I wont be supsrised if a 3-4db boost is found to be adequate.

This maybe academic (given my opinion above) but if you do not need USB then the Airhead will save you some money over the Bithead.

Last edited by navin : 18th January 2007 at 11:49.
Old 18th January 2007, 11:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

we had someone who had connected this efficiently and even had pix somewhere here at TBHP

check this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...-my-swift.html

Last edited by jkdas : 18th January 2007 at 12:04.
Old 20th January 2007, 04:36   #9
BANNED

Wire for Psp

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
theres a friend of mine whole got it installed in his city..and it sounds perfect...and he has used normal cables...ill get the name of the cable soon.
Dan waiting for the name of the wires please, Its not that it does not give me the out put required but what sound i get at volume 10 on a cd i get the same volume from a psp at volume 20,...I was told by one guy who claimed to be the distributer of monster cabling that they make the wire i require and would be there at crome ...i have litterly searched high and dry over mumbai and cannot find the wire....If any one can please help me where to get it, and the picture of the psp shows on my id...Cheers
Old 24th January 2007, 10:03   #10
BANNED

psp set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDTHING View Post
Dan waiting for the name of the wires please, Its not that it does not give me the out put required but what sound i get at volume 10 on a cd i get the same volume from a psp at volume 20,...I was told by one guy who claimed to be the distributer of monster cabling that they make the wire i require and would be there at crome ...i have litterly searched high and dry over mumbai and cannot find the wire....If any one can please help me where to get it, and the picture of the psp shows on my id...Cheers

heres how the psp is set up in mu car and i can move it on any part of my glass on any side....

[img=http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/7267/dsc00961small0bq.th.jpg]

dan still waiting fr your reply...
Cheers

cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks